THe biggest loser final chat thread

You're on Page 12 of 21
Go to
  • Hey girls....my salmon is super easy. To feed my family of 4.....I buy a long piece of salmon about 12-14" long (1.5 lbs) Place in between two pieces of foil that you will roll and fold all the edges to make a foil pouch. Sprinkle lots of lemon pepper, Mrs Dash and Old Bay fish seasonings and add slices of lemon to the top of it. Bake in oven 400F for 45-60 minutes. (depends on thickness of filet) It is soooo juicy and there is never any leftovers!!! at least at my house
  • i love salmon, i make it on the bbq, first i sprinkle with salt and pepper, then i pat a layer of brown sugar on top - a nice thick layer to where you cannot see fish through the sugar, then i sprinkle the whole thing with cayene pepper, then put it on the bbq with a layer of foil under it just to keep the grill clean, on med for i don't know about 40 min or so... untill it is firm to my touch and the topping is melted and crisp! it is SO delicious every one in my life LOVES it!!! and actually i always like MY salmon WAY better than restaurant salmon, another way i cook it is in a foil pouch covered in salt and pepper, lemmon juice and light margerine, then on the grill for the same heat and time as the other, all this talk of salmon, is making want to go get some for din din tonight!
  • mmmm...salmon. I discovered this recipe and now make it this way most of the time since my kids like it (and don't love lemon...)
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1 tsp salt

mix together and rub into the meat. Best if sits at least 30 minutes, but if you're pressed for time it's still deeeelicious! I usually grill, but it would work baked or broiled as well.
  • All those ways to cook salmon sound really good. I'll have to try some.
  • WOW! Thanks for the recipes! I'm totally gonna try all of'em to see which way I like the best, lol!

You chicks Rawk!
  • well just wanted to let everyone know that i did good with the food part again, i was out of points by dinner so i just ate 0 point veggies, yey go me!
  • Yay skroq!!!!

BAck to Day 1 for me. This weekend was so-so with food. but no excercise!!! I have to jump back into it. I plan to today. Really, guys. Today is going to be the day I start excercising.

Hope everyone had a gret weekend and worked their butts off for Wednesday!!!!
  • Morning!!!

Well my weekend was FAB-U-LOUS!!! Yesterday was my 18th wedding anniversary and although the food was to die for....I was successful in limiting my portions to enjoy and 'taste' the food but not an all out free for all. For breakfast I made, whole wheat blueberry pancakes. I make them on our anniversary because we had them on our honeymoon.....blueberries bursting in every bite!!! Lunch was deep fried brie (to which I shared a smaller portion and gave half to ds) and then dinner was a specialty of mine.....rack of lamb. Again smaller portions than normal and fresh green beans. Dessert, well.....okay, a little crazy.....fried banana's with a sugar sauce and a small scoop of icecream. Anyone watch the "take home chef"? , he did a similar banana dessert a few weeks ago.
    We had a great day!!! and now its off to the gym to do a little damage control!!!
  • Hello everyone! Both teams are doing so well! I had a pretty good weekend, even exercised everyday! This challenge is really helping me keep up with a good exercise routine! We took dd to the zoo on Saturday, it was lots of fun, and I got a lot of walking in

Hope everyone has a great day!

GO BLUE TEAM!
  • Good morning on monday! did everyone have a good weekend? well if you kept up with my posts you know i had a great food weekend, but still have not started an excercise routine, i will hopefully start that by week 3 or 4, i just really want to feel solid in the food part before i throw anything else into the works!

charity, great job on excercising everyday! i wish we had a zoo near by i love animals, glad that you had a good weekend!!

angel eyes, happy anniversary wow 18 years that's so exciting (i have been married for 6 ) sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! and good for you getting to the gym this morning!

rosario, YOU CAN DO IT!

well everyone i hope this week treats you well and we all have a BIG loss!!!

i will let you know how i did later this evening, talk to you later
  • monday i did not do half bad! i stuck with my eating plan i am currently eating a two point dinner since that is all i had left for the day, but it is a huge veggie salad so not bad for 2 points!
  • I did not really want to post because I have to admit I wasn't very good about the food this weekend. The Confirmation ceremony was wonderful. We have a new archbishop here and he is so charming. He asked the kids all kinds of questions and everyone was laughing and having a great time. I don't remember ever having so much fun at a mass! It was also wonderful having the whole family together again. With my oldest an adult now, the times when we are all together are getting further apart. That's the way it's suppose to be, but sometimes I miss the old days when the kids were little. Anyway, I don't think my weigh in is going to be so great this week but I am going to try to be better from now on. On the plus side I did go to Pilates on Sunday and tomorrow is weight training. I'll try to do better eating!!
  • terapet, good for you for staying acountable that can be the hardest thing at times.
  • Thanks for the encouraging words.
  • blah!! I screwed up yesterday really bad. but that's okay I just have to start over and do better today. I am gonna stick it today!!!! (of course because tomorrow is wi day )

angel-eyes-WTG on beign good this weekend. Congrats on your 18 years!!!

charitykb-awesome on gettingin excercise on the weekend. the weekend is the hardest for me becuase I just want to stay in bed all day. glad you got yours in.

skroq-good job on staying within your points. hope that 2-point salad was yum

terapet-it's okay if you were less than perfect (look at me...I am on Day 1 of Fat Smash for the 10thtime already...lol) but come and post just to be accountable for your slip-ups. I know it helps me lots. hang in there and soon all you'll be posting are success posts.

have a great day gals....1 more day to weigh in!!