books that encourage whole foods lifestyles

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: I would have to recommend any book by Dr. John McDougall (the New McDougall Diet, McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss), Dr. Joel Fuhrman (Eat to Live), or Neal Bernard. I would also highly recommend reading T. Colin Campbell's The China Study - you will never look at our Western diet the same ever again!
    I agree with all of these. I am currently reading the McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss. I read Dr. Furman's End to Diabetes and completely reversed my diabetes with it. Excellent resources.
  • Michael Pollan
    In Defense of Food and Food Rules are the ones I've read so far.

Other ones I've read recently:
    Crazy, Sexy Diet by Kris Carr
    Joyous Health by Joy McCarthy
    Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart

Currently reading:
    Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss

All amazing books!!
  • Lots of good ones listed here!

I would add anything by John Robbins. He wrote Diet for a New America, Reclaiming Our Health, The Food Revolution, and more.
  • Jon Gabriel's " Visualiztion for Weight Loss" The food part of this is whole foods related.
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Although its not so much of a how-to for eating healthy foods, but an investigation of the entire food industry, from small organic farms to "industrial organic" to conventional food industry.
  • Hi! I am new to the forum!. Will enjoy taking a look at those books recommended! Thanks for Sharing!
  • Thank you so much for sharing this
  • The Whole Foods Diet: The Lifesaving Plan for Health and Longevity
    I personally would suggest 'The Whole Foods Diet: The Lifesaving Plan for Health and Longevity' by John Mackey . It has been the best seller of its times and has pushed the readers to understand the significance of food and diet in today's busy stressful lives. I personally am not so big fan of reading books but you can obviously listen to the books which stresses upon serious topics and motivates us
  • Books/magazine
    Try Eating well, it's a magazine