Monday Planning

• Monday is just coming to a close for me. A little over my allocation for the day, but it could be worse.

B - Coffee
    S - Yogurt, Green tea
    L - WW Chicken Lasagna
    S - 1/2 protein bar, 12 rice crackers w/cheese
    D - Kangaroo steak w/grilled corn
    S - Fresh mango

Exercise - Nil
  • B: Low Calorie Zucchini Muffin
    L: I’m going to stop by a deli and pick up soup because my throat hurts
    D: Lemon Garlic Chicken, salad
    S: Apple with some splenda and cinnamon

Water: I’m going to try and get a full 3 liters in I had some trouble with it last week.
    WO: 40 walking outside
  • Quote: B: Low Calorie Zucchini Muffin
    Do you make these muffins yourself or buy them somewhere? Assuming it doesn't taste like cardboard, it sounds good!

I always post in the general Support section under the daily planning threads, but the more place I post, the more accountability, right? Plus, the more other menus I read, the more ideas I get!

Monday's plan:
    • 5 breakfast turkey sausage links
    • 2 cups spaghetti squash with 1 cup tomato sauce (no salt added, Italian turkey sausage and creamed spinach added)
    • Health Choice sesame chicken meal
    • yogurt
    • boneless, skinless chicken breast baked with frozen chopped broccoli and honey dijon marinade
    Total of less than 1100 calories, but I'll likely add sugar-free, fat-free pudding or a fruit smoothie after dinner, plus I think we're having cake at work today for my boss' birthday, so even with a small piece of that, I will be below my goal max. of 1800 calories. I also have over 100g of protein for the day (which is another goal of mine). I'm hopefully finally going to try my new Walk Away the Pounds DVD after work, and will drink at least 3 liters of water today.
  • B: ff milk, whole wheat tortillas with SmartBalance butter
    S: strawberries and almonds
    L: chicken breast, sweet potato, and broccoli
    S: apple and yogurt
    D: vegetable soup and some kind of protein

Goal today: Head to the gym after work for a great workout!
  • Quote:
    Do you make these muffins yourself or buy them somewhere? Assuming it doesn't taste like cardboard, it sounds good!
    They are as good as full fat zucchini bread but they aren’t bad. This was my first time making them and I think I added a little too much cinnamon so watch out. Also I left out the lemon peel because I didn’t have any lemons.

Zucchini Muffins
    1 1/2 c unbleached flour
    ½ C splenda for baking
    2 tsps cinnamon
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1 c zucchini -- unpeeled and grated
    1/4 c light sour cream
    1 egg white -- whipped
    1/2 tsp lemon peel -- grated
    Preheat oven at 350. Prepare pan a 8 x 4x 2" loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and baking powder. In another bowl, combine zucchini, sour cream, egg white, and lemon peel. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake 60 minutes.

This is the nutrition information for the entire receipe so just divide it by how many muffins you make.

Calories 847
    Fat 9
    Sat 5
    Pol 1
    Mono 2
    Carbs 165
    Fiber 14
    Protein 27

Lunch today ended up being a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a piece of sour dough bread.
  • M#1: Brown rice and zucchini
    M#2: 1 package of frozen broccoli, low fat caramel yogurt
    M#3: Brown rice and zuchini, tangerine
    m#4: Apple, tangerine

GYM: 8pm Kickboxing class