The Winning Losers - Wk of 8/20/06 - Newcomers Welcome

You're on Page 9 of 16
Go to
  • do you think loosing 2lbs a week or 8 lbs a month for the next 16months is unreasonable? I'm wondering because I dont want to get my hopes too high but i dont wanna say in 3 years either. If I do it in 24 months thats about 5lbs a month.

did you guys set that kind of goal up? I'm not Im just thinking just incase.
  • Welcome Kandice Jest wanted to drop in today I didnt get to do any exercise today man No kids and the day flew right on by. I started to work on the dress I was making for my granddaughter Next Wed is Her 1st Bday and I wanted to see how it would look. I finished the dress and it look Beautiful If I might say I even made her a hat to go with it. Well I better be going to bed Am comes early.
  • Good evening lovelies!!

Elycia...the thing with butter spray is that its no fat and no calories for 5 sprays...if its the spray I'm thinking of. The cooking sprays that say that too are for like 1/5 a spray, you gotta be careful with that stuff. I definetly like the Parkay one, but I use more than 5 sprays LOL! Still less than a pat of butter I'm sure!

Sara...2 lbs a week is totally doable, in fact thats what you should aim for! I dont think you are being unrealistic at all, you are being very smart!! Slow and steady wins the race! Try not to focus on the big picture, that can get discouraging, take it babysteps at a time. 10 lbs first, then another 10 before you know it the numbers arent so big anymore!

Shopping today was trying. We went to ross and tjmaxx and I found some cute things but none of it fit!! and it said it was size 3X!!! I was just disgusted and wanted to cry but had to put on a smiley face for my girls. Then we went to the mall and I dunno, things fit better. I tried on a size 24 skirt and it was too big. Finally at T J Banks (the fat girl store) I found some REALLY cute stuff. Ended up getting a skirt size 22, probably could have gone for a 20 considering I'll wear spanx but oh well! And the sweater that matches is a 2X. This better be the last time I gotta buy clothes this big!!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful night! I'm trying to catch up on my lack of water before bedtime, not sure if I'll make 100 oz today!

~melissa
  • Sara, I think that 2 lbs per week is quite reasonable. That is typically what I shoot for. In the Thanksgiving Challenge, my goal is based on 2 lbs. per week.

Melissa, I am sorry that shopping was so frustrating for you, however, i completely understand. That is why I keep wearing the same thing over and over, I just can't bear to go shopping only for it to tell me some huge size is too small. I am very hippy. Even when small, I've got big hips and I am sure that having twins didn't help. It will be a good while before i go pants shopping if you know what I mean. Don't worry, if you stay the course, this WILL be the last time that shopping will be so frustrating. Glad you got a cute outfit though.

Regarding the butter spray, it doesn't say that only 5 sprays are free. I will have to look closer. In any event, it is much less than butter. Well, gotta run.

Elycia
  • Sara: I agree with the rest of the ladies. A 2 pound loss a week is pretty reasonable if you are quite overweight as I am. The longer you diet and get thinner, it will be harder to come off.

Bonnie: I love it that you are a sewer. I think we are a dying breed. If I lost my sewing machine or my serger, it would be like losing my arm. Since you're a crafter (according to your profile) take a picture of the outfit on your grand-daughter and use some of the fabric in the scrapbook where you put the picture!
  • I did it. I finally drank all 6 bottles. its 7:46pm. wow. I cant believe I did it. Since Monday I've been trying to and now I did it. Goodnight Ladies see you tomorrow
  • Thanks Norma I think I will do that I was goingto start a book for her any way and that would be a great way to start it.

Way to go Sara on your water I have to get all mine in to.

Got to get exercising ..
  • u2girl- I Haven't tried butter spray, but thanks for the info!

lovethatsara- Nope, it is not unreasonable. At my next weigh in I hope it will be more than a 3 Lbs loss. ! Good job on the water!
  • thank you everyone for the welcome!

does the pizza man visit everyone houses? DH suggested last night that we order pizza, and I know that LC has worked for me in the past so I suggested Subway and I know he LOVES subway- tuna on white, lettuce, tom, extra mayo- that's what he always gets! And I ordered a tuna salad with lettuce, tomato, onions and gps and 1000 island. the dressing had 11 carbs and I think the tuna said it was 4- probably mayo. so for dinner I did good. didn't exercise though. (but did get water goal of 64 ounces)
    A few ladies walk the stairs at lunch- we're on the 19th floor, and I did it a few times with them but I'm going to try to do it today too. Boss never says anything and then they have lunch at their desks afterwards. I'll keep you posted!
    Water- does everyone drink bottles? I found a gigantic jug- well it's 64 ounces and it's made for water, has all these water sayings on it- from Walmart. so I fill that up in the morning and I sit there all day with it- beleive it or not, I think it's easier because I can see all the water instead of ugh, here's another bottle...

Danielle- good job on staying strong and fighting temptations! That first aisle with the chips and little debbies is a hard one to skip! I will definitely keep you in mind tomorrow (I grocery on Fridays) as I make good decisions!
    I think I'm going to put "You can do it!" on my profile.

Amanda- congrats on the lb. hey's it's almost friday isn't it?

Sara- have you tried the crystal light or similiar for your water? I had to do that at first and then I weened down- half a pack for the water now most of the time none. Fruit punch or raspberry icetea is a lot easier to go down than plain water.
    2 lbs a week sounds good. just know that it might average. I know when I first start losing it all comes off- like 10 lbs and then it slows to a lb or so a week. (I'm down 3 lbs this week since Monday) You might do that too. So don't get discouraged if there are some weeks you don't lose 2lbs! we'll be here!

Bonnie- I quilt, but dress making has always interested me. doesn't seem to be enough time, my last quilt was nearly a year ago now for my little sis for Christmas. I want to make a tshirt quilt someday with all my old tshirts from sports or concerts I've been too so I dont have to throw them out.

Melissa- sorry about the bad shopping experience. I get upset when I have to buy size 18 for my thighs- I'm pear shaped. Stupid labels! DH always says, buy what loks good, not what you want to look good. he's my personal shopper. he's been in more women's dressing rooms than most men I beleive! keep on ging and you won't buy that size again!

Hi to everyone else!

Kandice
  • Good Morning Gang!

Feeling a lot stronger today now that yesterday is behind me. Thanks to those who offered such awesome support when I really needed it! Definitely made me feel great for the decision I made. AF is kicking my butt. I get so dizzy and nauseated every month for about 3 days. I think I'm going to look into that procedure where you go in-office to stop your periods. Such a waste of my time and energy when 1. We are done having kids. 2. Even if I wanted 'em, my tubes are tied. LOL No reason for all this suffering IMO. Supposed to be getting another storm today. Gotta love monsoon season! Not that I'm already tired enough, now the rain's gotta come and make it worse! LOL

Kandice, thanks sweetie for your support, it means a lot. I've always hated the grocery store because of all that glorious food. I started getting serious anxiety attacks everytime I stepped in there, very debilitating.so even back then, when I wanted to go shopping alone, I was terrified to because I would get such huge attacks and needed dh there to help me. No way to live, I know. Seriously, who in the world builds up angst over the grocery store?? ME of course!

Ladies have a terrific morning! Time to get moving here, coffee's ready. BBL
  • hi everyone hope today is going good well yesterday i did good again i got in all my water i stayed p-o-p( perfect on eatingplan) my scale has moved but im so scared to post it because i dont want to be dissapointed on sunday oh what the heck siince monday i lost 2lbs probably water since im taking in more but who cares
    i see you guys scales are moving on down congrats that is inspiring for me
    trish im going to have to borrow that water idea my hubby is a marine so i can get him to make the consequences for me
    Kandice im in n.c also right now im in jacksonville but hubby gets out in sept so im hoping to move to charlotte.. welcome
    well ill post at the end of the day because i see i miss out when i dont
  • Hello everyone:

Just popping in. I just finished my workout. I did Maximum Cardio by the FIRM. It was tough, but I made it through. Did modifications to the tougher sections.

Mia, very good to see ya and congrats on your loss.

Ciao!

Elycia
  • MIA- I saw that, we're in Jonesville- about 40 miles west of winston-salem, an hour north of charlotte- right up I-77, small town but we love it! (not good for finding work though- I commute 45 minutes to winston and DH commutes to Statesville- 35 mins)

congrats onthe scales- mine moved 3 lbs since Monday probably due to Water too.
  • Oh yeah Melissa, I did check on that butter spray. All the nutritional facts say 0. So if I put 50 sprays, 0x0 is 0 in terms of calories and fat, right? Now it did say that sodium 15mg per serving, so I guess if you are following a low sodium diet, that would matter. Since I am not, I am going to make sure that I keep it in my house.

Also, I wanted to add that I have been using a seasoning called Ms. Dash. It is an awesome seasoning with no salt. I use to season my grean beans with seasoning salt and I know that wasn't good so I bought this and it is great!
    Just wanted to share.

Elycia
  • Elycia
    how is the firm? im like 5 minutes from deciding to buy it what series did you get? and do u have the step im sorry for all the ? but there are so many to chose from and im trying not to invest too much money
    im also going to try winsor pilates
    Kandice the job reason is exactly why we decided charlotte well the outskirts congrats on the wl