Weekly Chat// June 19-25

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Not sure what it is about the weekends that make me think I can eat whatever I want. I do great on the weekdays. But the minute the weekend comes I just blow it. The summer shirts I was wearing last year...my 13 year old is wearing. VERY well by the way! That is NOT a good thing either way. So now that I know weekends are bad for me how do I avoid them? Just shows me I have to work harder at getting back OP!!!!
  • Hi Brenda!
    WOW LOOK AT YOU!!!!! It has been ages since I have talked to you and look at you now! You look soooooo skinny. You must have kept up with the low carb plan. Good for you...you look great!

Me on the other hand....

I check in here once in a while to see who is still around and the last time I was here I didn't see your name. Good to know you are still around.

Jane
  • This weekend was a real sucker....some weekends are worse than others...Father's Day and the Dairy Queen Cake...yikes! But this week will be better! So far this morning I have had SF jello with whipped cream and a few almonds. I always have a different mindset on the weekend and I need to make changes....let me know if you have any bright ideas....
  • Jane: How's it going? There was a short time when I wasn't posting. Glad to see you're still around

Idealperson: When you figure out how to get through the weekend OP let me know. I've got the same problem!

It's noon and it doesn't look like I've got a lot accomplished in the house--even though I've been cleaning. This sucks! I've got half my water in, though. And it looks like I won't be getting exercise in. I'll settle for the water, eating OP and getting my house cleaned!! Well, break's over so it's time to get back to it.
  • Cleaning the house is exercise! What part of Wisconsin are you from? I am drinking my water and had a LC lunch...so far so good! Let's work on a plan to beat the binge next weekend!
  • I am with you guys on the weekend binge thing. I ate corn one night and a milkshake on another. Did great on Friday. I also have to make time to get online on the weekend to get some support through the rough spots. I still wish I had someone local to call when I am stressing. I moved my weigh day to Mondays. I thought it would encourage me to be good on Sunday, but so far, I still forget. Today's weight showed me down 2 more pounds. I can just kick myself when I think about what I may have lost if I didn't eat off program foods.
  • hi girlies!!!! My mother board bit the dust and I'm sooooo glad I'm finally back online!! WHEW!! lots of new faces already, that is fantastic!!! I'm going to go back and do a lot of reading just wanted to check in here

Lacey
  • hi everyone, I know what you mean about eating too much on weekends. they are harder for me too. This weekend I did great for a change. Only 16 and 18 carbs on Sat. and Sun. plus lots of swimming. Just wasn't very hungry. Today was my worst. About 30 carbs because I had Oats for breakfast. Plan for treadmill tonite. I have noticed that when I am hungry, a cup of coffee will sometimes make me a lot less hungry and I won't eat near as much. Good luck to everyone. I think I've lost another lb. but won't weigh til Thursday. I sure hope so.
  • Well Father's Day weekend was a bust food wise but it sure did feel good. We took Dh out to lunch and I ate a grilled chicken salad but when the bread came I had one piece and also a slice of key lime pie. The pie was sooooo good! I did about the same on Sunday by having another piece of cake at church. I did even worse last night by fixing my kids cupcakes and eating two. I swear once you eat bad just for a little, it's like all the cravings come back. I wonder why it's impossible to just cheat a little and move on? Once I had that key lime pie, I had sugar cravings (obviously) for the rest of the weekend. I haven't gained anything yet but am guessing the scale probally won't move. I am also vacationing all this week and I'm afraid of how I may do. I'm packing a girdle just in case because I bought all new skinny clothes and I want to fit into them. I'm thinking of allowing myself berries so I won't feel deprived and be too tempted to eat junk. I'm just at 185 and that is just not enough weight loss for me. Perhaps if I were in the 160's I would feel better but I am only halfway to wear I would feel comfortable. I am really starting to think there is only so much weight I can lose before the woe gets to me and I think I am at that point. Help!

SIO
  • Tuesday
    IP: What kind of plan do you have in mind for the weekend? And I made my DH a promise I wouldn't tell people where we lived (people online that is. lol). What are the chances we live close enough though? LoL

Robin: How's it going?

Chris: WTG on the 2 pounds!! And good luck on the changing the date of WI!

Lacey: Welcome back!

Lily: WTG staying OP (even with the oats, I'd call it a success!) and the swimming had to have worn those off. Keep up the great work!!

SIO: Definitely add berries if you think you're getting limited! It'll add a bit of variety and let you continue on with the success you've been having. And I know what you mean about the "little" thing leading to more cravings!!

Yesterday was a good day. I got all my water in, PLUS the living room is pretty clean (considering what it used to look like it looks good now. lol). I ate a few more carbs than I wanted only because I had a last minute errand to run and then supper to think about and what I ate was worth 21 carbs alone. But it was SOOO good! It was some type of garlic shrimp thing. Anyway, I only ate half of it, but it was still too many carbs. But not going to sweat that as I did good the rest of the day I even drank a soda (which I want to cut out of my "menu" again) . Maybe what I should do is have soda that has splenda in stock along w/DH's soda. That way if I've GOT to have a soda at least I'll have something that might not stall me. Well, today's another day.
  • Good Morning

Its going alot better Brenda, thanks

Lacey~ I wondered where you got to....thought the new house was taking up alot of your time. Guess not, welcome back!!

Well yesterday was my first 100% op day in weeks!!!!!! Im very proud of myself too!!

Im going to have another one today!

Have a good one!
  • Good morning all!
    Feel like I'm off to a good start this week. really pushing the exercise. In fact I hope that I won't show a gain or no loss because of it. I really want to hit my challenge goal and it's not looking good. Maybe I will focus more on cardio this week instead of resistance just to work off calories .
    i could use some good inner thigh exercises and something to work the area under my armpit like around from my boobs. I have this roll there just doesn't want to budge.I'd probably go down 2 bra sizes if I could get rid of that!

Welocme back Lacey! How's the challenge going for you?

Mschrish - 2 lbs. is good! Some weeks I'd kill for that! We re about even with the challenge lbs to lose. So I know how you feel. I figured I'll just do the best I can at this point. Would really love to see 5 lbs gone this week but I think those days are over!

Lillybelle - Way to go! I can't wait for thursday! good luck

SIO - I wish I had the magic answer for you! ThankGod, I don't even crave sweets now. IF anything I miss having a bowl of cereal and stuff like that. When you asked how come you couldn't just cheat and then move on - You could ask the same about a drug addict or alcoholic messing up once and then just moving on. Just doesn't work that way if you are addicted to something and it sounds as if you are. Just keep your on the prize! You are doing really well . I try to do it in 10 lbs increments. Just think you are away from the 200's (hopefully) for ever! and done with the 190's as well. Don't think about 150. Think that you are only 5 lbs away from your next goal of being in the 170's ! It works for me. How long have you been OP? Perhaps you need to just STAY AWAY from all that tempts you. I had a problem with cake and cupcakes in the beginning so I stopped making them for my kids for a while. Hey, they are better off for it too when you think about it.
    Just keep positive thoughts!

Brenda - Ihope things are going better for you and you get back on track 100% soon. what kind of soda has splenda??

Robinw - Yipee for you! way to go! Doesn't it feel good to say that you gave it 100% ?

Idealperson - I don't know if you couuld do this but in the beginning for me I would just stay clear of the kitchen the best I could. I didn't cook anyones meals. I made my husband cook for himself and the kids. I would get myown meal and eat before them. I know, great family weekend! But it was only for a couple of weeks until I saw weight loss and that made it easier.

Have a good day all!
    Maggie
  • Great ideas! My weekend plan is to stock up on veggies and have my hubby do alot of grilling-healthy and no work for me! I also have a garden I should give some attention to and mow the lawn for exercise! That's my plan and I should stick to it!

Lady A.... I live on the beautiful Mississippi!
  • To those I remember from before (Brenda and Robin!), and to those I haven't met yet....I'M BACK!

Missed all of you so much, missed my WOE, missed everything about this site. Quick catch up since a year or so ago. I'm put on some of my weight (but not, thankfully, all) after discovering that my husband of 15 years had managed to remain faithful for all of about 2 months of that time. The divorce was final in March (gotta love Arizona -- takes only a few months to legally obliterate any semblance of your married life). My 12-year-old DD and I are now squeaking by in an apartment where we are licking our wounds and trying to get back on track. My self-esteem, obviously, took a massive hit, and I need to come back here for the support and to give myself a fighting chance. I began anew again today with Atkins and am 100% dedicated to getting my WOE and my figure back.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone again. Hey Brenda -- doyou still have your antler ring?