DH couldn't make it one day

• So let me explan all my emotions:
    First, he has already lost 60 pounds over the last 18 months....and by not even trying of course.
    Second, It is NOT that hard to stick to.
    Third, I want to be able to lose like that
    Fourth, He is such a quitter.

Ok so the main emotion I see in all this is Jealousy with a but of underlying anger....

Now, after spending 65$ to start on the website(for him) and buying all the SBD foods he is not sure he is going to stick to it.
    Doofus
  • Throw down the gauntlet and challenge him to see who can lose the most weight in 5mths. Loser does chores for the winner in two weeks and takes the winner out to dinner. If he still refuses, u can use the website for yourself. Although I don't think it's necessary 'cause I've been able to lose weight without it. Still 65 bucks for this program is a steal.
  • Well, the 65$ is only for 3 months!

I have found the same resources here for FREE!!!! LOL!!!
    He is back on it today, but he makes no guarantees.....
  • My3, does he need to lose the weight?

I'm with FO...it's hard for men to ignore a challenge. And you can always throw in a sexual favor or two to spice things up a little. I once heard of a man so desperate to lose weight that he wrote a check for $20,000 to a neo-**** group (he was Jewish) and gave it to a friend with instructions to mail it if he didn't lose X amount of pounds by a certain date. It worked!

I do believe, though, that the only way you lose the weight and keep it off is if you do it for you!
  • I'd have to second beachgal here. It will only be temporary if he's doing for any reason other than "he's ready." My DF has tried every monday for about a year now to "eat better this week." That went out the window by lunch on Tuesday. Then he was finally ready. He's cheated more that I like but he's kicking my but in weight loss so not much I can say to him.

I'm glad to see you spelled out your own emotions about the situation though. - You can't change him. All you can do is address how you react to him. I felt all those things every single tuesday. I feel them somewhat every time he cheats but it's not worth it to me right now to let the emotions get too far with me because then I'll cheat out of spite. (I know - I've seen me do it!).

Good luck!!
  • OK, yes he is overweight. He is 6' and weighs 256...he has done great as he WAS 300 when our last baby was born almost 2 years ago.

I guess I was so swept away by the SBD book.....He has a strong family hx of diabetes as well as his grandfather died of a MASSIVE heart attack in his early 40's.
    I just want him to be healthy.....

I know he'll do it in his own time and in his own way.

I am just so gung ho....he should be too! LOL!!!