Garlic Cubes at Trader Joes (why didn't someone think of this sooner)

• I just have to share... I found this great product at Trader Joe's. It's minced fresh garlic, frozen in little cubes. It comes in a little ice-cube trayesque packages, with each cube equal to 1 clove of garlic, and has 20 cubes for about $2. It actually tastes like fresh garlic as opposed to the minced garlic you buy in a jar, which I've had to settle for until now. The brand that they sell is Dorcot (or is it Dorzot, I'll check!) I did see it at Stop & Shop supermarkets too, but it was about $3.

They also have the basil, cilantro and parsley in the same style. I love it, and I even use it in certain salads. So if I am making a tomato salad I'll add one garlic cube and one basil cube, just mashing it will the back of a spoon and letting it melt down.

For any garlic lovers out there this is a food staple.
  • I saw those last time I went and wondered if they'd be a good buy. Guess I'll have to add them to my list for the next visit! Thanks for sharing.
  • Wow sounds wonderful! I never use garlic because I don't want to chop it up! I will have to check this out.