RIP, Friday Treat

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you, Jayde. That was too easy--I should have been able to figure that out myself!
  • Your tastes changing isn't an unusual experience. I used to enjoy cookies n cream ice cream, but last time I tried it (a couple years ago), it didn't taste the same. I also used to like oreos and milk, which again didn't taste the same last time I tried it. Nutter butters? nope. Chocolate cake? nope. Chocolate covered raisins? Peanut butter cups? Paydays? nope, nope and nope.

It happens. I think it is a good thing and it takes some time to realize that your favorite treats are no longer favorites.
  • Quote: Sounds like you are really ready to dig in, Hope!
    I've got my shovel and containers ready!!!
  • Quote: Thank you, Jayde. That was too easy--I should have been able to figure that out myself!
    Actually, I saw where someone had posted WOE and I thought 'What does that mean??????' Then, I saw someone post it again and put Way Of Eating in parenthesis. OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it! I thought everyone knew what it was, except for me!

Sorry, I should have put it in parenthesis as well!
  • Great post! I've gone through the same thing.
  • Yes...YES!!!! THIS is what Superfoods/Whole Foods were for me way back when. I NEED this again. Struggling to get back into the groove of it all, but I'll get there.
  • Hi, there! I'm new to here but not new to dieting. I always have had a sweet tooth thanks to my gramps who used to lavish me with all kinds of sweets when I was a kid. So for me love was always something sweet. No matter what diet I tried sweet craving was always my down fall. Then I tried a modified paleo diet and after a year I really have kicked the craving for cake, pie and all the bakery goods that used to seduce me. I still tend to binge on fruit so I limit that as much as possible.
    Oddly enough if I feel like I want a sweet I keep a 90% cacao bar in the freezer and break off a tiny bit to have with herb tea and that takes care of it. I never feel like bingeing on odd things anymore. It used to be that I would eat all kinds of stuff to get rid of the feeling that only pie or cake could bring. Once I ate an entire loaf of white bread slathered with mayo when all i wanted was to devour an apple pie with whipped cream. Needless to say the bread and mayo was just as bad as cake or pie. But now I have healthy salads and am unconsciously cutting back on red meat in favor of fish or chicken. I did have some unresolved issues that contributed (divorce) but once I went paleo it seemed that I could think more clearly and took care of the issues which helped the diet.
  • do skipping and running everyday it helps you a lot reduce your weight!