Injectable Marinades

• Do you think you could use any marinade as an injectable marinade? Or do you have to stick to the ones marked spcifically "injectable marinade"? What do you think? I think you should be able to use any marinade and it would be fine. Or do you think they would be too strong?
  • I'd personally just use whatever marinade I had that I liked. I didn't know there WAS a such thing as "injectable marinades" only.
  • Depends. I know I always water down the Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade when I do a stirfry as it's a little strong and thick (and salty!). if I were going to inject it, I would definitely water it down.

So I guess my answer is if it is on the thick side, I would water it down before injecting.
  • I agree that it all depends - some marinades are meant to do the job very quickly, and are thus much more potent than others that are designed to marinate meat for hours at a time. For the most part, any marinade should work - as mentioned, you may want to thin it, or even cut down on the amounts of some of the more potent ingredients slightly (soy sauce is a perfect example as it can be overwhelmingly salty if injected all through the meat - something chili-based like sambal oelek is another example, as the intensity of the spice would be really, really strong).

Anything along the lines of a vinaigrette-type marinade will work really well this way.