Walktober Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • I originally posted this in the Exercise forum, but someone pointed out that it might be better off here....

This was a great idea that is going on at my offices. The idea is to set a goal for minutes walked and then try to reach that goal in October.

The Happy Walktober
    A goal of 300 minutes is about 10 minutes daily.

The Healthy Walktober
    A goal of 600 minutes is about 20 minutes daily.

The Heroic Walktober
    A goal of 900 minutes is about 30 minutes daily.

The Herculean Walktober
    A goal of 1800 minutes is about 60 minutes daily.

As a beginner, I am aiming for the Healthy Walktober, but I would love to surpass my own expectations and have as many of you along for the ride as possible. Accountibility is key for me and tracking out daily minutes here would keep us on track. Walking, jogging, running, treadmill, whatever...

Let's just get those legs moving!!!
  • I'm in, challenges are just about the only thing that keeps me going motivation wise, it sparks my competitive spirit. I think I'll aim for the Heroic Walktober and 900 minutes in October....
  • Sounds great to me! I will try for 600 minutes. Are we starting Oct 1st?

dustcatcher
  • Count me in for the Heroic Walktober!
  • I would like to give it a try.....count me in
  • Okay I'm in! I am going to say a Healthy Walktober, but maybe I'll make it to a Herioc Walktober.
  • Yay!!
    I am loving this!! How exciting!!

So, we will get started on October 1, which is a Sunday, but it's certainly as good as any other day to get started. Plus with the current seasonal changes, is should be a lovely time to get outdoors!!

I will firgure out a fun way to report and post everyone's results and let you know soon!!

I am so glad that you are going to join me! This will be great!!!

Anyone else out there interested?
  • I'm going to say HAPPY WALKER but aiming for HEALTHY
  • I am excited about this challenge too. Hopefully it will keep me on my toes...or should i say, feet. ha ha.

Kellie, you might want to sort of post about which thread you want this to be in, either "chicks up for a challenge" or the exercise thread. Just a thought. But it is cool that you opened it up in two threads, that way twice as many people see it and can join.

Looking forward to making me a ticker for this challenge.
  • Count me in. I'm going to shoot for the Heroic Walker.
  • I'm in for the heroic walktober .
  • i think i can manage the Heroic Walktober...

i KNOW i can manage the Healthy one, but i like to think big.
  • I'll join: heroic walker.
  • day 1 63min
  • i'm in! i'll take The Happy Walktober for 200 thanks

has anyone else joined 10000 steps? http://10000steps.org.au/ it's awesome, check it out