Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #436  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Ok ladies, where are you? Good grief, we were on the second page today...whats the deal. I wonder how many there are left of us who are still tracking to new years? Maybe we should reach out and get some new members...i really NEED this challenge.

Hope you all are doing well. I am doing great since my week of healing from surgery. Friday was my last "day off" and i have been working in the gym ever since. I have stayed BELOW 1400 cals each day. WOOHOO. I didnt loose anything last week...just maintained...so this week i plan to shed several pounds, not just the regular 1-2...i have to make up for what i didnt loose while recouperating.

Let me hear from you all.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

Well I'm back after a really bad week. I am up to 215, I know all of it isn't water weight. So I am back on my diet. and kicking myself for ever stressing off of it. But dh is out of town this week so I went shopping for lots of salad mixings for suppers. I don't cook when he is not around, so maybe that will help me. Well I'll try to check in tomorrow I've been up since 4:30 and I am ready for bed right now.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Phew?!

Whew--

what a time! I had a tooth extracted on an emergency basis yesterday--it was a back molar that was cracked right down the middle--and I spent the weekend with it throbbing! Then after they pulled it I was in so much pain--I was wanting a pain pill every two hours and made myself hold out till three hours--supposed to be four.

Anyway it is better today. I can wait five hours no problem.

Of course it is the big expense--I will need to have two implants now since this is the second tooth that went sideways on me this year and had to have pulled. It all happens at once!

The good news is that I am down two lbs from last week--finally making the goal. I really want to keep it up for the next 19 days until thanks g--and just go offf the one meal. I need to keep losing! I finally feel I am below the 250 line and want to stay below it for good.

Also my internet has been out for the last 24 hours--I guess Earthlink is down in California altogether. I finally got thru to customer service and got a back up number to use. Sheesh! I would probably been on this forum complaining about my teeth and being happy about the two lbs!

Get n healthy--keep it up--you have been losing so steady you are bound to have a slow week!

CArd: dont let it get you down--the main thing is to keep trying--I havent had sucha great success either but at least I am working in the right direction. And water weight or not weight is much easier to lose when you just put it on!

Take care--where is everyone!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:28 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

Height: 5'7"

Thanks sno for the words of encouragement. I weighed myself this morning and it was 212 so at least it is not all fat. I have been sticking to my diet and will be out from 8:30 tomorrow until 8:30 pm. So I will only have food with me to eat. This will help alot. Work has been really messed up this week. My boss has been gone for about 6 weeks between holidays, using banked time, and surgery. But we are all starting to get angry with how often she is gone. i was in charge last friday and one of the women who is older than me just can't stand that she wasn't put in charge. She gave me such a hard time. So I am going to the staff and board meeting tomorrow and telling them either enforce my authority or don't put me in charge, because at this point in my life I really don't need the extra stress.

I mean good grief, I am fourth in line for being in charge, she is fifth. Does it really make that much difference who answers the phone? The broad is nuts.

Well I feel better about only being 212, maybe if I keep on my diet for the rest of the week I can get to 210 for next week.

Well here's to hoping and a better week.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #440  

Morning ladies, i am in a bit of a funk of some kind. This surgery has just really thrown me for a loop. I never expected this much soreness and pain from it. I thought for sure i would be back on my game by now, maybe not upper body weight training but otherwise feeling back to normal. Well that has not been the case. I was going to go to the GYM yesterday, even got dressed in my workout clothes and everything. I bent over to pick something up and felt a BIG pull in my incision...then it hurt the rest of the day, so i skipped the gym, yet AGAIN. I am still laying in bed quite a bit more than i normally would. Called the doctor to ask if i could up my apt, i just feel like i could move on once i get these stitches out. He said NO WAY and that he wants me to keep the stitches in for a total of two weeks...UGH. And he said no exercise other than walking for two weeks. Something about the stitches having SO much tension in the back area...he is scared it is going to pop open. Whatever...all i know is by the time i get to thanksgiving i am going to be just as fat as i am now. Very depressing...i wanted to be closer to my goal by now...especially since i have to face the dreaded inlaws in a couple of weeks.

Going to try to get to the gym today and just do ellipitical real quick...just a 30 minute cardio and leave it at that. If i can do that today and tomorrow i think i might see that scale budge a bit. I am 3 pounds up from ticker weight right now...makes me want to pull my hair out.

CARD- I completely feel your pain honey with the job and the scale. I just quit a job that had issues like that, i dont miss the job, although i do miss the money, since i went down to 2 days a week. About the scale...must just be something in the air. Lets stay on course though and you aim for 210 and will aim for 248. I want to be there by friday...no if, ands, or buts.

SNO- So sorry about your tooth trouble. Good greif, when it rains it pours huh? That is aweful. Hope you are feeling better soon. 2 pounds down...WTG. I like your idea of staying on plan until T-day, i think i will join you on that...no splurges for a while...i have got to get that scale moving. I cant remember what i weighed the last time i saw the inlaws. I think i was about this weight, i wanted to be lower than the last time they saw me. I am such a yo-yo, they have seen me at 280 and seen me at 190, so at least i am not at my heaviest i guess.

Well kiddies, i think i am going to get off my butt, take a Midol (did i mention it is TOM too...geeze, somebody cut me a break), and head to the gym. I know i would feel better if i just got it over with...now if i could just fast forward the next 45 minute of my life i would be happy...oh how i hate working out.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #441  

Just a quick update. I went to the gym...feeling much better emotionally. I knew i would...it is just getting there that is hard. When i came home i weighed, of course (addicted to scales) and i had lost 2 pounds at the gym...maybe i am holding a lot of water...hope so. So that put me at only 1 pound up from ticker...of course once i go through the day i will put it right back on but good to know that it is bouncing all around and not just stuck at 253.
Let me hear from you all, where is everybody.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #442  

Default Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes--I hate to moan about my tooth but it has been rough! It still really hurts. The good part is that I have been not eating much because I feel kinda nauseous and only wnat a small amount of bland food. hopefully my stomach will shrink.

Definitely not able to exercise for a few more days--I just feel groggy from pain pills and little sleep.

Card--dont let work stress get you down--it can be really bad as I know. Setting a limit with you bosses is great--why do a job you arent getting paid for and getting grief from you co-workers. I have been the target of bad vibes from former friends because of taking on responsibilities--I had more work to do and these ladies were mad at me--and they said they didnt want to do it but when I did it they felt I was being given special priviliges. Go figure. Keep it up on the diet--we can lose a lot before thanks G.

Stacy--take it easy--your body is telling you so. And if you are retaining--are you taking any meds like anti biotics? I think I am retaining water from the pain pills--then drink lots of water and herb tea. Red Zinger tea has some natural water bloat reducing herbs. Yeah--lets lose as much as possible before the holidays!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #443  

Good morning dear souls, just got back from the gym, i had a GREAT workout. Got in 10 extra minutes of cardio, which doesnt sound like a big deal but since i usually do 35 mins total, it FELT like a big deal to do 5 extra minutes on the bike and 5 extra on ellipitical. The ellipitical about kicked my butt but showed it who was boss in the long run, ha ha I really wanted today to be good with weigh in tomorrow, especially since i am still up 2 pounds from ticker weight...i dont want to break even or worse gain this week, after just maintaining last week...i wanted to see big numbers this week. Hope it works. I am going to skip my normal after dinner coffee and opt for hot tea instead...hoping to lose some water weight and plan on drinking like a fish today. Oh, i got in some weight training too...nothing for upper body, all lower and by the time i stepped on the ellipitical i could tell, my legs were wobbly before i even started it but it felt good to know i was doing what i was good for my body.

SNO- That is such a bummer about your tooth problem...that is a throbby annoying pain. I know that pain pill goggy all too well. They really take the wind out of your sails dont they. I hope you are back to feeling better soon. Thanks for the heads up about Red Zinger, i didnt know that, i will get some at the store today.

Where is good ol' Dollypie hiding? And the rest of our group...sending a big I MISS YOU ALL to all who check in but havent been posting.

Ok, got LOTS to get done today so better get a move on.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #444  

Default Thursday

Hi Stacy--

hang in there you are doing great--I find the best way to kick water weight is to drink lots of water early in the day and avoid high sodium foods--also having some asparagus helps-it is a nice diuretic.

I am still having tooth pain and keeping quiet. I thought I would loose a bunch of weight since I am eating pretty low cal--I counted around 1200 cals the other day but my weight is staying the same--bummer! Oh well--at least maybe my stomach will shrink. I hope I at least make my goal for next monday of 2 more lbs--we will see--maybe just lying around all day doesnt let me lose the weight. I will go back to low carb tomorrow and see if that jogs my weight down.

I miss everyone too and hope you are all okay! I know the holidays are coming up and it is hard to think about losing but it would be great to hear from everyone even if you arent in the diet mode!

Take care.

Sno
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #445  

Default 7.5 weeks to go--Newbies welcome!

Oh and what you said about some newbies--that is a great idea Stacy!

We have 7.5 weeks to go until new years and if there are some newbies who want to get on board and work on their weight over the crucial next 60 days and be lighter by 2007 please join us! We need the energy just as much as you do!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #446  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

HI everyone! I love challenges. Right now I am a part of the Thanksgiving Challenge (2 weeks left 6 pounds to go) and the November Exercise challenge (goal 1500 minutes of intentional exercise so far 570 done). I need the support of these challenges to help keep me motivated! I'd love to join everyone here because I need all the support I can get. I have been losing about a pound and a half a week so I will say I'd like to lose 12 pounds by the new year, that would put me at 152!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #447  

hello jeni, glad to have you. I have to have these challenges too...you get to know the people involved and it is so nice to vent your bad days and rejoice your good days.

12 pounds is a good goal for new years...that is exactly what i have let in this challenge....we can do it.

1500 minutes a month for exercise....that is SUPER impressive. I usually average about 800 and that is with a dilegent effort. So my hats off to you for 1500.

And welcome aboard.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #448  

Default Welcome!

Hi Jeni:

good to hear from you--that is great you are setting some wonderful goals for yourself--that is so inspiring--Stacy and I have been working hard (Stacy in particular) and are pumped to have new people joining us.

It is a difficult journey and having other share it makes a big difference.

Take care and when you get a chance I would love to hear about your eating plan!

Stacy: here is some special best wishes for your weigh in tomorrow--good luck!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #449  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I calorie cycle. Two 1200 cal days two 1400 cal days two 1700 cal days and the 7th day I fluctuate to make sure I get an average of 1450 per day.
I drink 64-80 oz of water a day and I always take a multivitamin.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 232/232/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello,
Starting induction tomorrow for the atkins plan. So this challenge is great. My goal is 15lbs by New Years. If I can reach this goal and do it one goal at a time I will make it, we all will.
Take care all
Brenda
NurseBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote