New here

• Hi I am new here but not new to South Beach Diet. I have been doing since April 1, 2006 and have lost 24 lbs.. So exicted about that. I live in Texas. I am a single mom of one daughter (20 yr old) and a grandson (5 months old). I am 52 yrs old.

I need some good recipes for phase 1 and 2. I am so tired of scrambled eggs and omelettes. They are great in a pinch but darn you can only eat so many. I need good breakfast recipes as well as lunch. I tend to eat leftovers for dinner since I am the only one home then. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • to 3FC and to The Beach, Countryangel! You will find lots of ideas and support in this group.

Please be sure to explore the rest of the South Beach site. There are lots of Phase I and II breakfast recipes in the Recipe Section and lots of helpful hints in the FAQ Section.

Congratulations on your loss so far. I bet you are thrilled.
  • Welcome! What part of Texas are you from? I'm an Austinite.
  • Welcome! Kiko and I are from the Dallas area. Ruth is right. The recipe section here has lots of good recipes. My favorite breakfast is oatmeal with Splenda and cinnamon and fruit chopped up. Sometimes I'll make a breakfast burrito with Eggbeaters, cheese, and a whole wheat tortilla.

What kind of lunch ideas are you looking for? I'm usually eating in the office at work so I tend to bring leftovers but sometimes I'll cook for lunch if I am home.
  • ohmygosh I did not realize how many Texans there are here! I am just ever so southwest of Houston (Sugar Land).
  • Gee everyone I am from a little old town called Bryan anyone ever heard of it. lol.. might not but everyone has heard of Texas A&M University.. Bryan-College Station is what everyone thinks of
  • to the Beach, countryangel!
  • and to the beach! You will get a lot of support here. I know I will be sticking around here because everyone is so helpful and just wonderful!
  • Countryangel!!!!
  • I am new too! Welcome!
  • from another Texan!
  • I live in Texas also. I'm trying the South Beach diet too. Although, on the weekends I'm using the 35 pts. from WW. Hah!
  • You'll love the recipes here!! I have remind myself that I knew some good ones before I found this site or I'll cook only from this message board! I love the mushroom pizzas and the taco bake!! YUM YUM!!!

congratulations on the weight you've already lost!! Wonderful progress!!!!
  • CountryAngel! I, personally, hate eggs and never eat them. Here's a great post full of ideas for egg-alternative breakfasts:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57532

Glad to have you with us...congrats on getting healthy!