Clothing NSV

• I recently purchased a sewing machine and had set aside some pants that are too large that I want to take in so I can wear them again. My boyfriend was moving some of the clothes out of the way and picked up a dress I had set aside and asked, "what are you going to do with this?" I replied that it needed to be taken in and he looked skeptical, so I decided to put on the dress to demonstrate. He was dumbfounded for a minute and replied, "I remember how that used to fit you." The dress used to be so tight that it was a struggle to get the zipper up. Now, I'm swimming in it. My boyfriend knows I've lost a lot of weight, but since he sees me every day, it's easy to forget just how much. Needless to say, I felt pretty good.

As a side note, my weight has been fluctuating a lot lately. I had gotten up to 129 (I won't allow myself to go above 130) and yesterday, I was finally back at 125! So, I guess I have a scale victory too.
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    Sometimes its a good idea to have something old left behind just to remind you of what you don't want to get back to!
    I kept a pair of jeans that remind me what it is that I know I don't want to be again!
  • Quote: I kept a pair of jeans that remind me what it is that I know I don't want to be again!
    I have a pair of size 17 jeans that are currently my "comfort jeans." I wear those when I'm just hanging out around the house because I think baggy clothes are comfortable and I just can't bring myself to throw them out (they're too worn to donate).
  • Yahooo... good for you! Bet you felt GREAT in that baggy dress