Said NO to Dairy Queen

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have a family reunion coming up next week, and my Mom and I challenged each other to lose 5 lbs. This morning I weighed 204...and my challenge goal weight is 203.5..so I'm almost there! So for the past week, my co-workers have been talking about Dairy Queen every day! Today, on my suggestion, they went over to Dairy Queen. I feel it's a big step that even though I suggested the Dairy Queen run, I didn't go with..and I'm not getting anything!
  • Allikat! Excellent! I feel like a hero when I don't partake in that stuff, too.
  • Ok...Part 2! They came back from DQ with a box of reduced-fat Dilly Bars....and shoved them right under my face and said "We bought these and I told so and so that you'd have one.." I looked at the nutritional information (220 calories) and immediately said "No thanks." Then I had to apologize for not eating it! Sheesh!
  • OK, that's like five times as excellent!
  • Great job Allikat...that's awesome!!!! My co-workers are always ordering pizza...it seems like it's been every night lately......it's so unfair...but so far...I've politely said no every time..it's hard though..so I know where you are coming from. I see you are in Minneapolis.......I'm in Western Wisconsin...about 45 minutes from the cities. It was HOT today....so it's even more amazing that you were able to say no to a cool treat...you rock!!!

Hugs,
    Liv
  • Thats great!
  • That's great!! Talk about your peer pressure
  • Great for you! DQ Moolattes are my weakness. I'm proud of you!
  • Good For You!!!!!
  • LOL I can relate! Today I heard a TV ad for caramel chip cheesecake blizzards. For one moment my ears perked up! There is a DQ a couple blocks from where I live... but I quickly shoved the thoughts back down. Ain't gonna happen LOL.
  • Thanks for the encouraging words everyone! It was super hot here yesterday Liv..and I haven't had DQ for months, but I amazingly had the will power to not get anything...twice!
  • Yay for you. Old habits die hard... but they DO die if we stomp on them hard enough.
  • DQ has some Raspberry Vanilla, Orange Cream and Fudge Vanilla sugar free bars that are only 60 calories and are really good!!
  • WTG for resisting the temptation even when they had them right there under your nose trying to get you to eat one!!
  • I know first hand how hard it is to keep away from DQ ... my house is just 3 blocks away from one ... way to be Allikat!