#167 Bale of Turtles looking at success!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Hi Turtles,
    Princess, soooooo glad it's working out for you. What I forget, big time, is that sometimes when you don't do anything things just work out. Yay! First of all, congratulations on making your half way point.
    This is wonderful!!!!!! Yes, all your hard work is paying off and good for you!

My birthday is coming up soon, Oct. 3rd., and I always get a bit more sensitive at this time of the year. Go figure. In any case, I baby sat dbaby twice this week. Then our day of fun with dd and dh and aforementioned dbaby was fun, up to a point. Turned out dd needed to do a bit more shopping and in the midst of the chaos she's been living in lately forgot the baby's bottle. He wouldn't drink a Starbucks that she thought he might, so my dh and I drove home where we have extra bottles, etc. while dd continued to shop. Then I volunteered to watch dbaby for a short time while they finished shopping. Soooo dh went back to shop with dd while I watched the baby. Hey, this kid is sooooo active and I was tired and 3 hours later really feeling put upon. I was exhausted when they came back in and really feeling resentful. When dh came to bed around four in the a.m. I was edgy, he knew something was wrong, and I told him just what. He apologized and said it was miscommunication because they thought I was up to watching the baby. Well, I've gotta watch what I volunteer for, shades of Chris, and I also have to be clear with my expectations. I also feel guilty because I suspect they spent time shopping for birthday presents for me. Sooo, guess I need to vent too and protect my time a little better.

Everybody have a good weekend. Princess, so glad it's working out for you and today I'll have some time to myself to gear up again and get my head on the right path. The good thing is that I didn't overeat because of this and that's a very good thing.
    Love,
    Judy
  • Ladies -- sorry I've been gone so long -- I've been running errands every day at lunch, all week, except Monday, when I was at the doctor's...

First of all, to let everyone know, I had a breast ultrasound on Monday. The tech and doctor were concerned, because the mass is large and very definite, but it didn't show up on an ultrasound at all. So they did a mammogram, six -- whatever you call them -- pictures? The doctor examined them all and said that there is no evidence of any cancer, that it may just be a particularly dense section of tissue, and that the mass that we could all feel (me, plus the tech and the doctor) was a sort of ridge, where the tissue went from being dense to less dense. I brought up that I had lost a lot of weight, and it occurred to me that the mass could have been there longer, and I had never noticed it because there had been more fatty tissue in my breast before (they've shrunk as I've lost weight, which is fine with me -- I was a 42 D/DD to start with). The doctor thinks that may be why I never really felt them before. They said that based on my age and the ultrasound and the mammogram, it's very likely that there's nothing to worry about. They also said that the only other thing they could do is an MRI, and that seems unnecessary at this point. The doctor said that I should have the doctor check it every 3 months or so for a while, but that I won't even need another mammogram until I'm forty. So that was a big, BIG relief. I expected to feel relieved right away, but I was still nervous, after floating between denial and worry these last couple of weeks, and then the actual two hours in the doctor's office...I just barely resisted the urge to bury my face in a grilled cheese and french fries, my ultimate comfort food...but I got my mom on the line, talked to her for a while, until I was almost at work, then got here and ate the lunch I'd planned for. So, it was a big relief by the end of the day, when I'd calmed down, but very stressful.

As for the rest of the week, I'm exhausted, and I have been all week. I'm having trouble falling asleep, and I feel blech when I'm this tired, so I'm just going to relax this weekend...do house chores tonight (cleaning is done, I cooked one dish last night, I just need to cook one more dish and do food prep for the week -- cutting veggies and fruits) and then take tomorrow and Sunday off. I am going to a Greek festival down here Saturday evening, nothing too stressful or fancy.

Oh, I almost forgot -- I lost .6 this week. My goal is a pound per week, but it is TOM, so that might have something to do with it. I did lose a pound last week.

What's new, ladies? Any exciting plans?

Re your posts since I last posted...

Princess: I understand -- my mother went through a scare last year, and that was hard enough for me, so I couldn't imagine what it was like for her. It was a little easier knowing that my doctor said she thought it was nothing, since I'm so young, but it was still scary, since it was significantly large (the doctor's actual words were ("It's BIG.") I'm glad that the bike ride went so well! Re your knee -- maybe the incline is too high? Re heat -- in another month or so, Arizona will be lovely -- it is already quite nice up in the mountains. About six months of the year, the weather is good, from cool, to our idea of cold -- but it is quite hot the other six months, especially from mid June to mid September. Blech. But what can you do? I hate humidity, and I would rather be somewhere dry and hot than cooler and humid. Having grown up in AZ, I find humidity particularly uncomfortable, and intense heat much more manageable. If you do visit Arizona, you should check out Tucson -- we have beautiful Sabino Canyon, and Mt. Lemmon, about an hour up, and ten degrees cooler...and Tombstone, about 1.5 hours from Tucson, is a great tourist spot, it's supposed to be a blast. I am very happy the protein trick worked too. Re Your birthday: Oh, that stinks. I agree with you, how vexing. I agree with Judy. It's your birthday, and if you want to have an intimate dinner at a mid-price restaurant, that's your prerogative (sp?)! And if he doesn't want to do that, the potluck is also an excellent suggestion. I'm glad it worked out. Re hitting half way point -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy: Thank you for your good wishes. Glad that my "insights" were well relieved. I was worried I might come off as overbearing...I just want to share everything I've learned (the hard way!) in case even a small part of it is helpful. Thank you for the good wishes. Eating a salad, with the promise of more core food when you get home is a good idea.

Chrily: Thank you for your good wishes. Sorry things are so chaotic. Re eating BK for breakfast and lunch -- it's important to not beat yourself, but to instead evaluate what went wrong, why you "slipped" and then make strategies to compensate, and get back on the horse! Remember, if you keep working at it, success is INEVITABLE. Even if it takes many strategy changes and a great deal of effort, it is always worth it, and always doable. Re Back Pain: Remember, it is important to STRETCH! Stretching when you work out can help with a number of aches and pains -- it has helped a lot with my back pain, which I used to get almost every day. Now I get it mostly when I do things like sewing, where I end up slumped over for long periods of time.

Bandit -- thank you for your good wishes! Congrats on your WL, and good luck with the hotel days.
  • Ariana-That's is GREAT news!!!! It is hard to take the edge off and not be nervous after a scare like that. WOW! I'm so glad it turned out well.

Judy-Ya, don't pull the "chris" thing! It will get you into more probs than you can imagine, like for instance...sister's who "assume" when the one'a husband goes out of town in Oct and the other sister who is going to denver with her husband for a concert, that "chris" is going to do all this extra babysitting, from early in the morning until 9 at night. I haven't figured out how to tell them...this ain't happening! But I'll figure some way to tell em. I AM getting resentful about all this. Its never reciprocated and I'm tired of being the "go-to" person. The thing they keep forgetting is that I AM going to school too, I have a FAMILY I need to take care of, and I DON"T want to be taking care of all theirs while my whole life goes down the toilet unattended. Okay..Maybe I'm getting a little p.oed.

Well vent over. I have to get ready to do some errands. I brought SIL home from the hospital and I have to get her some prescriptions today and do some other junk. But first, I have to take a HISTORY quiz. YUCK!

Check back later...

chris
  • Okay Gals,
    We're getting pretty full up of posts here, so I'm starting a new one. We're doing great!
    Love,
    Judy