Remember Remember, it's actually NOVEMBER chat...

You're on Page 24 of 35
Go to
  • @ peacock2
  • Glad you enjoyed the concert - I'd love to have seen him
  • Glad to hear you are all well

I've no loss to report on the Christmas challenge and I am still not feeling that good. All hormonal I think.

My Christmas shopping is coming along nicely though. I have so many birthdays though around this time including youngest son who will be 13 on December 2nd.

I am not sure about psychics I always think I will see my brother again in another life. I cannot type anything else about it or I will cry. I am just such a soppy sod. Hope your ok Sarah.

Its my day off today I've done some housework and pottered about. Managed to get to the gym last night though. I do voluntary work in a local psychriatric unit on Thursday nights but we aren't going as the patients have been very unsettled apparently this past couple of days. Yesterday's volunteers weren't even allowed in it was that bad. Hope they will all be ok.

Right I must go and do some more stuff before my boys come home.

Sorry I sound a right miserable old thing.

Michele
  • Wow I've had the weirdest day. My neighbour has Alzheimers and she's been knocking on my door saying that 5 or 6 women have gone missing, that they're trapped upstairs and are banging on the floor for help (people were moving out upstairs). Her daughter is one of the missing women (who is actually at work). When I thought I had convinced her that no-one was missing, I went back to my flat. Half an hour later she appeared again with a Co-op carrier bag saying that she's had news and that if I call the number on the bag they'll start a search party for her daughter. I told her that her daughter was on her way home and she went mental and said that if her daughter didn't show up in half an hour she'd be reporting me to the police for not doing my duty. I sooo don't need this, got an exam in a week and a half and this has taken up half my day. Plus her daughter really doesn't seem to realise that the lady needs residential care, so this is just gona go on and on. Aarrgghhh!!!
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Chris I made a point of telling him what I liked. I won't be going out early tomorrow,will do some shopping at some point.

George Michael love him,especially his earlier stuff.

Sarah have you read any James Van Praaghs' books? He talks a lot about smells,scents and lights.

Well I'm off have to stuff a turkey. For those of you celebrating enjoy the day.
  • Quote: Oooh ghosties!!
    No - not a ghost. We bought the house from an elderly couple who had owned it from new - they are now in a local residential home and pop round for a cuppa occasionally. They are the only 80+ year olds that I know are proud to boast that they still get up to Before that the land was just part of the Moor.

Oh - Wanna - how sad about your neighbour. She must be SO distressed. Just keep on phoning her daughter every time she acts strangely and tell her that her mother is not your problem and that you aren't prepared to accept any kind of responsibility if she hurts herself. If necessary get in touch with the Social Services and tell them what is happening and they will put pressure on the daughter to make adequate arrangements for the old lady's safety.

Michele - yes, I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon. I was still a bit shaken this morning. I hope you feel a bit better soon - it seems to be going on a bit long for normal TOM - perhaps you need to visit your doctor?????

Yayyyy DH just phoned to say that he's actually been given the weekend before Christmas off!! He put in for the days between Christmas and New Year as far back as last March but he just got told that he can't have them - which, TBH, wasn't a surprised. The suprise is being told he can have the 23rd and 24th off!!!
  • CG - I'll go and ask my neighbour across the road - she's in to this kind of thing in a big way so she's probably got one of his books.
  • Gah, I've just discovered it was the Las Palmas half marathon the day I flew back from GC. I hope they run it next year, I might just time my visit to take it in...

(the worrying thing is that I was looking for it...)

The roast veggie lasagne turned out nice in the end, I'll make it again.

I've had a nice quiet night in for a change, time for an early night with a book I think.
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating. Our turkey has been eaten and mighty nice it was too

It's horrible out, it has been pouring the last few hours and windy, so I didn't get to do an after dinner walk with pen and Lew as planned, it's just too nasty out. We'll make up for it tomorrow.

WBIAB.... that poor woman, like asarah suggested, I would keep calling the daughter... and only for a little while, get Social Services involved, it's such a horrible disease, I have a friend who is suffering with it at the moment...and they need as much help as they can get.

Thanks for posting the recipe Helen, looks good, will give that a go.

Right, got a pie in the oven for a bit later and need to go and put some bits and bobs away.

Up early in the morning for some madness shopping...
  • I'm sat here slightly on the tipsy side It's my birthday tomorrow (38) and hubby did a bit of a birthday tea for me with the kids and my mum, sister, nephew and my dad all came up. Part of my pressie of my daughter is a bottle of Amaretto which has gone down, down and down as the night has passed by. I'm so glad it's not weigh in day tomorrow
  • Enjoy Katie... Happy Birthday for tomorrow, you yound thing you.
  • Had a completely rubbish week. Monday I went to Manchester to see Evanescence live on Tuesday... my "friend" (Skinny beyatch) spent the entire day picking on me, from the second I stepped off the coach at hers in Stoke... when I got in her car she did the old, "god, you can tell you're in it, my car don't wanna move" etcetc.... then when we got to Manchester and into the hotel room she said, looking at the Kingsize bed... I assume you'll want that one, you won't fit on the single... every opportunity to put me down she did. I just felt so utterly useless... and to top it all off the concert was cancelled! And it cost me £150 to get home, cause my "friends" satnav went wrong and got us lost, that and we didn't actually leave Manchester until after 12 (cause she wanted to look round the city) and it takes well over an hour to get to Stoke... and my coach was at 1320!... so I missed my coach. To avoid having to stay at hers I had to buy a single train ticket... I had just bought a single coach ticket at near £50 cause it was too late to change original booking. If I'd known i'd have this trouble, I'd have stayed in the hotel that night and paid the £60 for the room!! Grrr.
    I have hardly eaten either, I stood in the queue in a shop with some pumpkin seeds and a bag of quavers, first food all day (this was about 8 at night) and she got nasty cause I was having quavers... in my syn allowance though!! I said to her, "I'll drop several dress sizes yet", she looked at me and shouted, " I DOUBT that"... evil evil cow.

So I have been utterly depressed since I got home and yesterday I ate a load of rubbish because she made me feel like giving up.
    I am finding it hard now, i'm not losing and when I do, I put it back on.

But on a good note, I put on a size 24 pair of jeans I bought last week, on today and they're too big at the top of the waste!!

A small general rant... why isn't there 2 belt loops by the button on jeans? When I use a belt the front of the trousers always fall down and my belt rides up my belly! Grr!!
  • Homersmummy what a mean person your "friend" is. Did you not say anything to her about it? Look at your numbers you've done amazing up to now. Don't let her get to you, get right back on the program and don't give up because of her. Maybe she feels threatened by your weight loss so far.

Believe in yourself
  • Yes, please note the "'s... the reason she carried on I think is because I didn't say anything. I can't stand up for myself much, I think that's why she picked on me.
    Yeah, she's probably threatened that I will be thin and pretty (Hopefully!) and she's no oil painting!

My mum and sister want to phone her up and get her to apologise, but the hurt is done now, so.
    She laughed at the end of every put down, as if that would make it ok!
  • HM that oil painting comment made me laugh, I may be tempted to write her off as a friend, she sounds very nasty.

Chris isn't this weather ridiculous...I got in a nice walk really early this morning and now its just awful.

OK Thanksgiving, ridiculous amounts of food consumed. I do love it though it's the only holiday that my entire family gets together for, but I jumped on the scale tonight WHY WHY WHY and it was completely scary. I know I can work it off the next couple of days but I am beyond bloated at the moment.

Funny story, my nephews wanted to play Monopoly so my brothers girlfriend got it out for us and it was the English version.....we used pounds, and bought all of the English properties, it was fun. I have no idea why she has the English version but the kids now think they are very cultured, they started excusing themselves to use the "loo" instead of the bathroom