20 Minute, 7 ingredient Oatmeal cookies!!

• Hey guys,

I found a recipe on line for flourless oatmeal cookies - and changed it work on Core MUCH to my surprise - it turned out VERY good!! The cookies are much more like muffins (don't expect the chewy cookie texture) - but they are almost like apple cinnamon muffins - and really satisfy the cookie/pastry craving. I don't really have the pre-core cravings - but - there are times when something like this SOUNDS so good - and it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself DO remember to spray your pan with Pam - I had a very new nonstick pan and was able to get the cookies off with a spatula, but it did leave a bit of a shadow of cookie on the pan. If I hadn't used non-stick - I am certain it would have STUCK - so do use non-stick. I forgot to spray with Pam - but the non-stick saved me. There's no fat in these so nothing to keep them from sticking like glue they really do remind me of muffins - and it only takes a few minutes to mix and 12 or so to bake - I was enjoying them in less than a half hour...

1 cup uncooked oats
    1/3 cup Splenda sweetener
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 Egg
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Drop by large serving spoonfuls onto a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Cookies are "cake-like" and don't spread much so they can be placed close together.

Makes about 15 large cookies - or maybe 2 dozen regular size (I made mine large)

Tina
  • amazing, tina. thank you for posting.
  • Yummm!
    These sound like they are worth trying. Thanks for the find. It looks like they would be 6 pts. for the whole batch (or 5 if you used egg beater, eh?) I'll have to try them this coming weekend. I have been baking some treats for the family lately, so now it's my turn!! Mama
  • Thanks guys The thing I like most is that they are 'portable' I am a huge fan of granola bars - but we know those are not core. This is the next best thing for me. I figure about 3 cookies is probably close to a serving of oatmeal and a serving of applesauce. And I'd much rather eat them in this form

The original recipe called for different dried fruits - I dumped those and added the applesauce and the salt. I got lucky I think with the combinations

I'm surprised at how many people have READ this post, but only 2 responded! lol. Guess we have a LOT of lurkers

Tina
  • ooooh, I think I can even handle this recipe. Printing now....

Thanks
  • Well, I printed it and I bet a lot of others did too...

There's all kinds of ways to "respond"
  • Thank you, Tina. Those sound great.
  • Sounds good - am trying this weekend, thanks!
  • Lurker here!!! The title caught my eye! Who doesnt want something yummy with so little ingredients and time...

I'm usually on the South Beach board...and ya know what? This recipe is purrrrrrfect for the beach babes.. Would you mind if I copied into the South Beach recipe thread?
  • Go ahead! share away

I was trying to think of a way to make them more cookie-like - but considering I think it's the fat that makes them crunchy - I guess this is the closest "Core" cookie I'll get

Thanks everyone!

Tina
  • Thanks Tina! I think I'll be making these this weekend!
  • I'm thinking of subbing Pumpkin for the applesauce next time - and adding some nutmeg. I just finished the last of the first batch today - with a cup of coffee flavored with splenda Mocha sweetener mmmmmmmmmm awesome dessert!!
  • I did make them with pumpkin! I didn't have enough applesauce so I tried pumpkin...must have read your mind.

I liked them very much!

Rhonda
  • ooohh now I HAVE to try them with pumpkin! did you have any problems with them sticking?