ipod question...

• My son has an ipod that he got in March/April of this year. He is having problems getting it to hold a charge for more that 2-3 hrs. Any suggestions?
  • 1) Adjust settings on ipod to be more energy friendly. Certain things can drain the battery faster.
    2) Contact apple about it
    3) It is possible that the battery is prematurely dying. Apple could probably better suited to give you advice. I believe you can get the battery replaced professionally which will cost a bit or you can try replacing it yourself. There are websites and battery replacement kits online but you need to be cautious, the ipod isn't really meant to be opened up.
  • -If it's an ipod issue, you may be able to get a refurbished one through Apple.

-make sure the backlight setting is at its lowest (<5 seconds). If my light is continuously on (like if I'm watching a video), than I get maybe 2 hours out of it. If I'm constnaly changing songs, that can drain it, too. As far as ipods go though, battery life seems to be their weak spot in general. Do you have an Apple store in your town? I love going there because the people are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck
  • Could also try letting the battery go entirely empty, and then recharging it, assuming it's a rechargeable. sometimes they have problems if they are not getting a chance to entirely discharge.