Yay I exercised today - November 2006

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • 30 minutes of yoga today
  • Ok. I did it. I signed up at the local fitness club. I got them to come $50 on the sign up fee so I'm ok with it. So to catch up.

Mon - 30 min walk/jog. Been trying to kind of follow the c25k thing but my shins hurt when I jog so it's mostly walking. I'm going to stick with it though.
    Tue - 20 min swimming. Boy I haven't swum in a while. I was just doing breaststroke and I was out of breath.
  • Nice Spideranne! So glad you found a gym you liked with a pool! I can't remember... do you have an exercise/activity goal right now like so many minutes, etc.?

• My only exercise goal currently is to exercise at least 4 times a week. I've never had a minutes goal before. In the past I usually abandon exercising and try to control weight with diet alone. I just never really liked what I was doing. I still don't particullarly like exercise, but I'm trying to shift my thinking into more of a fitness thing then a weight control thing. I hope that after I spend some time at the gym for the next few weeks I can maybe get a baseline of where I stand (they have a free fitness assessment) and then create some goals along those lines.
  • Ok Tuesday: 15 min brisk walk with dog = 15 mins
    Wednesday: 15 min brisk walk with dog, 50 min spin class = 65 mins
    Thursday: 15 min brisk walk with dog, 30 min brisk walk with dog = 45 mins
  • Ok. Haven't checked in for a while. Lets see...

Wed: 30 min walk on treadmill
    Thurs: 20 min swim
    Fri and Sat - Nothing official. Spent Fri night walking around a motorcycle show with hubby and Sat was yard work.
    Sun: 20 min swim
    Mon: 25 min walk. I cut out 5 minutes and I shouldn't have.
    Tue: 20 min swim. I upped my laps to 22, which is the swimming goal for this week.
  • Oh its been a tough week... my sister and family arrived from Denver for the week and thus I have been down at my parent's house trying to fend off garbage food and sneak in some activity...

Fri: 0
    Sat: 15 min walk with dog
    Sun: 0
    Mon: 30 min walk with dog
    Tue: 15 min walk with dog
    Wed: 30 min walk with dog
  • Back from SoCal where I did tons of walking!

I was basically on my feet all day for 8 hours then when walking to restaurants and shopping during the evening.

I've got to get back to a routine next week.
  • I walked 40 minutes yesterday and today.
  • Well the end of the week didn't go so well for me. I was off work and had all the time in the world, just didn't do much.

Wed: 0
    Thurs: 30 min walk with husband
    Sat: 0
    Sun: 22 laps swimming, and 20 min dog walk.

Looking forward to getting back on track for the week.
  • Yeah I really sucked on the exercise front:

Thurs: 0
    Sat: 0 (although I did go shopping and walked for about 3 hours)
    Sun: 15 min dog walk
  • walked 45 minutes today.
  • Monday: 30 minute walk at lunch
    Tuesday: 30 minute walk at lunch
    Wednesday: 30 minute walk at lunch
  • Mon. - 22 laps swimming
    Tue. - 30 min walking
  • Well... I DID IT! I met my goal of intentionally exercising 900 minutes during the month of November! So proud and with a day to spare. This week so far:

Mon: 15 min brisk walk with dog, 50 min spin class = 65 mins
    Tues: 0
    Wed: 15 min brisk walk with dog, 50 min spin class = 65 mins