Good Commercials

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: But my favorite of all time is from the 80's for the arcade game, Burgertime. The guy comes up to a fast-food drive up window and sees a giant hot dog chasing other food around the kitchen and next thing you know the hot dog comes up to the window and yells, "WE'RE CLOSED NOW!!" and slams the sliding door shut on the guy. I don't know why, but that just always cracked me up!!
    OMG- I am printing this out and showing to my husband. I was trying to describe that commercial to Matt, and Rob swore I was making it up. Matt thought it was hilarious though.

I just searched YouTube and found it...OMG the memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODv4t...rch=burgertime

I like the one where the guy walks into a convenient store, talking to a client on a hands-free phone, and he keeps saying "You're being robbed"... the clerk thinks he's holding up the store and beats him up.
  • Thanks for the flashback!! It's so....80's!!!
  • Oh gosh! Alot of commercials crack me up. Off the top of my head: that commercial for California cows when the bulls were playing football and they kicked the ball into the pasture with the cows and the cows were making them say stuff to get the ball back. 'Are cows pretty?' Bull: 'Cows are pretty.' '*gasp* Would you marry a cow?' It's just too cute!

There's also this radio commercial for McDonald's that came on once when I was in the car with my stepdad a few years back. All it was was little kids giggling and laughing. That's all. It was so cute then this little kid came on with these hilarious laugh and I just burst out laughing. My stepdad gave me that look and said 'oookkkaaayyy...' and I just couldn't stop laughing for a while. I don't know, I'm just silly.
  • Quote:
    There was one that I haven't seen in a while...it was 4 guys...the one comes in and asks them about someone...they are dancing to Push It...a guy is sitting on the desk holding the boom box while the other two are dancing...for the life of me I can't remember what company that was for.
    That's one of my favorites too (and my dad's ) and I'm pretty sure it was UPS or FedEx or some such company. Very cute.
  • Quote:
    Volkwagen used to have really good commercials ...
    ... now they have these really obnoxious ones with some sort of German engineer guy with an accent...ugh, I can't stand those.
    OMG! I LOVE that german guy! - (psssst! guess what? he's NOT really german! Ha!) He plays in the Fox TV show PRISON BREAK. I love it when he says "I'm goin'to PIMP your au-to!" and the way he says Vee-Dub... that just cracks me up!!!!
  • Quote:
    There was one that I haven't seen in a while...it was 4 guys...the one comes in and asks them about someone...they are dancing to Push It...a guy is sitting on the desk holding the boom box while the other two are dancing...for the life of me I can't remember what company that was for.
    I remember that one-it's for Nextel
    http://www.dhadm.com/mediaHolder.php?id=378
  • Quote: I remember that one-it's for Nextel
    http://www.dhadm.com/mediaHolder.php?id=378
    OMG that was hilarious! Thank you!
  • Quote: OMG! I LOVE that german guy! - (psssst! guess what? he's NOT really german! Ha!) He plays in the Fox TV show PRISON BREAK. I love it when he says "I'm goin'to PIMP your au-to!" and the way he says Vee-Dub... that just cracks me up!!!!
    I like those commercials too. I think it's so funny when he's throwing up gang signs that are the symbols for Volkswagon at the end.
  • In Italy they were showing a really great car commercial (I think it was British in origin, with Italian subtitles) featuring John McEnroe. He is in his full tennis gear, beside his car on the street. A policeman is writing a ticket. McEnroe says "It's ON the LINE! It is clearly ON THE LINE!" while pointing to the front tire, which is parked over the legal parking stripe. The officer says, "No, it's over the line, sir". McEnroe has a TRADITIONAL meltdown -- "I cannot BELIEVE this! It's on the line! What are you TALKING about!!! Are you BLIND???" while waving his racket around frantically. The officer says "Put the racket down, sir", and McEnroe imitates him saying "Put the racket down, sir" in a whiny, sarcastic voice while slamming the racket on the ground, then picks it up and kicks it across the street. All the while, the police officer is still writing the ticket.
    I still can't figure out what it has to do with a car, but it sure is funny!
    The one I absolutely HATE at the moment is for Uncle Ben's Rice, where the woman is making dinner, cooks up the rice, and then seems to need the moral support of her husband, who is leaning over her clutching her shoulder while she tries to eat the rice she has just had to cook for herself, and, after tasting it, smiles up at her adoring husband (who isn't eating and has done absolutely nothing towards this dinner) and says "perfection"... YIKES!
  • I love the Geico caveman one where the Geico guy tries to apologize to the caveman over dinner. The look of the caveman that says "I don't have much of an appetite" just cracks me up every time. Also, the one where they film the commercial for Geico and he says "even a caveman could do it" and the set guys are cavemen and slams down his microphone/camera thingy and storms off the set...

here's my all time favorite from Staples - it was at christmas and Staples has come out with this robot that helps pick out gifts for friends/family. So he tells this guy who's looking at a dvd player or something to give a cell phone instead. He says "but she really wants one of these" (pointing to the dvd player). then the robot says, "why don't you get her a camera" and the guy says "but she really wants one of these". So then the robot says "he can't have her, I love her" (referring to the dvd player). the next scene shows the robot trying to wrestle the dvd player from the guy. and the last scene shows the robot saying "weeping, weeping" and a staples sales associate shows him some other gadget and the robot is happy again

I know that made no sense at all...but it was funny...and they don't even show it anymore!!
  • OH! OH! I love Staples back-to-school ads. The best is the little girl that looks like one of the Adams family, she's pouting as her dad puts school supplies in the cart and the little girl says, "I thought the song said, 'schools out forever'" and the father is revealed as Alice Cooper (in full Alice Cooper garb and makeup) and he says, "Actually it says, 'schools out for SUMMER', but that was a nice try." I love that one.

And the other Staples ad is when the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is playing and the dad (not Alice Cooper) is dancing ballet and Grande Jete-ing around the store, practically taunting the kids with school supplies and the kids look positively evil. Staples couldn't possibly be paying their advertising department enough...they are great!!
  • Quote: OH! OH! I love Staples back-to-school ads. The best is the little girl that looks like one of the Adams family, she's pouting as her dad puts school supplies in the cart and the little girl says, "I thought the song said, 'schools out forever'" and the father is revealed as Alice Cooper (in full Alice Cooper garb and makeup) and he says, "Actually it says, 'schools out for SUMMER', but that was a nice try." I love that one.

And the other Staples ad is when the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is playing and the dad (not Alice Cooper) is dancing ballet and Grande Jete-ing around the store, practically taunting the kids with school supplies and the kids look positively evil. Staples couldn't possibly be paying their advertising department enough...they are great!!
    My mama loves those commericials too! Along with those Citi ones.
  • I love almost all the GAP commercials - my favorite one was a few years back, when they did "Jump, Jive & Wail".
  • I like the ones for "The Other White Meat" or pork. My favorite one is where the pork saves the apricot from Lord Chicko Brrrrrrrest, it's hilarious!

I can't find a video for it, but when I do, I'll definitely post on here.
  • I love the comcast internet commercials. The one with the two tortoises - they don't want comcast - they want dial up, cause its so slow.

They are married you know, and in one, they are sitting in bed - a regular bed in a regular house and say they bought this place for the great pond out back (pool). Mrs. Tortoise says something like, "I love the pond, I'm like a fish."

Guess you have to see it.