whole wheat baking mix

• help! I am so screwed.
    I had gotten a recipe off this forum for whole wheat baking mix. It is great.
    I could use it just like bisquik. I made pancakes and biscuits. But now I've lost it. I've search the recipes and can't find it. Can anyone help?
  • I've looked too and can't seem to find it. Anybody else?

It seems to me Beachgal posted one but she is off on holidays now so I can't ask her.
  • I've never made a baking mix but I use a boxed one from Southaven Farm. I get them at www.southavenfarms.com. They have whole wheat, multi-grain, and a bunch of others. They make muffins, bread, pancakes, buns, etc. Would that help?
  • I have this recipe.... not sure where I got it from, but I hope this helps!

Baking Mix

8 c. flour (whole wheat or whole wheat pastry) (I used Bob's Red Mill Pastry Flour)
    5 T. baking powder
    1 T. salt
    1 to 2 c. dry powder milk (nonfat dry milk)
    1 1/2 c. oil
    Optional: 1/2 c. nutritional yeast (I did not include this)

Combine dry ingredients well in a large bowl. Cut in oil with fingers to make fine crumbs. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Makes 11 cups.

Hi-protein: In place of 8 c. flour, use 5 1/2 c. ww flour, 1 c. soy flour and 1 1/2 c. wheat germ.
    Whole grain: In place of 8 c. flour, use 5 c. ww flour, 1 c. bran, 1 c. wheat germ and 1 c. oatmeal or oat flour, rye flour, or other whole grain flour.

To make biscuits:
    3 c. baking mix (from above recipe)
    2/3 c. milk or water
    Optional: grated cheese, herbs or spices

Stir milk into mix just until moistened. Knead briefly on floured surface; roll or pat out to 1/2" thick and cut into biscuits. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.

Drop biscuits: Use 1 c. milk and drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake as above. Makes 18 2" biscuits.
  • That's just great, Boxergurl! Thanks for posting. I will try to remember to move it into the Recipe Section so it never gets lost again!
  • Sweet! I was eyeing a box of the mix in the grocery store the other day, but wanted to see if I could make my own. Thanks!
  • Thanks, Boxergurl!

I've never had a recipe like that, but it's indispensible, as I have a cookbook that insists on using 'Reduced Fat Bisquick' in everything. I was at a loss as to what to substitute for that! Thank you!!! :

I've posted the recipe in the recipe section and am closing this. Just PM me if you think it needs to be re-opened, okay?