Cows in Heat

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • It's bloody 101 here with a humidex "real feel" (that somehow doesn't sound right..ewwww) of 114

I must have been projecting a face of distrust as I swiped my debit card to pay fer groceries today.. I usually shield the machine whilst I plug in my secret PIN ... Aherd of teenagers behind me were overheard to say somethin like: oh look, black kids, better hide my number..she think we're gonna steal it!"
    I retorted: I wouldn't care if you were the Pope " and you should protect yer numbers too...

I was hoping to sweat away the pounds...

We've been lookin fer land... I have many a tale to tell... however, I must go now... I promise I will take pics if we pass some of these "landmarks" that I will be describing to you... Oy!

Must Clean Crack house
  • "Cows in heat"? No bull? ROFLOLPIMP!
  • When I saw "cows in heat" on the main page, I was like WTH? But then when I clicked it and saw you...I just started LMAO

I've had that same experience with the debit card as well. But the best one was where there were some LARGE ladies crowding me at the machine and I finally had to ask them to step back. The leader made some comments about "what, afraid we'll steal your number" and my grandma (who was shopping with me) stepped in and said "she's not worried about her number. She's asking you all to step back because someone obviously didn't put their deoterant on today."

The looks on their faces were priceless and there was some discreet sniffing going on as we left the building.
  • I am just posting to make the thread easier to find.

Now, I'm going to watch Gilmore Girls.
  • Humidex is really a gross word.
  • Har har, Schatz---- sorry you're melting away --- too bad it's only figuratively, huh? Seems like putting up with all that heat should earn you a couple pounds off. It's blessedly perfect weather here - low 80's and sunny. It's what I put up with the rain for.

I've been at the accountants. I hate going to the accountants as much as going to the dentist. Which, by the way I did on monday b/c one of my molars broke. Can you believe it? I need a $1000 crown. Durn. Anyway, I always feel soooo dense when they pull up the balance sheet and start asking questions. The problem is, I find bookkeeping extremely boring. Extremely. You have to be a special person to enjoy accounting.

We're thinking of taking a road/ferry trip to Friday Harbor. I wish Sugar would come here and tell me how close that is to her folks place.
  • I think Sugar should come the yellow brick road and meet Wabby. I met Lush and see how well that turned out?

I have a headache, stomacheache, runny nose, tension. A cold in other words. I watched Gilmore Girls and turns out the episodes I rented were about Rory going to Yale and Loralei standing all alone in her house. This is not a good thing to be showing me. Can I just make him not go? He can work in a supermarket all his life.

I think "humidex" sounds smart. I have a new Humidex 4500XL. It operates on .4 liters of fuel and has an automatic on/off switch adjusted to sense phases of the moon and differentiate cat movements from falling piles of mail.

Bookkeeping is horrible. It gets in your brain and twists around and doesn't come out straight. I hate it.
  • It's 10:00 and I intend to post every hour today until I'm done. I have called in sick. I am just stressed out and a cold has turned to a cough and I don't think cashiers in food stores should cough.

This morning, I have washed a load of colored clothes and sheets are in the washer now. This is not as good as Luch's lists but I ain't no Luch.

Did I tell you about the Englishman who showed me a Canadian penny and said, "Ths is a penny. Yes?" I keep thinking about his dream that American had slipped the queen's picture on some of our coins.

Ok. Bye.
  • No. It's your job to push him out of the nest, Peach. Sorry.

3 of my last 4 mornings have been spent cleaning up doggie diarhea.---- I thought a long time about how I could state that more delicately and I just couldn't come up with anything. --- I couldn't be mad at them b/c they were sick, but lordy, that isn't a good way to start a day. For the next week they're just going to have to sleep out in their kennel, just to make sure they're all better. I think they must have gotten into the neighbor's compost pile, which they put everything in, not just veggie scraps. For some reason I just had to share this with you all.

I've never heard of humidex. I'm so sheltered.
  • i am back. I have slept and accomplished nothing.

I hate Wabby's neighbor's compost pile. It is full of germs and will attract rats and bats.

Here is something I learned yesterday in school district orientation. True story: kids are allowed cell phones in the school as long as the phones are turned off. During class, phone rings and teacher asks boy to give her the phone. He does. Later, teacher opens phone, sees seminude picture of his gf, also a student, flips through all the pictures, takes it to the principal who calls the kids' families or something. GF's mom is an attorney and she brings all her buddies down to the school and sues them for invasion of privacy. Turns out, teacher had no right to look at the phone.

DS and I have identical phones and can not tell them apart without opening them. Open him and you see lcp. Open mine and you see him.

So I ask what if phone got misplaced or someone needed to see whose it was and opened it. This instructor guy kind of yelled at me, "I AIN"T BUYING THAT." What you're supposed to do is label the phone with the kid's name and NEVER OPEN IT>

Does that seem crazy or what? Like there's not enough to worry about in school and teachers must carefully label cell phones and put them in a safe place so one will look at them. Anyway, he yells good so he must be right.

I never heard of a humidex either. Bet I could lift one though
  • Quote: I retorted: I wouldn't care if you were the Pope " and you should protect yer numbers too...
    Good for you. Way to go getting all "teachery" on them too. I love doing that now and then. One of the benefits of being middle aged.

Quote: I know a family with 4 girls and 1 boy. The boy is number 2 and the only kid the grandmother who lives across the street acknowledges.
    My cousins put up with that. There were 5 in the family and the grandmother (not mine, the other one) who was very wealthy and lived in a big mansion, would only allow the oldest boy to visit her. Occasionally the rest of the kids were allowed to be brought over by my aunt to go swimming in the pool, as long as they didn't set foot in the house. And then she died and the whole family spend scads of time in the house while my aunt and uncle sorted out the estate. My brother and I went there too. haha on her.

Gotta go, I have a dr appt.

Nice title, by the way. Still beastly hot here too. Supposedly over 100 yesterday with the heat index thingy. Thank goodness we spent the whole day in the a/c car and the a/c mall. Otherwise I would have been here complaining.

I'll come back later and read the rest of the posts and tell you all about the latest digit-reducing accident. Can hardly wait, eh? It's not about accounting.

Kiwi
  • I'm back and feeling better. Less stressed. Among other things, I have been upset over lcp's state of health and what that means to ds. She has cirrosis of the liver which is often caused by hepatitis-b which is very contagious. However, I just talked to a nurse who told me that 7th graders are required to take hep-b vaccines (yes) and a blocked gallbladder will cause scarring of the liver. So I'm better. A weight is lifted. Now I'm hungry.

Wabbo, whacha doing about the compost? It needs fencing. I worked with a woman whose husband shot their dog because neighbors moved in and the dog wouldn't stay out of the neighbor's unfenced yard. So he shot the dog. The sweet little dog. Men are so ... so ....

But DS is acting very sweet. This is either:
    1) his own anxiety about leaving me
    2) the influence of lcp.

Either way, it's nice.

And guess what? A man showed up and cut my grass. He asked if I wanted it cut and I asked him price and he lowered the price when I said no and he did a greatttt job and I paid him extra.

Someone else talk now.
  • Yep, my inlaws make up for my mom-- they only really like DS17, out of all of their four grandkids.

Peachy, that's an interesting story about the cellphone. Here, when someone leaves behind anything electronic, we try to get their identity from it however we have to. I'm not going to just hand over an expensive piece of equipment to someone without verifying that it's the right person. (That's better than NY, though, where some districts are banning cell phones altogether because they's just a convenience to the parent and they help kids cheat. Argh!)

Still doing WW, still being good, eating mostly grains and legumes. Fruits and veggies have been nasty lately. Too hot? Too humidex?

Hit a new low in my kgs- 86.6. Woo! Down one tenth of a kilo! And I haven't been able to run because of the heat. Did you know sleep deprivation can make you more susceptible to heat stroke? Only a couple more weeks of sleep deprivation, though. I sadly had to give notice at my job that I've had for six years. :-( Just couldn't take the lack of sleep any more. And they'll be wanting a lot more of my time in the doc program.

Peachy, are you feeling better?

Hi to everyone!
  • Kiwi, wait. Digit reducing?
  • Quote:
    One of the benefits of being middle aged.
    --- I know, Kiwi, I can hardly wait until I'm officially a geezer, then we can act horrendous and blame it on old age.

I hope you're not going to the Dr. b/c you've reduced one of your digits, Ms. Kiwonk.

Peach, you're sick. You're not supposed to accomplish anything. Has it been so long since you had any leisure time that you've forgotten how to rest???? Rest. Get better. --- that story about the cell phones is ridiculous. There should be a school policy that any cell phone or bag, etc. brought onto school property is subject to search and seizure. These are kids, not full grown adults. They don't get the same privacy levels as adults have. They need help growing up into decent ppl. That's our job to help them with.

Hi Cherry! we must have posted at the same time. This grandchild favoritism thing just makes me crazy. I mean not every kid is the same, but I think it's up to the grandparent to make the effort to find something in each kid to develop a bond with. After all, supposedly the grandparent is the adult. Grandpa Jim is famous for his favoritism. He has one grandson who is his golden child - the thing is, it was always hard for the favored kid b/c all the other grandchildren hated him for it and it wasn't even his (the grandson's) doing. ---- way to go on eating well and also for knowing when too much is too much and quitting the job.