Joining in!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello, all!

My name is Jennifer--Jenn--and I have 116 lbs to lose. I just joined LA Weight Loss and am posting on that forum on 3FatChicks as well.

I have been joking to my dh that I am going to be losing my inner child--an adolescent at this size! I figure I can joke about it and it will be that much easier. It was quite a shock to find that my thigh measurement is one inch larger than my high school waist measurement!!!!

Anyway, I have already gleaned a lot from reading past posts. Thanks a lot! I hope to be some help to others as well, when I get my feet under me here, that is.
  • Hello Jen, and WELCOME! I am a newbie of this section of 3FC as well...looking forward to getting to know you! How do you like LA weight loss? I see their commercials here all the time, but I don't know anyone who's tried it. Good luck to you!
  • Welcome, Jen! Great to see new people swell our ranks (rather than water swelling our feet!).. .

okay, that was dorky - -sorry!
  • Thanks for the welcome, Cassie. I am only on the 2nd day of LA Weight Loss, so I am not sure how much I like it yet. Safe to say, I am financially committed, however!! Several friends and family have joined LAWL and have had tremendous success. I really needed to do something and felt like this was it. My dh is very supportive of me, as are my children.

I want to buy regular clothes again--and be excited to go shopping. I want to be able to hike and play with my family--and actually DESIRE to exercise. I want to be a healthy example to my children.
  • Thanks, Heather, for your welcome, too! I have been pumping the water and doing the first two days of LAWL (Take Off) that I don't think I will be worrying about swollen feet today. I have a path worn to the bathroom!!
  • Jenn!! Welcome!

It's so cool to meet a fellow homeschooler here!! yeah!! Today was kind of my first day back. I'm not sure what plan I'm on .. but over all it was a good day. No junk food and no soda. Congrats on the 3 lbs lose.. you are on your way!

Dana
  • Dana--

Thanks!!! I guess my name is a little obvious, hmmm? :LOL: I have 3 kids (15, 12, 7) and have homeschooled from the beginning. So, people think I have LOTS of free time when they learn I don't work outside the home...I just need to invite them over for the day, right?

Actually, it is a 2.6 lb loss.... The ticker doesn't work in tenths. Rounding works, however!

I love scrapbooking, too! I just have NO time and NO space, so I have a bunch of supplies that have been stored for the past year. ugh. I also LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY. I am in the market for a good Digital SLR. I am supposed to shoot my niece's wedding in September, but my camera just won't cut it in the low light.

Anyhoo...thanks for the welcome!
  • okay Jenn.. we have a lot in common... kind of freaky We just went to a wedding over the weekend - took 121 pictures I love to take pictures!

I have two children, Sara - 6 and Elijah 16 months.
    What state are you in? We live in WI - a great state to homeschool

Is your dh going to do the diet plan with you?
  • I too had a wake up call about the thigh to high school waist size ratio only my thigh measurement was 6" larger than what my waist was in high school EEEEK!!!! This so far has been a great place for encouragement and learning so I am glad you are here.

Trish
  • Good job on the pics!!! Way to hold back. I routinely fill up my memory card and have to download to the laptop. I joke that I will have to join Photographers Anonomous, but my daughter says there's NOTHING anonomous about me!

We live in AZ--another great state to homeschool.

DH is not doing the plan with me, per se, but is trying to lose some weight. He is doing a modified South Beach on his own and benefitting from all of the stuff I will be learning and cooking at home. He is a firefighter, so he lives at the station at least a third of the time. He likes to cook and does so on his truck's turn, so that is a good thing...firefighters really can cook! They generally eat pretty healthy.
  • Welcome Jenn, I am a newcomer here as well. My Mom did LA Weight Loss and really liked it, she didn't have a great deal to lose, but she did well on it and didn't seem to feel deprived. I love their Bars, the chocolate mint are my favorite, they are very filling and good for that sweet tooth. They are expensive though! My Mom wanted me to join but I just could not afford it, I think sometimes that financial commitment helps you stick it out though!! And that incentive to earn back part of what you paid has to help too! I look forward to getting to know you better. I have 3 kids too, they are a handful even if you don't homeschool!!
  • Trish--Sounds to me like you had a tiny waist in high school--had me beat, anyway! Isn't it cool we are DOING something about it, now?

Thanks for the encouragement and welcome!
  • Cool! I didn't know there were other homeschoolers around here! I probably would have known had I said "Hi, I'm Barb, and I homeschool my kids".

Hi Jenn!
  • Hi Jenn ... welcome! I tried LAWL before, but it wasn't for me, but I know there are a those who have had lots of success with it! It certainly helps to have the right mindset, and perhaps I didn't at the time or maybe I was doing it all for the wrong reasons. No matter. Anyway, glad to have you join us! It's a great group full of supportive helpful people no matter what program or weight loss style you have.
  • Melody,

Thanks for the encouragement! I haven't tried the LA Lites, yet. Tomorrow is my first "regular" day on the plan. I am looking forward to it (yeah, a glutton for punishment!). I know the bars are going to be COSTLY--more than my joining, I am sure, but I am going to do them for a while, anyway. I have this problem about taking liberties with a weight loss plan and letting it get away from me. I need to keep it and myself under control, iykwim.

It helps the bars are supposed to taste good!! These last two days have been hard with no sweets or breads (carbs!!!!!! Give 'em here!). I didn't get a choc mint bar in my sample pack. I got a choc cherry that sounds kind of gross! But the choc chip cookie dough sounds great!

Congrats to your mom for her w/l! A friend of mine has lost 60-70 lbs and kept it off for 2 years!!! I wanna do that!!!