THe biggest loser final chat thread

You're on Page 2 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: My Urban Rebounder came in the mail today, so I jumped during the commericals (All but 2 1/2 of them) Just to get a feel for it. Was a good show tonight but I felt so sad for those who had to go home and didn't get to stay and workout.

-muse (who still was 1lb heavier then the heaviest girl! ugh!)
    Muse: How did you like the Urban Rebounder? I'm thinking of getting one!
  • Good Morning!! Last nights show was great!! I feel so motivated and ready to be a part of this challenge. Besides with....today is a fabulous fall day. Nice and cool and windy!!! Love those days.

Scalewatcher.....I agree the walking off the pounds video's are really good but you could also buy some dumbells and an elastic pullcord and work on lots of muscle groups by using those weights. A iso ball is also great, ....(large ball to balance on) great for core muscles and balance. And the best part is that none of these things would hurt/aggravate your knees. The more muscle development the higher your metabolism, and then more calorie burn. (or so they say.... ) Good luck.
  • hi guys!
    how s everyone doin? i got your pm megan, ty
  • Hey everyone!

Jen415: I have a rebounder and I really like it, though I don't use it as much as I should. I don't have any videos, but I like to just jog or bounce on it. You can really work up a sweat!

What exercise programs are all of you doing? I am working on the Couch to 5K program right now. I do some strength training on my off days and try to add in some more cardio too. Sometimes I also add pilates. I am trying for 45-60 minutes of exercise a day (which is a lot for me!) 5 times a week for this challenge. What about the rest of you?

GO BLUE TEAM!!!
  • i am SO excited to be on this challenge it's weird but i really feel like i am part of the biggest loser and NEED to succeed!!
  • I like being part of a team. I feel I have to eat right and exercise or I am not being fair to the team. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich for lunch instead of the hamburger and french fries that I really wanted! Go blue!!!
  • Quote:
    I like being part of a team. I feel I have to eat right and exercise or I am not being fair to the team. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich for lunch instead of the hamburger and french fries that I really wanted! Go blue!!!
    Well said: I feel the same way. I love it I had no problem getting up and exercising... Come on red team
  • I think the there was more to the story then they showed us with the one who got kicked off. Everyone seemed so aginst her like some things had went down, because what they showed us we didn't really see "drama queen". I dislike the who voting off aspect of the show anyway. I understand that's part of a reality show but it's just ashame seeing people trying to change their lives thrown off early. Of course they can do it on their own though, we are!

Jen415 - So far I like the rebounder! I wasn't expecting to be able to go at it too long after reading the reviews, but I did a 15 min intro video last night and I was fine. Maybe it's because I've been working out for the past 4 months my conditioning is fairly okay. Today I feel it in my obliques! I like the quality of the Urban Rebounder it's so much better then the one I had years back from Sears. I'll let you know what I think about it in a few weeks, but it seems nice so far.

I plan on mostly using it for modifying high-impact moves on my DVDs, but I am going to try a few dedicated videos out with it too. I don't watch much TV anymore since we moved and didn't install cable here, but I also plan on jumping while I watch things once in a blue moon (like Biggest Loser!)

All in all it's a nice toy!
  • I like toys!! I've been eyeing that one for a bit, and wondered if it was worth me plunking down my hard earned cash for....

Thanks Muse!
  • Hey ladies,

The show was a great motivator last night! I'm excited and rearing to go. I really don't do any videos although I do have the Biggest Loser workout on DVD which is great but usually a last resort. I belong to a gym and try to go to the gym three times a week while my son is at soccer practice. I do cardio there as well as strength training. On my "off gym days" I usually try to get at least a 30 minute walk or bike ride in, and I do crunches and push ups everyday. (That is a challenge on another support group I am a part of.)

Being part of a team helps to keep me accountable. I don't want to let my team down so it makes me aware and forces me to push myself.
  • hey all!
    just dropped in to thank everyone for their patience and understanding! good news!! the insanity should now be OVER bc theres only 1 stat thread for each side and this is the only chat thread. is everyone ok now?
  • Hi guys!!!! I just got back into town this morning so I haven't even watched the season premier yet. I can't wait to get home and watch it!!!

It's time to dust off my BL workout dvd. I want to be a loser too!!!
  • Hi- I loved watching the biggest loser last night eating my carrots
    This morning I jumped on the eliptical and pushed myself from watching all those push themselves last night!! It feels nice to try and do good for the blue team!!!
  • OK so is this the thread for T V show & your 3FC contest?
  • I agree with terapet and loosing4nanother that it will keep us accoutnable by being on a team. Go Blue team