Over the 40lb. mark and battling the sweet tooth

• Well, this week I lost another two lbs. making it 42 pounds I have lost since June 11th. What is that? About two and half months? I don't know I can't do math. LOL. Anyways... this week I have battled with my sweet tooth for chocolate. I'm not even going to lie. Yes I had some. And you know what? I don't feel bad about it either. And you know why? Because I know where I'm going. I know I'm heading to a thinner, healthier me and no matter if I make slips or falls i'm still going to get there. I don't stress over have eating that piece of chocolate which by the way causes weight stalling or gaining. I used to stress out all the time and beat myself up for doing wrong things on my diet and you know where my pounds went? Absolutely nowhere! They stayed on my body. So now, I have learned that when I want something sweet. HAVE IT. Don't pig out on it, but have enough to taste and take care of the sugary need. And don't stress about it or beat yourself up because you know attitude is always half the battle.

Blessing,

Christina
  • Hi Christina... glad it is working for you. Congratulations on your weight loss
  • Great attitude! Thats the way to go...
    Good luck!
  • Christina - you've come a long way in a short time! You must have found what works best for you - Congratulations!
  • Congrats of the weight loss. You have a great attitude. It's real easy to get depressed and go for more chocolate after a single splurge. The key is to keep plugging. Good luck on the rest of the journey!
  • Thanks a bunch. I couldn't have gone this far without you guys. And I REALLY mean that.
  • Wow, that is a lot of weight in a short time!! I've been on my program since the beginning of April and haven't lost 40 pounds yet. WTG on keeping on and on not beating yourself up over the small things!! You're doing great!! Keep it up!
  • Wow congrats on the 42 lbs. And in such a short time? What are you doing? It's taken me almost 6 months to lose 50.

I'm happy for ya!
  • snuggle, i'm mostly doing a modified low-carb diet. I eat low-carb things but also eating vegetables too and staying away from sugar and processed foods. I will not eat anything that has been processed such as hot dogs, chips, crackers, ice creams...etc. just anything that has been created by man I stay away from it. Our bodies weren't created to take in all the foods created by man. That I truely believe is the reason why so many people are battling with so many illnesses and diseases these days.

There are a few times I do have sweets or something really unhealthy but as long as it's eaten sparingly then it's ok.

Blessings,
    Christina
  • Congrats on the weight loss! Thats really good. Are you working out? I have lost 18 lbs since August 1st but I have found it so hard to get motivated to work out!! Good luck on the rest of your journey I am pulling for you!!
    Debbie
  • Great job! You gotta give into the cravings at times. You'll find that they're not as strong if you do that. Just keep it in moderation! I've been really surprised that I've kept on losing even though I've sllacked off some. I find that I don't want quite as much of the bad stuff now, so I'm not bingeing and blowing it all!

Kim
  • That's the same with me Kim. I've been eating one sweet everyday lately (past two weeks :gasp: ) but I've still managed to lose weight. And also I have found myself not wanting all those bad foods I used to eat. When I pass by that restaurant or see fried chicken somewhere i'm like "Ewww, I can't believe I used to eat that." So my whole perspective on greasy "southern" food has totally changed.
    Tomorrow though i'm going to start fresh again and stay away from sweets as much as possible.

Debbie, to answer your question, yes I do workout. There are times when I don't feel like doing it. But I think to myself "you know Christina, imagine what you're gonna look like by next year, you're not going to get that body unless you exercise." That usually motivates me enough to exercise. Even when I don't exercise at all I always do a little something. When music is on tv or radio I dance to it or move around in my chair. When I go to the store I always walk from the back of the parking lot. When I'm lieing in bed at night before going to sleep I sometimes do a little leg exercises like pilates. When I'm standing and cooking things on the stove i walk in place. Even in the shower I walk in place or do some kinda of movement.
    I hope I have given you a few ideas on how you can put in a little movements without really doing a total workout. I do recommend exercise at least 3 times a week or more. Always try to push yourself and soon you'll be started a habit.
  • Wow! Great work! You are inspiring It feels so great to allow yourself pleasurable (normally though of as off limits) foods and still lose weight, doesn't it?

I feel the same way you have expressed about whole, natural, unprocessed foods. It's so great to see that many people on 3FC relate to this lifestyle!
  • You're exactly right Yogini. Thanks for your comment.
  • Christina, that just shows it's all about moderation, not deprivation! It's awesome to know we can give in and still lose...that's the only reason alot of us are still chugging along! I've been thinking alot lately, since I'm halfway to goal, about this being for life...and I'm honestly seeing no problem eating like this for life.

I usually have a hard time eating ENOUGH, so I'm not doing without! Have a 3 Muskateers about once a week, have a regular soda once a week...and I'm losing, and makes me enjoy those things that much more! YAY US!!! We've figured out the RIGHT way to do this!!!

Kim