Fitness NSV

• Last year and this year, we went to a Halloween event with some members of my dad's side of the family (my cousin puts on this INCREDIBLE haunted house, and after getting the wits scared out of us we go to a fondue place for dinner with the family). We parked in the same parking lot both last year and this year.

Was thinking about this today. Last year, when walking back up the hill to the car, I remember thinking the hill was SO STEEP and SO BIG and being totally out of breath when I got to the top...we're talking calves burning, lungs burning, and totally panting. That, and I was so damned full from overstuffing myself on the (admittedly delicious) food that I was near bursting.

This time, the hill was so small, and I barely even noticed I was walking up it...I was talking the whole time to my cousin's fiance and didn't even notice I was walking up a hill. And I -certainly- was not panting at the top!

Guess the cardio 6 days a week has been paying off!
  • Wow! That's remarkable. What an incredible feeling that must be. Your hard work truly has paid off. Good for you!
  • Congratulations - the cardio is definitely paying off!
  • That's great...it does surprise us sometimes,when we recall an earlier experience that we had trouble with...
  • wicked!! what a fabulous feeling...when all that hard work makes a difference in your day to day life!!
  • Congrats! That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing!