I think I had a dietary malfunction

• I'm making rouladen for dinner tonight. I spread some smokey garlic mustard on the beef and sprinkled it with some additional mustard seeds.

Did you know that mustard seeds have about 50 cal per Tbs?

Dang!
  • I didnt know that...WOW. And i never would have guessed it. That is nuts.
  • I know; isn't that crazy! I normally don't even bother checking the calories on spices, but I was glad I checked on mustard seeds. Who would have suspected those little buggers had so many calories as compared to other spices. Luckily, I rarely use more than 1 tbsp of them in a recipe.
  • Those little seeds have lots of mustard oil in them (just like sesame seeds)!
    I remember once being in a cafeteria where we were all getting a serving of beef rouladen. I asked one of the fellows in front of me what EXACTLY beef rouladen was, as I had never heard of it. He replied that it was "beef, with ROULADS in it"...That was 15 years ago, and it still makes me laugh!!!!
  • "ROULADS"
    I don't get it.
  • Quote: "ROULADS"
    I don't get it.
    It sounds like the guy was trying to cover up the fact that he didn't know what beef rouladen was either. Rouladen (or roulades) is meat wrapped around a filling and cooked. It is not an ingredient in and of itself (just like eggs benedict isn't eggs with benedict in them )
  • Altari, he didn't know that beef rouladen was a dish, and that "roulads" were not an ingredient...Anyways, I thought it was kind of funny, as it was clear that the dish wasn't filled with anything that would look like a ROULAD!
  • Quote: I didnt know that...WOW. And i never would have guessed it. That is nuts.

Nuts???

I'd say it was more or less "seeds".

Bwwahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I kill me sometimes.
  • Quote: Nuts???

I'd say it was more or less "seeds".

Bwwahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I kill me sometimes.
    Somebody needs to whack your P P.