Nsv!!!

• im very pale self has bothered me for ages. but i never felt comfortable going tanning and you could never get me to lay out in front of anyone.

today i went in my swim suit to the pool and laid out on the lawn chair for 30 minutes. a swim suit! in public! and not hidden by the water!!!!!

when i stood up to walk away i could feel my thighs flab around but, hey, i cant win it all in one day, right???
  • Good for you! Do you tan easily? Just be careful not to burn....ouch!
  • Thats great! I think that a bathing suit is the hardest thing to get over and accomplish!!
    Congrats
  • Way to go! Keep up the great work and your confidence will grow as the rest of you shrinks!!
  • I''m very happy for your boost in confidence. However, I have seen to many young people with skin cancer these days, and they all wish they would have changed their behavior. How about sunless tanning techniques? Your risk for skin cancer is already higher if you are a naturally pale person...facial disfigurement from skin cancer surgery or death in a few years is not worth a little color.
  • Congratulations on feeling comfortable in the swim suit. This is a biggie. WTG.
  • Congrats on the wonderful self esteem!

For some reason, I've never been ashamed of my fat-ness in a bathing suit. I guess I figure that peopele can tell I'm fat anyway, so what good is hiding it under a t-shirt gonna do? lol

Now, when I was in about the 5th grade, I didn't want to go anywhere in a bathing suit, because I hated my boobs (still do!) But, if I get skinny and my boobs are still big (which, I'm sure they will be to a certain extent. ) I have a feeling I won't be ashamed of them anymore...but probably still ticked off by them. lol

• That is awesome that you were comfortable in a swimming suit in public. I took the plunge and bought a swimsuit this last summer, I haven't owned one in years and years. It wasn't that I was losing weight cause I am still so fat, but I just decided I needed to stop feeling so self concious and just do it. I can't say it's been easy but I've worn it in a public pool at least 3 times now and really enjoyed myself!!
  • Hi Kate,

I'm so glad you're feeling better these days. What a big accomplishment on the road to a better life!

A bathing suit in public...WOW
  • Congrats on the bathing suit confidence. That is an excellent achievement! Just think how much better it gets from here!
  • Wow, I am impressed by your courage! I could never do that...even when I was thin I hated wearing bathing suits.

And while you thought your thighs were flabby, I'm sure some of the fellas were checking you out. You're a beautiful girl.
  • Great!!!! Like so many here, I've never felt comfy in a suit, but then I don't remember ever looking good in one...hehe. I don't think I could wear one at goal, just because...well, I've never been able to...lol.

Go for it! I'm sure someone was looking at you thinking 'I wish I looked that good in a bathing suit' or wishing they had that sort of confidence!!

Kim