Suffering with Diabtetic Pain? Pinkroses

• Hey all I haven't been here in a while.
    I was wondering do any of you deal with Diabetic pain?
    I have lost 13 lbs. since Feb. I hope to loose quite a bit more.
    I now see a Diabetic doctor, pain doctor ,and a pain doctor.
    They all help me a lot.
    The pain med. Tramadol does help me quite a bit.
    Do any of you Diabetics suffer quite a bit of pain? Just wondering.
    What do you take for it? PINKROSES
  • I've been a diabetic for over 15 years, what kind of pain are you talking about? I've had a lot but not since I got my leg amputated.
  • I am so sorry you are suffering pain with your diabetes. I have not had any problems with pain from my diabetes, but I do have Lupus and have had a lot of joint pain with it. I am sure though, it was nothing to what you are dealing with.

I hope someone has some suggestions for you.... Way to go on the weight loss!
  • My husband has very bad diabetic neuropathy (nerve pain and numbness) in his legs and feet, and has numbness in his hands too. He also has a disk problem that is causing him severe back pain, so he is on a whole cocktail of meds, including pain meds. For pain, he is taking darvocet, cymbalta, lyrica, relafen, and tramadol. Until the doctor added tramadol and switched relafen for the naproxen he had been taking, nothing was really helping enough to provide much relief. He had been on tramadol alone (before the darvocet) and it didn't help at all, but taking it now with all of the other meds, boosts the pain relief enough (finally) that he is getting some relief.
  • I have arthris and suffer from the numbness in my feet, legs arms and hands. from the being diabetic.
    I do strengthening excersises and that helps some.
    I do take the tramdol which helps a lot.
    PINKROSES