Cereal. . .!!!!!!!! (and the best foods ever. ..)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I LOVE Kashi Golean Crunch, but I think the soy in it screwed up my cycle.

I just stopped eating it last week. I was eating it every day and some days twice a day, (added it to by yogurt at night!) and then I was also eating Boca burgers and I must be really sensitive to soy cause my period went wacko.
    Spotting off and on when it wasn't TOM and when it was TOM it was very light and here then gone then here then gone. Weird.
    Now that I've been off soy I have noticed that my PMS has come back. Moody, crampy, depressed. It's funny because I just realized that for the past two months my normally wicked PMS has been so much better.

Is all this in my head or can I be that sensitive??
    Anyone ever have this prob with soy????
  • This thread made me think about hot grape nuts. When I was a kid, I used to have hot cereal most mornings. I eat cream of wheat every day now, but the thought of hot grape nuts put warm, fuzzy thoughts in my mind!
  • Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread, I am gonna try the Kashi Go Lean cereal.

My breakfast has been consisting of Quaker Essentials Corn Bran Cereal about 1 cup w/ 1/2 cup skim milk. It has good nutritional value, including fiber and low in calories and VERY filling. And it tastes good

Or I have a 3 egg-white omlette, with 1/2 cup oatmeal.
  • My favourite is All-Bran. I also like the All-Bran flakes, and puffed wheat (the big bag of plain store-brand stuff) - I have a serious volume thing when I eat, and puffed wheat is only 50 calories / cup. A cup of that mixed with a tablespoon of psyllium & 1/2 cup of light yogurt is a good breakfast or snack - plus I sometimes much on the puffs when I am having the munchies but know I am not REALLY hungry.
  • I tried Fiber One Honey Clusters today and I was surprised how sweet they tasted.
    I mixed it 50/50 with Newman's Own Cranberry Macadamia (macadamia's removed) and it was pretty good. A little on the sweet side, but that's ok, I think. The cranberries in the other cereal are sweet/sour so it kind of evens out.
    Filled me up and stayed pretty crunchy in the milk. (I use .25 c of whole milk watered down with .25 c water.)
  • Great breakfast!
    1/3 cup kashi go lean over light n lively yogurt makes a great quick breakfast.
    9 grams of protein and jst a little over 100 calories. Tastes great too!
  • I love oatmeal cereal
    but cannot remember the name (sigh)
  • I love Kashi Good Friends and Go Lean, both! With some added Splenda and banana - it is even better!

I like the bars, but they are too expensive.
    Does anyone have any recipes with Kashi GoodFriends or GoLean to make their own snack bars? I have checked their website before, which does have recipes, but now one for this (guess they want people to buy the bars!)
  • Okay - I don't know if this fits here, BUT

I just nuked a banana in the microwave for 45 seconds and put a tablespoon of FF cool whip on top. MMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGOOOOOOOOOD

Reminds me of bananas foster.