Weighty Issues #47: December 06

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Kempy, I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are. I wish we all lived closer and could go out for coffee or lunch and just hang out. Don't worry about venting around here, we are all friends and can always lend an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on...But how exciting to be thinking of starting a family! Congratulations!! I know you and Joe will make great parents. Good luck and have fun trying

Angie, Mickey is so cute with that hat on. He looks like he thinks you're punishing him for doing something wrong

Well, I am trying to wrap some presents and get some paperwork done here at work...we got Michael an xbox 360 system. I am putting the old system either in my office or my bedroom at home--I don't know which is the lesser of two evils? I think the office will be the place, the bedroom is reserved for other types of games

Anyway, I gotta run for now, be back later. Have a good one ladies.
  • I went to the doctor today, as I've been doing every Wed. She took x-rays and the swelling is down some, but still some pain and slight bruising. The x-ray showed a hairline fracture that is healing, but still some damage to the ligaments. She said I'll be in the soft cast and boot for about 3-4 more weeks. On a positive note, she said I can drive without the boot if I can put pressure on my foot without favoring it. I'm going to try this weekend. She did tell me that I can't go to the mall, but Walmart, Target, etc, were ok as long as I use the carts. She doesn't want me walking or standing much. So I guess I'll still be lugging the boot and walker around all during the winter break from school.

Noelle: I received your package today. Thank you so much. I'm tormenting Ashley by not opening it until Christmas. She said she was going to call you and ask if she could open it. I haven't sent anything out yet, but hopefully I can soon.

Kempy: Noelle said it all; we are here for each other. I, too, do not know what I'd do without all of you. I wish we were closer, too. Too bad I'm not planning on going to CA during Christmas break; we really could go get a coffee or something and chat. Know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Angie: I guess you're getting ready to leave. You're going to have so much fun. We're going to miss you.

Dips: Are finals over yet? How about that new man????? We're still waiting to hear everything.

Cherie: Are the girls getting excited for Christmas? Do you think you'll have a white Christmas? Hope everything is going well for you.

Hello to everyone else. Hope your week is going great.

Cal
  • Good Morning. I had to take the dogs to Bangor yesterday so Candi could get groomed. I figured I would try Petco so that I could bring Mickey along and walk him around the store whie we wait so maybe he would see that riding in the car isnt all bad. I dont think it worked. He just doesnt like riding. I have to go drop him and Candi off at the boarding kennel tomorrow. How do you guys do it? I will be sad.

Noelle, The elphmorphosis was too cute!!! The kids loved it too!!!

Kempy, I wished I could hang out with you too. I know how hard it is to make new friends in new places. I have lived here for 15 years and I still dont have any friends. Everyone we ever met turned out to be 2 faced etc. So we just hang out with ourselves. I am extremely shy too so that doesnt help.

I hope your house sells soon. Does the realtor have any reasons why they think it isnt selling?

Cal, I am glad your foot is starting to feel better. We dont have any snow up here. It snowed once an inch or so and now it is all gone and the temps are above freezing and rain. We havent been getting as much snow in recent years as I remember having as a kid. I dont remember any Christmas vacations where me and my sister didnt go sliding all vacation.

Well, I will try to post tomorrow but we should be running all day trying to get everything all tied up. If I dont get back then MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I love you guys!!
  • Thanks guys! I do feel a little better today. I am going to schedule a doc visit soon to see if they should change the meds. I hate that I have to take them and I promise I am not a crazy person. I guess all the years of hiding it are coming to light. My mo always said there is more room out then in. (I think it was about something else though)

Cal when do you guys get out for break? I say some kids today at noon walking home. I have no idea when they get out around here. That would be fun if you were heading out to CA.

Angie our realtor has not even shown the house once. It is always shown by someone else. I guess that is better than it not showing at all. She tells me the market is slow right now. If it isn't sold my Marhc 1st she is out of there. I am tired of her crap. To make it worse I have to pay $1500 out of our own money just so Joe's company will be able to give us the equity in the house as soon as we have an offer. To be able to do that we had to have a realtor that would work with them and she told them she was not giving up any of her money. What a %itch!

Noelle your gift made me smile, thanks. I love the dog tags. I have never seen those before. I hate that I am not able to do anything for you guys this year. This stinks!

I really need to eat some lunch. I just got back from the gym and I am starving.
  • Today is my birthday and it just hit me that i am 35!
    Just a quick one before I have to pick up Mikey from school. They get out at 11 today and they're off for Christmas break! I am a little upset at Rick this morning because he left the house without wishing me a happy b-day...that wasn't too much to ask was it??? He did leave me a b-day present on the Xmas tree over the weekend but I would've liked a little "Happy Birthday" before he left for work.... so grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! But to give the guy a little credit, I know the b-day present is jewelry, but I am not going to open it unless he hands it to me himself! He did call me at the office to apologize but he is not out of the doghouse yet.

Kempy, I'm glad you're feeling a little better today and that your package arrived in good shape. Aren't those dog tags cute? I got Lucky some too. That sucks about your old house not selling yet, if I can recall it is a really nice house too.

Cal, I'm glad you got your package as well. I don't have any complaints about the US Postal Service yet... I sent out a ton of packages this year and so far so good . Be careful on that foot because you don't want to aggravate it and prolong your recuperation. ok, off my

Angie, if you aren't able to post tomorrow HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!!
  • HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NOELLE!!!!!
  • Noelle, I am so sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday yesterday. I have it marked on my calender and everything. I am very scatterbrained these days.

Did you get everything that you wanted. Did Rick get out of the doghouse?

Kempy, I had one of those realtors too. Houses dont sell all that easy up here and it didnt help that we had so much extra money into the bakery building.

Oh yeah, incase you guys are wondering why the heck I am up this early typing to you it is because Candi pooped all over my bedroom carpet. Not normal hard poop either. I have been cleaning up a storm and lets just say that it will be a whole lot easier to leave her in the kennel now.

Well, I have to get cleaning the house and stuff.
  • Hey guys.

Noelle I am sorry I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday too. I should know better, today is my sisters b-day. Sorry again.

Anige nothing like having a surprise for you in the morning. I think some kid threw their gum over our brick fence. (we have a play area next to the house) Well, Ehco came in the house with it stuck all over her back leg. Poor baby. When do you guys pull out for vaca?

I am a little slow today. I am going to the gym and I would be home by now but I am dragging butt. We ate Mexican last night and I got up 2 times to drink water and once I downed a hugh glass of Diet Green tea. I think I am sluggish from dinner. We will not be eating there again. Joe's friend paid for it so I didn't feel so bad eating it.

Nothing really new happening here. That is the bad part.
  • Good morning ladies, thanks for the birthday wishes--really, I didn't mention it to lay a guilt trip on you guys, I just wanted to vent about Rick--he's my freakin' husband for gawd's sake! I know you guys love me

He did get me a beautiful diamond double circle pendant, the outer circle in white gold the inner circle in yellow gold w/diamonds so I wore that to Michael's Christmas program last night. I got 2 more Starbucks gift cards from my family so I will be set for my caffiene fixes for a while--I LOVE IT!!! : One of the funny gifts I got was a necklace w/a "b*tch" pendant on it from my 14 y.o. niece.

Angie, I hope Candi is alright and how gross about your carpet Is Brit doing better? I wish I was leaving tomorrow as well... you guys will have a blast.

Kempy, I would scrape all that gum off the dog and throw it back over the fence so the brat that threw it can step on it himself .

Well, I have to get some estimates out so we can have the guys doing some work while we are out partying in Vegas.

Hi to everyone else
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NOELLE!!!!!!

I know I've been MIA the last couple of months. I thought I'd pop in really quick to see what's going on with you lovely ladies. However, I'll have to do catch a little later. Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone.

cw
  • Hey cw!! It's good to see you again and thanks.

Hope your days aren't too hectic.
  • Okay, we are getting ready to head out. I love ya and I will talk to ya on the first. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.
  • OMG it looks like Angie left at 2AM. CRAZY. I guess the kids can slep in the car on the way. I know they will have a great time.

CW it is good to see you again. Don't take so long to post next time. We cuoold use some more posts here.

I don't think I am going to the gym today. I think I over did it yesterday and now I am paying for it. I was trying to be superwoman and now I feel like I got in a fight. Joe was making fun of me but I can't wait to see him once he gets back to the gym too. We are mean, huh?

What is everyone up to today? I am going to attemp to go to Target. I really only need a few things but I figured I need to get out of the hosue and work out some of this soreness. Well, I better head out before the crazy women get there.
  • I am feeling better today. I was able to move my arms this morning so it is back to the gym today. I figured I would do what I can before we leave so I don't feel so guilty when I am eating all of that good stuff.

I have noticed something strange about myself. I have started to not eat very much meat. I am not really intrested in chicken either. I wonder what I going on with me. I am making sure that I am eating cheese and yogurt and drinking my milk so that I get some sort of protein. Weird.

I hope you guys are having a great weekend.
  • Happy Sunday ladies. We are leaving for Vegas on the 20th and I keep thinking that it will be Christmas already...I keep forgetting that we get back on Christmas day. I guess it's because I was conditioning myself to get all my shopping done by this weekend. Well, I have been eating terribly with all the darn chocolates lying around for Xmas. I am definitely going to be back on track come the new year. I am getting too big for my pants, and I don't even say hohoho!

Kempy, maybe your body is moving toward a vegetarian diet, nothing wrong with that. When do you guys to to Cali? I wonder if Angie them are at their first destination having fun...

Well, we are off to breakfast and then some final shopping. It's going to be crazy out there in the stores. Have a great Sunday everyone.