Anyone tried the zone?

• Today is my first day on the zone. I haven't read all of the book yet, but it sounds good so far. I like the scientific explanations rather than just being told what I should and shouldn't eat. I also like that you don't have to entirely cut out anything, just limit the stuff that isn't good for you hormonally. Anyone tried the zone? I'd like to hear if anyone has lost weight on it.
  • The Zone is great. I have lost loads of weight on it, and it reduces inflammation. Im surprised that more people dont do the zone, it is very successful.
  • The Zone is very healthy!
    I did the zone a while ago (3 years ago maybe). The book says to treat food like a prescription. I am mathmatical and figured my percentages to a "T". I couldn't believe how much better I felt and how much clearer my thinking was.

I got away from it. It really didn't last that long because it really was a lot of work. I have noticed books like "Living on the Zone" and "Cooking on the Zone" and wondered if it would be easier now.

I have just started the Good Mood Diet to help with low energy and overall blues. The Good Mood Diet balances every meal like the zone does. This is only my second day and this evening I started to feel like I am thinking clearer and my mood is better. I had energy when I got home and that is a plus right now.

My point is that I think the Zone with it's balanced meals is so healthy and you will feel markedly better. Please keep up posted on your progress.

Gina
  • I lost weight on the zone also. this was a few years ago. I worked at a holistic retreat center and lunch was buffet vegetarian.. so getting in veggies was easy. then I stopped for some reason (perhaps cause I stopped working there) and years later when trying to go back on it I found it confusing and realized that having all those veggies in the house every day, for me, would be next to impossible. I think I have been on at least 1/2 the diets known to man and am now going with calorie counting/high fiber. the high fiber keeps me satisfied as I have a very big hunger factor... and it certainly is not confusing at all...
  • I did the Zone several years ago and felt great. My problem with it was that it limited the amount of food you can eat and I was hungry by nightfall.