Featherweights-Let's Do Something Silly ...

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • Here goes my first post!
    To get to know each other better. Let me see ....
    1. What's your top weight, current weight and target?
    222/198/178

2. How tall are you?
    5'10

3. What's your family situation?
    Married/Mom to 3 beautiful kids

4. Where do you live?
    Columbus, Ohio

5. One GOOD book.
    Into Thin Air by John Krakaur

6. One GOOD song.
    Amazing Grace

7. One GOOD TV show.
    Man vs. Wild

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without.
    Grilled Chicken Salads!

9. One weightloss lie you've heard.
    It comes off fast when you breast feed!

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness
    Lift weights and eat pure food!
  • 1. What's your top weight, current weight and target?
    170, 140, 130

2. How tall are you?
    5'4"

i live with my boyfriend, who i've been seeing for four years. we're pretty awesome. we have a cat.

4. Where do you live?
    as of right now, Iowa City, Iowa. starting on Saturday, Madison, Wisconsin.

5. One GOOD book.
    The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood

6. One GOOD song.
    Brand New Cadillac, The Clash (it's a GREAT song.)

7. One GOOD TV show.
    Mythbusters!

cheeseburgers.

everything "lowfat" is good for you!

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness.
    It's hard to be overweight and it's hard to maintain a healthy weight. Choose your hard.
  • 1. What's your top weight, current weight and target? 194 was my highest, I weighed 153 when I weighed myself two seconds ago, and my target weight is 112.

2. How tall are you? 5'8"

3. What's your family situation? I have a mischievous husband of two years that is currently overseas, and two very naughty cats. Both boys.

4. Where do you live? Everywhere!!!! Currently Southeast VA, but probably HI or NC within the next year. We move a lot.

5. One GOOD book? Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

6. One GOOD song? Twist of Cain - Danzig

7. One GOOD TV show? CHOWDER!!!!!! ...I don't watch anything but cartoons.

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without? Cheese. And I refuse to live without it. I'm eating cheddar cubes right now.

9. One weightloss lie you've heard? Back in ballet we used to do this crap called the "master cleanse" before performance weeks. I guess if you're constipated or overeat all the time it's worth drinking that nasty crap, but most of us were terrified of food and hardly ate anything besides grapes and water anyway, so there was nothing to "cleanse" and I never lost the 20 pounds it promised to make me drop. Didn't stop me from doing it 7 times a year.

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness? I got sick trying to stay on a 1400-cal-a-day lean protein and limited carb diet. Come to find out that I don't have the metabolism to process fats and protein, so I stick to a high-carb low fat diet. It's worked wonders for me and I get to eat everything I like.
  • new to featherweights hi!
    Hi, I'm a new member, 51 years old. I've got an 8 year old son and since my husband is a bit older and had kids before, I'm delighted to also be a new grandmother.

My father (who raised me) is a weight obsessive and frankly its a wonder I've only felt moderately weight challenged. I could easilly have ended up with a major eating disorder given how he views weight. Instead I've always been about 10 pounds (make that closer to 20 pounds since childbirth at 42) overweight.

I don't eat anything that walked on the earth. Fine with eggs and fish.

I'm working the Beck program, together with a eliminating bread, pasta, alcahol and deserts, and portion control to try to get and keep it off. At 5'5" my post pregnancy high is 165, and I'm currently 159 (on the way down). I've lost a few pounds in the last 3 weeks of reading the book and working my own excercise up from 20 minutes 3-4 days a week to 45 minutes 5 x a week (elyptical trainer and or walking). I'm off for a week of family camp, with daily yoga for dear husband and myself.

I'm an avid reader and given my choice would simply sit on my butt all my waking hours reading quality fiction. But I do feel better when I move more.

wildflwer
  • Oh, this looks fun.

1. What's your top weight, current weight and target? - 168/149/145(or 130? haven't decided.)

2. How tall are you? - 5' 6"

3. What's your family situation? - In college, so away from home during the school year, otherwise I live with Mom and Dad. I have a boyfriend but things are getting a little complicated; hopefully things will work themselves out for the best.

4. Where do you live? - Santa Rosa, CA. I attend school in Ithaca, NY.

5. One GOOD book. - Fool on the Hill by Matt Ruff

6. One GOOD song. - There are SO many... Viva La Vida by Coldplay is one of my current/recent favorites.

7. One GOOD TV show. - The Office!

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without. - Cheeeeeeeeeeeeese

9. One weightloss lie you've heard. - That it's easy and effortless. No way!

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness. - You can eat anything you want, you just can't have too much. (Dad)
  • To get to know each other better. Let me see ....

Top weight: 205 current weight: 184 target weight: 175

2. How tall are you?
    6'3"

I'm living with my parents for the summer and then I'll be living at college with 3 other roommates in an apartment during the schoolyear.

4. Where do you live?
    Rochester, NY for the summer and Buffalo, NY for school.

5. One GOOD book.
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1-4

6. One GOOD song.
    "Like Me" -Girlicious

7. One GOOD TV show.
    Big Brother.

Pasta. <3

That there is some easy,fast miracle method to losing weight.

It's all about forming routines and switching things up to challenge your body when you fall into a rut. Also, everyone has bad days and even if you fall off the wagon, it will still be there for you for when you're ready to get back on it.
  • Quote:
    2. How tall are you?
    6'3"
    Wow - just, wow!!
  • 1. What's your top weight, current weight and target? Top was 140, current weight is 110, and target is 100

2. How tall are you? 4'10"

3. What's your family situation? I have 2 brothers, a sister, a step-sister, and a step-brother. During the summer I live with my mom and stepdad and during the school year I am in dorms.

4. Where do you live? Momence, IL/Naperville, IL

5. One GOOD book. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

6. One GOOD song. Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley

7. One GOOD TV show. CSI, the original one with Grissam

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without. Coffee........

9. One weightloss lie you've heard. Gah, there's a lot of them.

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness. Do it the healthy way or don't do it at all.

I'm new here, guys, this is my first Featherweight post!
  • Here goes:
    Quote: 1. What's your top weight, current weight and target? 201, 145, 135

2. How tall are you? 5'6"

3. What's your family situation? I have a baby boy, and baby's daddy takes care of us so that I don't have to work right now. I love it!

4. Where do you live? Boise, Idaho

5. One GOOD book. Turtle Moon by Alice Hoffman

6. One GOOD song. Crimson and Clover, Tommy and the Shondells or Joan Jett

7. One GOOD TV show. Mad Men

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without. Pizza

9. One weightloss lie you've heard. How about all the movie stars that say they lost their baby weight by breastfeeding. Yeah, right.

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness. Always leave a bite of food on your plate. I think that was something Audrey Hepburn always did.

I am just now joining the featherweight group. I am very glad to be posting here!
  • Well, I really screwed that up. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyway. the answers that are by Kellyfoo are actually mine that are quoted in my post -- sorry, Kellyfoo!

I weight 188 lbs

2. How tall are you? 5'6"

I have been married for 37 years, I used to weight 129, nut I guess after three kids, that is no longer realistic, My target is between 140 and 150,I am in post op from a full hip replacement, so now I have left and right hip replaced, and I have a bad back, hence need to loose the weight but also I want to feel sexy again, I hate myself right now........

4. Where do you live?
    Oakville, Ontario Canada

5. One GOOD book.
    mm...[I] am a Stephen King lover

6. One GOOD song.
    Nat King Cole When I fall in Love

7. One GOOD TV show.
    2/1/2 men

Cheese

Get rid of all your carbs....

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness.Weight Loss is a Lifestyle change not a diet..........
    SusanB is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
  • Hi all-
    After lurking forever I'm going to try to be active here, this site has helped me so much!

1. 165/135/120
    I went from 104 to 165 while pregnant with my firstborn and never have gone below 135 since, except for about a month during which I was breastfeeding and pregnant (little did I know) at the same time. A very exhausting way to drop weight!
    2. 5'4"
    3. Married mom to two teenagers, house full of animals, run a business from home.
    4. In beautiful Peachtree City, GA USA
    5 This summer my daughter and I read all of the 'Twilight' series of books, they were great light summer fun books about a dreamy vampire who falls in love with a regular girl.
    6. My most recent favorite new song is by Mika, 'Love Today'. For the full effect watch the video on youtube, it's bouncy and fun to walk to.
    7. Our cable just got cut off and I won't pay to restore it until I can get digital installed. No big deal but I do miss TV! I'm waiting for Battlestar Galactica to start again, Lost is great, I just got a box set of a show from the BBC called Spaced that's really funny if you get a chance to watch it, it has all the Shaun of the Dead guys in it.
    8 My favorite food is my downfall - bread. Not bagged sliced bread. No, I love freshly baked no-knead bread, baguettes, breakfast bread with raisins and nuts, banana bread or cinnamon rolls, garlic bread... the list goes on and I'm good at baking them all, so I have had to stop for a while!
    9 The biggest lie? Any of those stupid after pictures in magazines, on tv etc.
    10. The best tip I have realized is that it takes at least a week for something like exercise to become a habit, but missing just one or two days breaks it. So even if you're sick try to at least get on the treadmill at a low setting for 10 minutes, just to not get out of the habit.
  • Hello everyone,

1. What's your top weight, current weight and target? Top was 171, current weight is 158, and target is 150. The target is pretty arbitrary, I may find when I get there that I still want to lose more. I think getting under 11 stone (154) will be a big milestone.

2. How tall are you? 5'8".

3. What's your family situation? Living with my boyfriend and a flatmate. My boyfriend's only recently moved in and it's great. No kids yet.

4. Where do you live? London.

5. One GOOD book. So hard to choose - I love reading. I'll say anything by Jane Smillie.

6. One GOOD song. Another difficult one. Sweet Thing by Van Morrison - a great song about looking forward to better times.

7. One GOOD TV show. Buffy.

8. One awesome food you don't want to live without. My boyfriend's chocolate cake.

9. One weightloss lie you've heard. Premade low-fat food is good for you.

10. The best tip you've received with regard to long lasting slimness. Anyone can exercise - even if you weren't good at sport at school.
  • Quote: To get to know each other better. Let me see ....

top weight-196--a few days before delivering---so maybe a lil higher but close enough
    Current--156.8
    Goal---130

2. How tall are you?
    5'4"

---married with a baby boy---8 months

4. Where do you live?
    in the states

5. One GOOD book.
    lots--- i teach writing and want to go into english one day---
    6. One GOOD song.
    dont currently have a fav. but into the country rock at the moment

7. One GOOD TV show.
    LoSt and CSI
    umm---pasta---meat---breads---umm most foods--- i can do without the junk --just not the good stuff

that the weight of pregnancy will magically disappear once you deliver---
    oh and that its ok to eat ---or eat some more you'll be fine--- eat this for the baby--- thats why i put on so much damn weight-- (46lbs +)
    ---oh and that breastfeeding will make you lose the weight---uhh ---no i gained a lil in the begining with it but thankfully lost it---and then lost even more when i stopped nursing--- yes thats right--- at 6 months i stopped nursing and the weight finally did fall dramatically

join a gym or weight watchers-- ---havent done either but i picked up the weight watchers books at the library and want to start going through thier recipes for cooking and stuff

My top weight was 145 - argh, all those late night college pizzas and crappy cafeteria food.
    My current weight is 135.
    My goal weight (for now) is 120. I say for now, because I have a small frame and might shoot for 115 or 110. We'll see, I haven't been that thin in years!

2. How tall are you?

5' 4" which is quite the accomplishment given the fact that my mummsie is only 4' 11".

Married - 2 years on October 25th! At that stage where all of our friends have kids, but we're not quite ready and they need to learn to mind their own business.

4. Where do you live?

Suburbs of Chicago.

5. One GOOD book.

Recently, I kind of like The Host. I don't normally go for the science fiction stuff, but it was pretty good.

6. One GOOD song.

Oooooh, just one?!?!? Ok, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

7. One GOOD TV show.

Lost!!!! I can't wait until it comes back!

Gee, just one?!?! In that case, it's an imaginary super food that doesn't exist yet in which cheese, chocolate, and peanut butter are all combined.

Ugh, Metabolite (or life, I can't remember which one). That was a huge mistake in college!

That it's not a diet, it's a way of life.