I Just can't Do This

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Tee hee well I guess we are all so different. I think those 100 calorie packs are just another con to keep people eating junk food. There are lots of healthful foods one can pack into small snack packages. I agree with you about the red bell pepper strips... also almonds or other nuts are good in small amounts.
  • I have pretty much weaned myself of cookies, muffins, doughnuts and the like. I not a real chocolate lover and never ate a lot of candy bars (but don't show me some licorace!). I agree that the 100 cal packs are just feeding that habit, but hey, if it works for you and they don't set you up to want more, great!

I try to have protein with most meals/snacks. Recently my favorite snacks are cottage cheese with fruit or a hard boiled egg or an apple or other fruit. Since I can't bite into apples (accident years ago knocked out front teeth and the bridge isn't that strong) I cut them into slices at home and they're ready to go in a ziplock back whenever I feel the need.
  • Wasn't able to post this past weekend. I've been going to bed at 6:30 p.m. and working till 2:30 p.m. the following day for the past few days. Overtime is finished for now. I go on vacation starting Sat. and I have almost 3 weeks off. Thanks for the support. I never had a weight problem until I heard of 5-6 meals a day. I was always around 135 for years. I've done every program known to man, but never stick with them. I have said in an earlier post that I workout with a personal trainer twice a week. I know enough about lifting that I don't need a trainer, but she kicks my butt . She tells me not to worry about the scale, but I do (constantly). I've only been with her for 3 weeks so it's early yet. I haven't been able to get in all my cardio this past week. I only got in 4 days due to work schedule. Twice at gym and twice walking. Walking doesn't feel like cardio to me. I'm so used to beating myself up and having aches and pains afterwards. I have my Slim In 6 tapes and I think I'm going to start them again. Diet is 80% of the game and that's where I fail. I know I eat junk more often than I should, but I really don't think I eat enough calories. Well, I'm going to go to bed, I'm beat!

Mary Ann
  • Mary Ann... just one suggestion. You need to STOP thinking "I can't do this" and start focusing on the positive steps you are taking... you CAN do it.
  • Quote: Diet is 80% of the game and that's where I fail. I know I eat junk more often than I should, but I really don't think I eat enough calories.
    Mary Ann
    I don't know if you track your calories, but I think you need to. I am willing to bet that if you are eating junk more often than you should that you are probably getting more calories than you should as well. And even if you are watching your calories, it does matter where those calories come from. Make a move to lean proteins, veggies, fruits and whole grains... find foods you like and start incorporating them into your day - I agree with the others, if you don't like what you bring, you won't eat it.
    If you are currently eating a really high carb diet (refined processed food), you might see better results and feel better if you cut some carbs (or switch to healthier carbs) and get more protein in.
    You can do this!!! And you need to believe in yourself to do the right thing to become healthy.
  • You're right! I went to the gym this morning and did my cardio and legs. I talked with over with my PT and we both agreed that I am one of those people that needs cardio. My meals aren't 100% squeaky clean, but there not bad either. My DH and I are going to the shore on Sat. and we walk the beach every morning. I thought I'd take my pedometer with me and keep track of my miles.

Mary Ann
  • You sound like someone I know. So down on yourself for no reason.

BELIEVE in yourself! Believe that you can do it and you will! When I was at my highest (176) I found it impossible to lose weight. I thought "man I can never get back down to what I used to be because I'm just so lazy and I won't stick with it and I enjoy eating all these fatty, cheesy foods so forget it!" Well, it took one look in the mirror (a good, LONG look) where I was SO disgusted with what I saw and what I had become that I decided "the **** with it - I'll give it my best shot for a couple of weeks and see what happens" and the rest is history - still have more pounds to lose but the fact that I've lost some so far and people have commented on me looking good is what keeps me going. Plus, I'm determined this is the last time I'm going to lose weight. From now on, it's maintenance for life (after I lose of course). So keep yourself going. Think about all the good things in your life so far and the good decisions you've made - workwise or foodwise and it will keep you going. Right now I have a mental counter for how many weeks I can resist Chinese take out. Love it, but I know it's detrimental to my psyche. Anyway, hope something in this ramble helped...
  • Yep, I need to motivate myself. I posted my meals for today on Fitday. I think it looks pretty good. Trial and error will tell me if my carbs maybe contributing to not losing weight. I also have a Drs. appt. for a complete physical and bloodwork. I still think it's the lack of cardio. Check it out, see what you think.

Mary Ann
  • Quote: I too have trouble with my busy schedule and finding time to make time for myself. I watch what I eat and try to exercise. I just find it hard to find the time for "exercise". I am worth finding the time for me. Keep hanging in there. I know that it sure helps to know that we aren't alone in this battle.
    I think that is one of the most important things......putting exercise in your schedule like everything else. I'm working on that now.....
  • I agree that exercise is so important. It can be hard to fit it in, but it is essential to just make time somehow for it and DO it.