300+ And Ready To Try Again....#1009

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
    Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
    Thankful Thursday
    FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
    Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
    we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
  • I hope this worked this is the first time i started one for the group
  • it worked pefectly! i am in awe of you losing 107 pounds !
  • Toofatforu- Thanks .. It has been one long year to shed that weight and for some reason the weight is now just starting to come off at a steady pace. However, you have lost almost 40 pounds and that is great! Just think when you reach your 100 pound loss target you will be 236!
  • Hi chickadees. Well, I am behind another week's worth of threads. I have been sick all week and really haven't felt like getting online. I kept going to work, but that is about all I could muster. I am finally feeling better though.

Having only skimmed the threads I missed, I am sure I missed some important things happening but I did catch a few.

Nelie - WHOOP WHOOP!!!! Way to go breaking that 100 pound mark!

Kenya - I noticed you have over 100 gone now too and are more than halfway to your goal. I'm sorry if I missed it when it happened, but here's a big CONGRATS to you now!

Amy (VioletSwerve) - Glad to see you've made it back to our boards. I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you being here back when I first started posting on the 300+ thread.

Ammi - That's terrible your mother has been threatened with eviction. I can't imagine the stress you are under right now. Hopefully things will not get to that point and your brother will do as he says and move out.

Nancy - As a fellow accountant, I understand how the job can stress you out at times. I actually attribute a large part of my 100+ pound weight gain to a 9 month project I did last year where we were implementing a new accounting system (SAP) I think it's great you are doing some thinking ahead so that you will be prepared for any future change you decide to make.

Nothing much exciting to report. I gained a pound at my weighin this morning. I was discouraged but I know that I really wasn't eating on plan last weekend in KC and then I spent all week drinking lots of juice and eating lots of soup and just generally not moving very much. All that sodium in the canned soup was probably enough to do me in all on its own. Tomorrow I want to get back to moving again. I plan to either walk on the treadmill at the Y or do a DVD at home. Either way, I plan to break out my pedometer again and start tracking my steps. I know when I used to wear it, it did motivate me to do little things like park farther away, etc, just to bump up my step count. Any little bit is bound to help, right? Take care everyone!
  • Hello chickies!
    This has been a terrible day for me. Within 48 hours, both my car and truck have completely broken down. We have no way to get any where and no money to fix them even if we knew what was wrong. We just replaced the battery and had some other things repaired that we thought were the problem with the car. That was a week ago and it ran fine. Well, so to speak. It ran. We'll leave it there. Then Thursday night, my husband tried to leave work and it wouldn't start at all. And then the truck today just quit. We tried numerous things and replaced a starter solinoid, but it didn't solve the problem. We live about 20 miles (in opposite directions) from each of our jobs. Luckily, he has a way to work with a friend who lives fairly close and works the same shift, but I got nothin'. ugh.
    But there's nothin I can do about it until Monday, so I just have to let it lie.

There is one bit of good news, though. I weighed myself today and I've lost 4 lbs. this week!!!

That makes 39lbs. so far. So, at least I've got that.

Hope everybody's having a great weekend and good luck to all!
  • Newsnerd- that is great 39 lbs. lost is great

Thank you Xena- I am thinking when I do finally reach my goal that it may be adjusted because I am so short. But that is so far off that I am not going to think much about it now.

I have my first pair of Jeans on today. They are so comfortable. I got them on sale at Sears..but I had to take them to the cleaners to get them altered...they were too long (about 3 inches too long .
  • i cant wait to reach my first 1oo pounds. only 61 more ponds to go!
  • Hi everyone. Day 3 here. Soon I'll stop counting. I promise, LOL.

You know, the e-coli situation makes it hard to have a nice, healthy meal right now.

Here in PA they are still investigating our cases to confirm that it was spinach. There is a possibilty that it was something else. So, I'm avoiding all fresh produce until they figure it out. I'm being overly cautious, but I think I'd rather be safe than sick.

I don't know where this day went! It's after 9 pm. Today flew by. My husband slept through most of it, LOL. He'll get up soon, and I'll go to bed. How romantic is that?
  • newsnerd -- That's awful about your transportation situation--- I hope you get it worked out soon!

kenya -- wowsa, didn't you just GET to the 100 mark, and here you are at 107!! awesome blossom!!!

Kayley! Kayley! Welcome back! Get thyself over to the exercise thread woman!
  • Hey there... you are all quiet this morning! I am just doing my daily check in. Hubby is sick and now I feel like I am getting it again. We have to feel better tomorrow as we have his Dr. appt to talk about the vasectomy. We have to go in ready for a fight and try and convince the Dr. that he has to do it. This being said, we have to have the strength to do some internet leg work and write some stuff down before his appt tomorrow. Augh, his body... why are they such a$$ about it. He is 32 and 5 yrs married. Neither of us want kids and if it turns out we change our mind, well we adopt. I am SO tired of BC pills. 17yrs is WAY tooooo long! How glorious it would be! Augh!

Ally~
    Kayley~ back girl!! Most of us had a slip. But we are all back on board. Drop in more often!!
    Xena~ Glad to hear you are feeling better
    Newsnerd~ Vehicles are a pain aren't they? -4 is AWESOME!

OK, going to get my boiled eggs now for breakfast. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

Brenda
  • Hello All,

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I just haven't been in the right frame of mind. Sometimes I get like that. I sit here, trying to say what I want to various people and it all comes out wrong. So I just give up. I am in a better fettle today though so here I am to try to catch up!!

Annie - it's great to see you posting again and I cannot wait until you can move that ticker DOWN!!

Patti - I am thrilled for you that you lost yet another lb. 297 is fantastic, Now be a good girl like you said and don't get on those scales until Friday. I bet you will be thrilled at the loss you will see

Chrissy - this is a little late coming, but how goes that fire on the mountain near you? I hope it's out now and that it didn't do too much damage!

It's amazing isn't it when you measure yourself and see just how much smaller you have become. When I think how many inches I have lost I am excited, but also gutted too, gutted because I realise just how huge I really was. Funny how you can ignore that fact until you are finally doing something about it. Anyway, that's brilliant news on how many inches you have lost

Kenya - I am with Heather when she said it seems like only the other day you got to 100 lbs lost, and now already you are at 107 that is pretty awesome

5 more days!!!!

Nelie - WOW 100 lbs gone, that snuck up on me!! Congratulations, however belated it is, sorry!! you have done so well!!

That's amazing that you can sleep when you are hungry. I just can't, which is why I am so glad that I haven't found myself in that position since starting this diet in May. I put it down to my late-ish night supper, I sure couldn't go without it.

Katt - it's funny how you said you do Sudoku to get your mind tired before going to sleep. I decided to try reading a book the other night to do the same thing. Did it work, NO, lol. I got so engrossed in it I didn't want to put it down, and then when I finally did I spent ages thinking about it and what the next bit in the story would be like My mum takes a pill called Serepax which in her words 'dulls the brain enough to sleep'. I don't fancy taking pills, but some nights I would be sorely tempted!!

that is brilliant that you are now a resident of Twotown Now you have to keep on going so that you don't go visiting Threeville again, it's not a very nice place

Your photos on the pic page showing how much weight you have lost and how loose your trousers are now are amazing. Just think if you look so great now how much better you will look in another 30 lbs time. Well done

Well done on resisting having a BK the other day, it's amazing what a bit of accountability here does to help keep a girl on track isn't it!! You even resisited more than a couple of spoons of hubby's delicious dessert, talk about will power

Luan - of course, let's hope 'boyo' welsh for your guy gets his act together and starts romancing you WAY before your trip on February

Valerie - how is your eye now, no more need for hot compresses I hope?

OH wow you have already wrapped a Christmas present. I haven't even saved the money to buy wrapping paper yet let alone the presents to go in it Good for you for making such an early start!

Misti - I love your new Avatar photo, I swear you are looking younger and prettier with every picture you post!!

again on the recent lbs lost, the FFM is loving you again now it seems. Let's hope she makes her return journey to me safely

Tammy - I made a joking suggestion about t-shirts for big busted ladies before, but I think we need some suggestions on slogans for those of us that have the food on boobs problem seems we are quite an active group

Well done on the lb lost and the NSV of having your shirt end up too big for you. It's great when clothes get too big, but it gets expensive doesn't it buying new clothes that you know very soon won't fit you either!!

Kimberly - I am glad I made you think more about maintaining your weight loss once you come off the Nutrisystem diet? Have you come to any conclusions yet? For now, to get you started it sounds like the kick start you need. Maybe a bit further down the line you could go over to WW or some other kind of calorie counting diet.

Sharon - now that TOM has finally gone are you doing your Salsasize? What about the exercise bike. If your boys give you some peace you could watch TV while you ride it, great way to do it without getting bored. Mind you I thought I could do my rider the same way, but I can't. I much prefer to put some music on and then ride away along to the beat of whatever song is on!

WOW another 2 lbs down, you are on a roll now sheesh you will do anything won't you to make sure I don't catch up to your weight AND I am glad to hear it, you have to keep in front of me so I can keep on chasing you We can be like the road runner and the coyote just with no bombs and stuff

Jill - how has this weekend gone, did you manage to not go too nuts with your 3 days off plan? You are just 2 lbs from the 270s and I bet the next time you weigh you will see that you have got into them!!!

Lilion - I am not into camping in any shape or form lol, I love my comforts of home, or hotel But that said, you make camping sound so much fun it makes me wonder if I am missing out on something. I hope you have a great time this weekend and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Thinthinker - wow, who'd have thought it, e-coli could be in something like bagged spinach. I wonder if the outbreak could reach this side of the pond. I ofteh buy bagged spinach, maybe I should give it a miss for a while just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

Christine - well done on the lbs lost already water weight or not it's still great. I love your positive attitude to it all and that it has helped you give up smoking in the past and now is helping you to get fit an healthy. You go girl

Missy - have you been blowing your germs along the Internet lines ? I have definitely got the makings of a cold right now I hope this time the stupid thing will take hold, and then go. It's been teasing me for ages now, I get the headache, the sore throat, and feel yuck, decide a cold is on it's way, and the next day I am fine. But this time I am sneezing and a bit sniffly too, so it might actually come to something this time. I hope you are feeling a lot better today

Trix - double kudos to you. Not only did you not emotionally eat when you wanted to, but you went for a hair cut that went wrong and STILL didn't emotionally eat. That is self control!!!! I guess it is a shocker to have lost so much hair to the stylists scissors, are you getting used to it now? I liked somebody's suggestion to go nuts now, and go for a totally new style seeing as it's been cut shorter than you like anyway. You might feel like a totally new person and love it.

Well done on the weight loss, not quite a lb, but like you said, any loss is better than a gain. It's true, so big for you and for such a positive attitude.

Nancy - you sure have a lot going on in your life right now. There's the worry about if you should stay with your BF or not, and now the worry about changing jobs and all it entails. If you can get through all of this without emotional eating then you should be really proud of yourself

That's great that you are still in touch with Maria Lucia and that she is doing well. You can tell her from me that I waited and waited for her to come back here, and kept from using the lime green colour that she couldn't read. But I couldn't hold off any longer I promise if she comes back though that I will refrain once again!!

Amy - hello and back. You have been missed!! It's funny, I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to post here when you aren't dieting. I did it two towards the end of last year. That said, in hindsight I think that is the time we MOST need to keep coming here. We need to be inspired by how everybody else is doing, and have the encouragement to start being OP again. Anyway I am glad you are back. You sound really committed now, and I am sure those lbs will soon be coming off again!!

Vicky - sounds like you have the right idea, doing one thing at a time until you are ready to juggle all three. How are you doing on the dieting, keeping OP I hope

Brenda - that's great that you have lost those 4 lbs already, that's the best part about weight you put on via sodium intake, it doesn't take too long to lose it again.

Sorry to hear hubby is sick and that you think perhaps you are coming down with something again, that is terrible news.

I hope you will both be feeling up to going to the doctors to see about hubby getting the snip. You know if Kayley's Andrew can have it done at such a young age and with them not even being married, surely your hubby will be allowed to have it done. If not, maybe a holiday is in order and you can both make a trip to Andrew's doctor Seriously, I hope the doctor will agree to do the procedure.

Ally - hello and good to have you here. I hope that being amongst all of us, all in the same boat as you are, will help keep you motivated to keep on losing the lbs.

Wryprincess - what a fabulous start to your diet with that brilliant amount of weight loss. I am sure not all of it is water weight, and even if it was, it's still fabulous. You are much stronger than me when it comes to liquid diets, I just couldn't hack it, I love to chew on food and then swallow it Just living on drinks, no way, so you have kudos from me for being able to stick to it.

Kayley - well hello stranger, glad to see you posting and that you haven't given up on the diet!! Your life sounds so full now, and you sound very happy so I am pleased to hear that!!! I hope you can post a bit more regularly, but of course we will all understand if you can't

Endthereign12 - oh boy it must be tough for you having two daughters in the military police and having both of them in Iraq. If you are comfort eating then it's understandable, I know I would be. It doesn't help them, but it sure as heck would help me. Not my weight of course, but me I hope both your daughters will be alright

Xena - sorry that you have been so unwell, and I hope that you are much better now. I am guessing you are considering you have posted again. Don't worry about that lb gained, far better that you ate soup and drunk plenty of juice. Time enough to lose that lb now that you are feeling better

My brother still hasn't moved out, but reckons he is in the process of doing so. He has to have a few formal interviews with the benefits agency people over there before being allowed to claim, and once he has he should be able to apply for help with housing. He should have gone on Friday, and the landlord has been to see mum, so she had to lie and say he had gone. I hate that she is in this situation, but hopefully he WILL leave soon and she can start to get over it all.

Newsnerd - horrid news about the truck and the car, I am really sorry to hear what's happened to them both. BUT fantastic news about the 4 lbs lost I bet that's the kind of news you just needed to have As for the vehicles, I hope you can figure out a way to get at least one of them back on the road again

Well I do believe I have caught up with everybody now. Anybody I missed hope you are all doing well. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
  • Ammi we all have days like that. i am glad to see you are in a better frame of mind today. i will stay off those scales til Friday ! all i can say is i drink a good bit of green tea and i beleive that is helping to lose again.
  • ammi~ there is a difference between american doctors and canadian doctors. Here unless you have 3 kids or are over 35 they can say no. Grr, maddening! Glad you are out of your "funk"

Think I will haul that dog of mine out of the house for a short walk. Dunno if I am heading off to aqua-fit tonight yet or not. We shall see.

Anyone ever get those awful hiccups? Ya know the hard loud ones? Well I have them and Man, they hurt. They are getting worse too... some of them are double ones.. the second starts before the first one is finished... augh!

talk to you soon
    Brenda
  • Hi chickies, I'm doing good today. Had a busy weekend like usual lately. Gotta go out and help DH with the new gate he is installing on the side of our house. Right now there is nothing there to hold our dogpals in. lol So, he is making a lovely gate with 6 foot high wooden pickets that I will need to paint with stain hopefully today so they can dry before it rains. Sorry about that long sentence. lol

4me: Congrats on your -2

Nellie: Wow -100 is so awesome. I truly can't wait for me to be there.

Melissa: Get better soon

Trixie: Sorry about the bad hair cut but, the bright side is within a month it will have grown some again.

Nancy: UGH still boyfriend troubles with money. I feel for you. Luckily my DH grew out of that pretty much. We now have an allowance every month and when his is gone..... well, he better take out a loan from me or our household only with my approval. We have been doing so much better since we set up this system. It works for us. Good luck sweetie.

Amy: You were very missed. Congrats on quitting smoking. What a wonderful thing to do! Come play with us and post more often now. Don't go away again okay!

Kenya: You are doing so well on loosing. I am so happy and proud for you.

Sharon: Yippee on another -2

Patti: Yippee on another -1

Amy: Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you better too.

Wryprincess: -11.9 pounds is awesome no matter what kind of weight it is. Good job.

Kayley: Hi girl. Glad to see you posting again.

Xena: Hugs. you will loose that extra pound real soon sweetie.

Newsnerd: So sorry about your vehicles breaking down. Hugs. I hope the problem is fixed sooner rather than later.

Ammi: You sweetie pie. I hope your frame of mind is better. You are such a doll and an inspiration to us all. Thanks for the good wishes.

Val: How is they eye today?

Well all of you that I missed, please be blessed and have an op day.
    Blessing to you all,
    Dogpal/Annie