C25K challenge starting December

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • so I worked out with a personal trainer on Sunday and my legs have not recovered yet. My leg muscles are so sore. I am hoping to start week 5 tomorrow, but will see how I feel.
  • Okay did Week 5 Day 1 today and felt great! I am going to do it again though before I move on.
  • way to go dollypie!
    week 5 has pretty big jumps in time each day. I plan on doing each day 3 times. I have one more W5D2 to go.
  • So I just did W5D3!!!! I ran an entire 20 minutes!! and it was WAY hard. My heart rate got higher than I have ever seen it and when I was finished and started my cooldown I almost threw up. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it because I was pushing myself? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I really don't want it to happen again cause I don't know if there will be a trashcan nearby
  • It's fine, Xana. It's normal in the sense of if you push yourself hard/too hard you may throw up. As you become more fit, you'll be able to go further and faster without feeling sick.

And-- GOOD FOR YOU! HOORAY!
  • thanks maria! I was really excited to have been able to run for 20 minutes but the need to vomit sorta freaked me out. Glad to know that it has happened to others - not that anyone wants to throw up over the side of the treadmill
  • HOORAY for XANADOODLE for the being the first to run 20 minutes straight!
    I am so proud of you!

I did Week5Day1 for the past two days. I am going to do W5D2 twice next week and then head to day 3. I think it is too much of a jump for me too.

Do you ladies listen to music while to run? If I didn't I don't think I would make it.
  • Thanks Dollypie, it was pretty exciting!

I definitely listen to music while I exercise, I think that is a big part of what helps me finish the workout. When I want to stop I tell myself 'just keep going til the end of the song and see how much time is left', breaking it up into segments like that is really helpful to me.
  • Inspired!
    Hey Girls,

I stumbled upon this thread while exploring the site...and I decided to jump on the wagon! (Or was that get off and walk? )

I've roped my partner into doing it too, so we both did W1D1 today! Yay!

A quick question - it says three times a week, if I do it three days in a row, is that worse than spacing it out during the whole week?

Cheers, and *well done* to you all for getting this far!

Kylie
  • Hi Elerine and Welcome!
    I believe the program calls for at least a day off running between workouts. I think they do that to make sure that you avoid getting injured. When there are large step ups in time I will sometimes take more than one day, I just try to listen to my body. I do remember that for the first month that I started I couldn't WAIT to do the next workout, but I forced myself to take it slow.

And congratulations on finishing Day One!!!
  • Good Morning Ladies,

Okay finished W5D2 and it felt fantastic! I didn't think that I would be able to run 8 minutes but I did it. Then on the second round I ran 10 minutes because I had to finish the song. I plan on doing it one more day on Wednesday and then I am going to aim for 20 minutes on Friday! We'll see how it goes.

Elerine, Welcome! and way to get going! I think you should space them out over the week to avoid injury and burnout. I usually do my run/walk on Mon, Wed, and Fri. On Tues. and Thurs. I will cycle, walk stairs, rowing, or get on the elliptical machine. Also what has helped me alot since I have a bum knee is weight training to increase my leg strength. Also it has helped the muscle pain in my calves as well. Keep up updated on how you are doing!
  • WooHoo! W1D2 achieved! I used a different treadmill at the gym today, and it nearly killed me! I think it is just old, but it was slippery, and it took ages to speed up and slow down...I literally had to hang on for dear life during the running parts. I think I will just wait for my usual one next time!

Kylie
  • Kylie, congrats on finishing day two. I have a treadmill that I stick to as well. By the way you are not the only one that just wants to be overweight.

• Thanks for this thread. I hope it is not too late to get in on the action. I started today!

Silly me I read the instructions but got it wrong and actually started on week two by accident but it was fine. I love how this plan gives you permission to go slow. I am not on a treadmill all I have is the great outdoors and my great outdoors is real hilly so that adds an extra challenge.
  • Welcome hikerchick!!!!

I did W5D3 today and felt so good! I never thought I could run 20 minutes!