New on the Board ????

• My DH's doctor has put him on the south beach diet and my question is what can I do for lunch for him. He is in the construction field is in the hot heat everyday, so what can I prepare for him to take with him for lunch that will last in a cooler with ice? I prepare his breakfast before he leaves but don't know what to fix him for lunch. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! Newbie
  • Welcome! I take my lunch every day to work (in a cooler also). Almost daily I will usually end up taking a boiled egg, sliced cheese, nuts, and SF jello...this gets me through breakfast, snacks, and a sweet treat. For lunch itself, I try to make leftovers at dinner the night before so I can have some kind of lean meat for lunch. If not, make him some tuna, salmon, or chicken salad. Or a regular salad is a possiblilty also. Just remember to send him a fork!

Hope this helps
  • Hi, Newbie! On Phase 2, you can make him wraps and sandwiches, but accompany them with veggies or salads...you can send cut up veggies with dip, or homemade 3 bean salad, coleslaw, broccoli and cheese salad, etc. Check out the recipe forum for more ideas.