SB Friendly Halloween Menu - Suggestions?

• Hello all! DH and I are hosting our first Halloween party this year! We want it to be spooky and fun, and I want it to be SB-friendly. Here's my menu so far:

Hairball salad w/ drool dressing (micro-greens and mashed avacados shaped into balls and a pesto vinaigrette)

Fingers (veggies chopped to look like fingers) dipped in hummus (anyone have an idea how to make this scary? )

Eyeballs (deviled eggs with a slice of black olive on top)

Roadkill kebabs w/ blood dipping sauce (SB bbq sauce w/ extra red food coloring put in)

We're also having chips and dip, but I'm providing baked pita triangles for healthier dipping!

We aren't planning on dessert as us girls will be having vampire's brew (red wine) and the guys will be having -- beer. (It's hard to get creative with that!)

Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like a small spread and I want everyone to be satisfied! Thanks for the help!!

~Kim
  • Well, if you wanted to have a dessert that wouldn't be bad, you could make some sugar-free jello and use a mold in a scary shape. We used to have a mold in the shape of a brain. You could probably find Halloween molds at Target or somewhere like that.
  • Put some red food coloring in the hummus - call it coagulated blood. Then you'll be eating bloody fingers.
  • Or green food coloring and call it mold!