Why are some of your goals odd numbers?

• I've noticed that some of the goals for some of you are weights like 139. Why not 140 or 135? Why that particular number?

I'm just curious.
  • My next goal (after the one I am on which was 210 by new years) is going to be 196.5 - because that is the weight at which my BMI will be considered "overweight" and not "obese".
  • I just want to hover comfortably under 125 so I just picked a number ... under that ..
  • I just chose my number randomly, 145. I'm at 141 and I think that odd number sounds even better.
  • My goal is the top end of the healthy weight range for my height.
  • My first goal was 256 because that is what # i remember weighing in high school.

My short term goal is 238 because i remember being that weight (dont know why that number sticks out) and i thought then, "wow, i really need to lose weight"..funny that i ended up at 284, so to get back down to 238 would just be a cool number to be back down to.

My long term goal is 193, because the last time i lost weight, that was my lowest #.

My ultimate goal is 144...just shy of 145.

That was a good question...interesting to see what motivates people towards certain numbers.
  • My goal weight is 137, which is 50 pounds from my starting weight.
  • My goal is 133...it'll be an even 80 lbs lost if I make it there. Once I get there, I'll see if I need to readjust that goal number.
  • I want to be 129 so I can say I am in the 120's. I am hovering at 151 and I so badly want to say I am in the 140's.
  • Mine is exactly half of what I started with -- even though my ticker says 153 -- my true goal is 153.5. I'll have lost 1/2 of my total body weight. And I plan ultimately to maintain 150-155. I may go lower if I'm terribly unhappy in the 150's, but I don't see that happening.
  • Thanks for sharing all that.

Now I'm going to really have to think of a goal weight for me.
  • 133 is mine, because this weight is approximately the middle of my healthy BMI range, and a flux of 3 pounds up or down will keep me within this range!