Procrastinator's Checklists

• Sometimes when we're in a slump it's sooo easy to just let things slide. I'm so easily knocked off course, derailed, distracted ... Yesterday, I made a public list and I stuck to it ... even tho we had a couple of things thrown in (a huge accomplishment for me).

Please join me if you are challenged in the same way.

I have to go fetch some decent food and soon ... before I eat crap instead.
    It's very very hot here so I'm going to take this opportunity to do a few things in the basement and aerobic down there.
    I should clean both toilets and wipe both bathroom sinks and counters.
    Of course the kitchen needs tidying.
    I need to check the chickens and the garden.
    I need to make my bed.
    I'm not sure about laundry but I can usually find a load to do.
    And I must get the towels in that have been out over night ... I guess there's one thing I didn't accomplish
  • I bought some lovely low fat proteins and things that grow.
    It's very very hot here so I'm going to take this opportunity to do a few things in the basement and aerobic down there.
    I should clean both toilets and wipe both bathroom sinks and counters.
    Of course the kitchen needs tidying.
    Done and done. I need to check the chickens and the garden.
    I need to make my bed.
    I'm not sure about laundry but I can usually find a load to do. Or two
    Done. And I must get the towels in that have been out over night
  • I <3 Lists!
    I'm a listmaker and a procrastinator, so I can definitely benefit in joining you on this.
    • Fill some prescriptions.
    • Exercise. I've been putting it off for DAYS because of the heat.
    • Mend some clothes (take them in, fix hems, etc.).
    • Sort socks. Ugh.
    • Clean the bathroom, especially the tub.
    • Organize paperwork and filing.
    • Update some music onto my iPod.
    • Read a few books I've borrowed from people.
    • Drop off a few things at the Salvation Army.
    • Sell some furniture and bike stuff on craigslist.
  • Procrasinator? That definately describes me. I'm in.
    Today's list for the remainder of the day:
    Do my push.tv workout
    Do a cardio workout
    Clean the bathroom
    Clean the kitchen
    Straighten up and vacuum living room and bedroom
    List 10 items on ebay
    It's still early hopefully I can get it all in
  • Now that I work (I'm off for the summer) I find myself rebelling on being a house mom too. (I was a stay at home mom for 7 years). I used to be so much more super organized than I am now. I went through a grieving and mad at myself period and now I know I need a break from all of that and do something else for a change (work..I love it). I do what I need and move on. Here is a list of things I WOULD do if I was doing the house mom thing again.

1. Spreadsheet my budget...every few days I would put new data in and watch the numbers at the bottom change in each column. I would know where I'm spending too much money throughout the month.
    2. Have a list for weekly chores (and have the days to correspond with whenever possible..ie, monday was my big chore day where I did everything, friday was my pick up date and doing the chores I do twice a week) (some done daily, weekly, others done biweekly and some twice a week). Now I do what it takes to keep from feeling disgusted.
    3. Have a list of projects and organization tasks to do around the house. (Now I do what keeps me from being disgusted...I don't organize like I used to but this summer I did organize my closet..does that count?!!)
    4. Have a calandar of things kids can do around town (organized events). I do this some, but not as much.
    5. Have cooking menus and actually cook them!
    6. Rotate my pantry so I don't waste food and money.
    7. Cut Coupons.
    8. Have more consistency with my kids. Occasionally I make charts of areas I need them to improve on. I try but I admit that I struggle with this these days.

These days I do good to remember things..like my next doc appt.
  • I got everything done except the cardio and bathrooms. DH was roofing this morning and they sent him home when it got too hot. We cleaned out our closet! I did lots of trips up and down with boxes and bags.
    So slightly derailed but productive none the less. I'm going to have a shower in a few minutes here and might still get at least one bathroom wiped up.
  • Ha, here's what I completed:

* Fill some prescriptions.
    * Exercise. I've been putting it off for DAYS because of the heat.
    * Mend some clothes (take them in, fix hems, etc.). (I asked my mom to do it)
    * Sort socks. Ugh.
    * Clean the bathroom, especially the tub.
    * Organize paperwork and filing.
    * Update some music onto my iPod.
    * Read a few books I've borrowed from people.
    * Drop off a few things at the Salvation Army.
    * Sell some furniture and bike stuff on craigslist.