trim spa....does it work?

• I have a friend that has been looking into taking the diet pill Trim Spa. We wanted to look into it first and find out about it...does it really work, and is it one of those things that only works if you follow a "diet" while you take it? I guess she wants to lose about 100 pounds, and she's tried other diets, but I think this is the first time with a pill. I have had no experience with them either, and so could somebody help us out here. Also, will the weight stay off, or do you have to take the pills for the rest of your life? Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!
    Marg
  • Hi Marg~~
    I'm not familiar with Trim Spa specifically but am surprised there is not a "miracle" out there that I have not tried.

In my experience of many, many, years of "dieting" there is no pill or "miracle cure" for weight loss. Some pills or drinks may assist in curbing your appetite or give you an energy boost but the bottom line is always the same "this is to be used in conjunction with a healthy eating plan combined with reduced caloric intake and excercise".

I have found that once you have found an eating plan that allows you to lose unwanted weight and feel healthy is something that you should be able to live with the rest of your life. If you think about it, could you really expect to cut down your caloric intake to say 1200 calories a day, lose the weight and increase it back up to maybe 2500 calories without a weight gain? The same goes with the pills, if you lose the weight on the pills and go off of them, do you not expect some weight gain? Excercise, the same...can you follow an excercise program successfully, stop and not see an increase in inches or weight?

I strongly encourage you and your friend to discover a way of eating that will bring you health benefits as well as weight loss that you feel you can adopt into a way of life. This combined with a realistic excercise program will probably bring you much better results than yet another "miracle" pill.

No matter what you choose, I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted on your results.

Janice