Over 50 & Getting Lighter Sept/Oct

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Morning Ladies...Never made it here yesterday, it was my morning at the dentist and I always come home with my mouth hurting after a cleaning and my hands after having a death grip on the chair! LOL Good news, no cavities.
    This morning I need to take Jim in for his therapy session. Not much change, he still leans to one side and has a hard time getting up. I hope after thearpy today, dose a little bit better.

I was down a pound yesterday. Following the core seems to work better for me and I've been satisfied. Woke up hungry this morning, which is a first for a very long time.

Luflic...Ah....the life of being a grandmother is so wonderful. I miss so much not being able to be near mine and be able to cuddle and spoil them

Donna...You have 2" on me, I'm 5", but I think I would be very happy even reaching 150, but know I would really like to see 120. I just can't imagin myself at that weight.
    So far I like following the Core Plan, no counting calories, but I do have to count points if I have something that isn't a core food. Yesterday, I had a can of Chicken Noodle soup for lunch, so It was 4 points that I deducted from the 35 points I can use for the week. Made myself a nice Chicken stirfry with broccoli, mushrooms, pineapple, red onion and whole wheat pasta. Very yummy and I didn't even have a snack lastnight. I thought about quitting WW, but I need the support I get from my friends and it gets me out of the house.

Well, I need to get hubby up and moven for the day. Have a good day.

Cheryl
  • CHERYL: Thanks for starting a new thread for us.

Glad to hear that you are down 1 pound, way to go. Hope your hubby feels better after he gets therapy today.

Not much to talk about today,guess I rattled on too much yesterday.

Todays tidbit: "Don't think 'DIET' think 'FOOD PLAN',
    "Don't think 'FOOD I CAN'T EAT',think,'ALL THE GOOD FOOD
    I CAN HAVE'

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, TALK TO YOU ON TUESDAY DONNA
  • Evening Ladies...Just got home from a very busy day. Hubby had therapy today, but still is not doing good. He has to go back next week for three more sessions and probably no work for another week. Sure glad he has a lot of sick leave saved up. Couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning and I was down 2 lbs, only one more pound to go!!!

Welcome Codered!!! Look forward to getting to know you.

Donna...Love your quotes. Hope you have a great weekend.

Cheryl
  • Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop-in to see how you all are. You all must be having a great weekend since it is pretty quite here. Not much going on for me as well, just staying home and taking care of hubby and sewing. It has rained the last couple of days, so the mowing hasn't been done. Hope to get at it tomorrow.
    Till later.

Cheryl
  • Hi Ladies...Come out, come out where ever you are....Gosh! Nothing like talking to myself. I know you all must be busy enjoying the last long weekend of the summer. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Cheryl
  • Where is everybody Cheryl? I hope everyone will start posting again. I also need to see the dentist for my regular check up and cleaning~ just keep postponing- need a relaxant/sedative everytime I see a dentist.
    Hope your DH feels better.
    I still need to lose 2 lbs. before I'm finally back on track, and weigh in is tomorrow, so I hope the scale is good to me tomorrow.
    My laptop which is only 15 mos. old is at the repair shop, it is still on warranty since there is 2 years warranty on every goods bought within EU, plus I have purchased an additional 2 years warranty so I don't know if they will repair it or if I get a replacement. I have an older laptop but I can't get the wireless pcmcia LAN card to work either so I'm using our stationary computer which is in one of our upstairs room (office/library room) and my dog (baby) and I hate this room so I can't be online for a long time-that's why I haven't been posting, but I see that you needed company.
    Have a great day.
  • I'm here Everyone must be worn out from their long weekend. I will be all messed up for the rest of the week. Glad to see you gals kept things going.

CHERYL: Good for you!!! another 2 lb. loss. Sure hope your DH gets to feeling better soon.They usually don't make very good patients.

GIRLIEYORKIE: Glad you stopped in to keep Cheryl company, she sounded pretty lonely. I did peek in on you but really didn't have time to post.

Had a wonderful weekend. Spent it with my youngest daughter and my grandson. He just started kindergarten and lots of things to tell us about.
    Of course we had to look at all of his papers and that was great fun.
    While we were there my daughter and her boyfriend made it official that they are engaged. She got quite a rock!! Thought it nice that he did it while we were there. No date for a wedding set, they aren't in any real hurry. He is a farmer/rancher so don't really know when they will find the time. On Sunday we all went to Fort Collins, about a 2 hour drive from their house,and went furniture shopping. That was really a lot of fun, had never been in one of those big warehouse furniture places before. Never saw so many different styles and colors. Guess I lead a pretty sheltered life.
    I'd better get some work done here today before we see patients again tomorrow.
    Hope everyone else hurry's back soon. Want to hear about their weekends too. I did really well on what I ate and got lots of walking in.

"SET GOALS FOR ONLY 1 WEEK AT A TIME, THEY ARE EASIER TO KEEP"

DONNA
  • Hey ladies, WW I stayed the same on Friday which sends me into spiral Errrr why am I so dumb. Back on track today. For some reason I am not getting notified of this thread and hard for me to find. Hopefully it will notify me. When someone posts.

You talking about dentists makes me realize it is time for me to call dr. for pap test not excited.

Hope hubby is feeling better today.

Enjoy the sunshine while it is here!
  • Evening Ladies...Boy did I miss you guys over the long weekend. Nothing like talking to myself, which I do at times. LOL

Elyn...So happy you poped in to keep me company. I would rather see a doctor any day than the dentist. Hope you get your computer fixed real soon. I love using the laptop, but hate to have to use the dinosaur!!

Donna...Congrats to your daughter on getting engaged. Now you have a wedding to look forward to.

Luflic...Sending the fairy fat mother your way. Hope she kicks starts you in the downward direction.

My hubby is doing much better today, and it looks like he will go back to work on Friday. I'm down another pound to what my ticker says. Doing the happy dance. Off to weight watchers tomorrow, will let you know how I did on their scales. See you all tomorrow.

Cheryl
  • Guess I told a little white lie when I said I did good this weekend
    because when I got on that darn scale this morning it said I had gained a
    pound. Know that isn't much and I can get it off,but darn I thought I was doing pretty good. Now I know it is really going to take some hard work on the exercise end of this thing.

CHERYL: Glad you agree with your ticker now. Know how good it feels when you can say that. Glad to hear your DH will be able to go back to work by the end of the week. Yes now the pressure is on, I have a wedding too.

Luflic: Don't be so hard on your self. Maintaining is a good thing, sure better than a gain. Cheryl is sending help by way of the FFM, it will be better next time.

I got a mile on the treadmill this morning before work, it is going to be lovely this evening so will go for a walk before I fix supper. I have to get this thing going in a downward direction pretty soon here.

"JUST DO IT!!!!.MAKE UP YOUR MIND TO EXERCISE TODAY AND JUST DO IT, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL WAIT TILL YOU'RE DONE"

DONNA
  • Hello Ladies...I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. ...I'm down another pound by my scales, so changed my ticker. Went to weight watchers this afternoon...drum roll, please....I loss 4.7 lbs!!!!...Doing the happy dance

Donna...You will have that pound gone in no time. Evening walk sounds nice, think I will do the same. Haven't been home all day, so I need to get a few things done before the girls get home.

Check back later.

Cheryl
  • CHERYL: OMG

GREAT JOB !!! you are making me really hustle.
    4.7 lbs. That is just WONDERFUL

DONNA
  • Morning Girls...Never made it here yesterday, I had a terrible headache brought on by the farmers burning their fields. Still doing good following the core plan, not hungry which is a good thing.

Donna...Thanks for the congrats...I was so shocked when my leader said 4.7 for a loss. Let me tell you, I did a happy dance there. Fall is in the air this morning. Got up and closed the windows. We were 42 and tomorrow morning we are suppose to be 34 for a low. Good sleeping weather for me!

Well gals, I need to get hubby up and fed and get him off for therapy and then work. Hope you all have a great day.

Cheryl
  • Just jumping in for a quick "HELLO". Busy day at work so not much time.

I have stuck to my Change One Plan this week and have gotten a lot of

walking in, so let's hope I keep it up over the weekend. Told DH he really

has to help me out this time.

"GET A NEW ATTITUDE !!" "I'M WORTH WHATEVER I DO TODAY AND TOMORROW I WILL BE WORTH WHAT I DO THEN"

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND GALS...............DONNA
  • Donna...BRAVO for sticking with your plan week and getting some walking in. I know that the fairy fat mother will be dropping by this week.

I've done pretty good also and will be very happy if I have a one pound loss after the big loss this week. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Cheryl