Independancin' hay cows

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
    Doesn't that make you feel above average?

Quote: Kiwi, beware bonding too much with the BF. As soon as I start loving them too, my girls dump them and the loss is too much. I don't want to meet them anymore unless nuptuals are in the offing.
    Too late. I just hope all the various family members from both sides will forgive the kids if they break up. They're childhood friends though, I imagine they will at least stay friends in the long run.

I'm on my way south next week -- anyone want to have a girls night out at the beach?

Marshall Tucker was a hoot. The concert was outdoors at a fairgrounds in a town 100 miles from nowhere. The crowd was a really ragged bunch -- we looked maybe a little too respectable! It was fun though, very casual atmosphere, no obnoxious people surprisingly. I'm convinced the fan base was so old they didn't have the energy to be obnoxious... (Yeah, they were about my age...) The band was pretty aged itself, except for an infant drummer and the lead guitarist who came onboard a dozen years ago from the Outlaws. I loved the guy who played the flute, sax and keyboards; he was awesome, long white hair flowing. It was the most relaxed concert venue I've been to in years. Even most outdoors I've been to lately are pretty tightly controlled, but not this one. You paid or showed your ticket when you drove onto the grounds, then you could go back and forth to your car as you pleased, sit in the stands or set up chairs. I took Jet with us and went back a couple of times to take her out and run her around the place. Even DD and bf enjoyed the concert, music elite that they are...

Kiwi
  • Frappe, as long as they weren't chocolate covered cherries I think you're ok. Next time I'm in Caroliner, I'll be sure and call you and Schatz for a girl's night out.

Kiwi, if you come to the Oregon beach I could make it.

I had a loverly weekend all by myself. Friday night went shopping after work, was disgusted with myself so I met my sister & niece for dinner. Did all my house stuff early, then took my mom to my friend's shop so she could spend her Christmas gift certificate from me. Then went to a bbq, then out to a movie w/ a couple friends. Sunday I went to a free class on using color in the garden. It's a good thing we're moving, because after going to that class, I feel like starting over in my yard. Then DH got home and we went out to dinner. It's a good thing he's not gone every weekend, or I'd be tired out.
  • Did I mention that DDIL has lost all her baby weight? She's lost 72 pounds in the last 4 1/2 months. That's from after baby was born. I don't know how much more she weighed pre-birth. Amazing, huh? That's what determination and youth will do for you. She looks absolutely gorgeous.
  • Quote: Did I mention that DDIL has lost all her baby weight?
    I hate her. My baby is going off to college and I still have every bit of baby weight hanging around looking like crap.

I mean Congratulations to DDIL. Good for her.

I have to get planning for the beach. We had a lightning storm today and it fried the modem in the other puter. Mine still works. harhar.

Later kiddies.

Kiwi
  • Oh my! By the time I get through reading all this it will be next week. Still here, still fat, still in manic "get ALL the laundry done before we leave" mode. I swear that this time I will NOT still be packing in the middle of the night.

Was downtown yesterday and caught my reflection in a store window. Positively matronly. Gone are the days when I used to have a waist.
  • Off to LA tomorrow. Today I get to clean the house, run 10000 errands, do laundry and pack.

Don't know what my computer situation will be since I will be jumping from house to house. If I don't "see" you till I get back.....be good or be careful!
  • I haven't been here. I hurt my back.. and just not in the mood. I'm better today.. and am staring at the Dreadmil. I must do something.. I feel like the ever expanding woman. Thank Gawd for elastic.

Berry - sorry I missed you .I promise I will come to harass you

Sugar- you are adorable. smart and gajaws dahlink.
  • have a nice vacation kiwonkers!!!---you too frappalicious!! and SUGAR!!!! hurry back to CAnaDA===we MISS you here!!!!!----- sorry about your back shatz!!! don't let that dreadmill scare you--just drape some laundry over it and poof,GONE!!---i have been awol cause i am going to visit my friend whose wife is having chemo and i had to work full time in the shop in order to get those days off {can't have the staff working overtime--can't afford it!!!}the tourists are out and about so that is good---FINALLY!!! we have one cruise ship per week so that certainly helps.THE FOG IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!!!! I SWEAR THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE IN NORTH AMERICA WHERE YOU DON'T NEED AIR CONDITIONING IN YOUR CAR OR YOUR HOUSE!!! EFFIN DRIVES ME NUTS------------now i have to go get my jacket on and clean the garage----crap!
  • Are Schatzi and I the only ones left to hold down the fort around here? You'd think summer is for vacations. I don't know if we're going to get away or not this summer. Drat.

Bagzie, I'm truly sorry that you're still in the fog. That sunshine is so healing. How far would you have to drive to find a spot of sun?

I hope all you vacationers have fun! 'bye if I don't see you back here before you go!!!!
  • So Frappie's leaving tomorrow, I'm leaving Friday, when are you leaving, Sugar? I am entirely unprepared. Tonight I think I'll map out my trip and look into some hotels. I spent the whole afternoon up at doggie friend's camp drinking beer, dodging thunderstorms, and letting the doggies play. I can't deal with real life anymore. I am so p-o'ed at DH that this is a bad time to be going away on a vacation. He is staying home. I would like to say, "to get some things done", but I know better. Here's why I am in a snit today: I tried to get DD an appointment with my gynecologist and they wouldn't see her because she is on state health insurance (i.e. the free kind). I don't blame the dr., I blame DH for not getting a freaking job and taking care of his family.

And in other news...

Sorry to hear that your back is paining you, Schatzi. And just when I was going to come by and take you out dancing! Hope it feels better soon.

Bagz, you won't find much sunshine here either. It comes and goes. Alternating with rain. Not cold though. You could definitely come here to warm up.

Where's Peachbum?

Kiwi
  • I haven't seen Peaches. Don't know what she's been up to. She has a pair of unfinished socks at her blog, though. Maybe she's working on those.

Sorry things are going snitty for you Kiwi. Use your vacation to un-snit yourself.

Wish I was going on vacation. Wish I had something fascinating to say.

I still haven't bought the mu-mu for the luau/wedding on Saturday.
  • Don't make me talk to myself.
  • I'm still here. Hi Wabbit! Our plans have changed just a bit, because the mother of a classmate of DD's died yesterday and DD and the friend who's coming with us both want to go to the wake. So I am no longer in a hurry to pack (What? Me hurry?) We will probably be leaving tomorrow afternoon.

I guess I should change my 21 day challenge line, considering I got stalled at 5 days and haven't exactly returned to it at all. While I'm on vacation I will probably be able to follow it: it's so much easier to pig out at night when you're home. So tonight, back to day 1. No porking out after 11 PM.

Ohmygod it's hot here still. Looking forward to 20 hours of driving and long traffic jams in my air conditioned car. Well, I'm looking forward to the air conditioning. And the getting there.

Do you realize that above the message box on the reply page, there is the word "unmentionables"? Go look.

Kiwi
  • It's DH's 51st birthday. I don't know how I got hooked up w/ such an old guy. Hee.

Kiwi, sorry to hear bad news from Deepinthewoodsville. How is DD's friend holding up? Terrible way for this girl to remember her senior year.

I'm sooo very tahred today. I think I'm going to take DH out for a couple of drinks tonight.... the herd seems to have thinned out a bit.
  • Congrats to Mr. Wabbit on his birthday. What an advanced age that is......she says, knowing that she will be there in 4 months..... Am I really 50? I've forgotten.

I'm not sure how the girl's doing; she and DD aren't really friends so she hasn't gone over to see her. But from all reports she is trying to cope. She has been arranging what music to have at the funeral, and has asked several of the girls to sing, including DD, so it may be that we will stay home an extra day and go to the funeral on Saturday and then head out to NC. Depends on whether the girls are willing to skip a beach day for this; I've told them I will be flexible. Of course this would be easier to figure out if DD hadn't taken off to the city with bf several hours ago and not called since. At least 4 people have called looking for her. I'm just hanging out here by myself (except for the dog, the cats and the bats) plugging away at various chores, avoiding packing...

Kiwi