There's 50 Pounds Less of Me

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi folks. This was a really big weekend for me.

Saturday night we had a community fundraiser at which I was a volunteer. I knew there would be many people I haven't seen in a long time. I was so nervous, couldn't help wondering if anybody would notice I'd lost weight. The only problem was we had to wear white shirts and dark bottoms. I had to go buy a new white shirt and I did, but it was white and I felt so horrible that for my first night out seeing people I would be stuck wearing white. White shirt and all about 10 different people asked me if I lost weight! And a few of them even asked me how I lost the weight. This is all so new to me.

And Sunday was my birthday and I woke up and stepped on the scale and there it was 236 pounds, I have now lost 51 pounds, I still can't believe it, my first big chunk gone. I never want to see any of those 51 pounds ever again! Goodbye, good riddance, adios.

Thanks for listening today and always, I truly believe that 3fc and all of you gals (and the ocassional guy) has played an important role in my success so far.

P.S. I also want to change my name from "fed"up to something else, anyone know how to change a name, and if so am I better off just leaving it so people will know who I am?
  • WTG, you!!
  • What an affirming evening that was for you! Good for you!

Great birthday present to yourself.....those self-given birthday presents are the best, because they mean you are treating yourself the way you deserve to be treated....with self-care.

Onward and downward!!!!!
  • How wonderful that must have been Good for you and all of your hard work Way to go!!!

About your name - what I thought of was that you could change your name if you wanted to, but write an "intro" post to let us know that it's you and include something in your signature for people who miss the intro post
  • CONGRATS! Doesn't it feel great to lose the equilivent of a 4-year old? I've referred to my weight loss as "two toddlers" to other people - especially mommys.
  • Congratulations to you... sounds like an absolutely wonderful weekend!
  • we've seen the weight go slowly so its hard to imagine others noticing it. but they sure do!! btw it was my birthday on sunday too!!! happy birthday!
  • And a very Happy Birthday to you train!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words, they mean so very much to me.
  • What a wonderful birthday present to yourself. Way to go

About the white t-shirt and dark pants: you were dressed like everyone else and still stood out. Take some time and enjoy your success--treat yourself to a new pair of pants or something!
  • That's wonderful...you should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • That is great, thanks for sharing!! And a happy happy birthday to you!
  • Congratulations! and Very Happy Birthday to you.

Wishing You All The Best
    Denise
  • Congratulations on hitting the 50 lb mark.

I believe you can PM a moderator and they can help you change your name and keep your posts intact with your new name. I know I've seen posts in the help section where Suzanne has assisted with that, if the mods can't.
  • I am very proud of you. WTG!!!! You've done what most can't do!
  • Congrats...What a memoriable & happy birthday...