Sunflower Kernels on Phase I

• I have started the SBD again so I am not completley new to the diet; however, I can not find anywhere if it is ok for me to have Unsalted Dry Roaster Sunflower Kernels - and if so, how much????????
  • to 3FC and to The Beach!
    Check out the revised Phase I Food List in the FAQ. The book you have may be outdated.
  • Ruth, Can you tell me what the new book looks like or the Copyright date. I cannot find 'any' new book and my DH is on SB and wants to succeed. TIA
  • Sorry, Kelly, but I have no idea what it looks like. I understand there is a paperback version that has the updated food lists but have not seen it. The Lists ijn our FAQ are kept current so your DH could use that.
  • Thanks but he is such a skeptic that unless he sees it in an official form he won't beleive it. LOL! Thanks again. Ya'll are very, very helpful.
  • I have a paperback version. I got it at Barnes and Noble. It is a little blue Paperback. No pictures on the cover, just "The South Beach Diet". It was copyrighted 2003. I don't see sunflower seeds on any of the lists. Do you have nutrition facts?
    Maybe you can make a decision based on sugars.carbs.calories? I'm sure there would be a limit though. Whenever I have has sunflower seeds (and they could be different), they were pretty salty. If they are high in sodium, you could retain water.
  • They update the food lists on the official SB website, but I think you have to be a member to get the updates. I'm not sure though. Where do you get the info for the updated lists on this site?
  • The updated list is from the official South Beach site. Trust us!
  • Thanks
    Thanks everyone for your help.

The Nutrition facts are:
    1/4 cup (1 oz)
    Total Fat: 15g
    Sodium 0 mg
    Total carb: 5g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 6
    Dietary Fiber 4 g

Thanks again :-) It is nice to know you can get support when you need it. Hope you all have a great day.
  • Page 102 of the first version of the South Beach Diet Good Fats Good Carbs guide lists Sunflower seeds as Good with a serving size of 1 TBSP. It is listed in the section title Seeds.

The Good Fats/Good Carbs book gets more specific than the diet book. That is why they came out with it.