Yummy new dessert/breakfast

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I like natural pb... YUM.
  • Well thanx for all the compliments. I do weight 206 pounds though. Im 5" 9' though....so that might be why I look alittle thinner then most 206 pound people. As far as reduced fat and regular pb being the same points...Im not sure but I'd rather have the one with less fat. I usally eat natural pb but with this the reduced fat just tastes better to me.
  • All peanut butters have around the same amount of calories--natural, regular, and reduced-fat. I'm assuming they therefore have at least close to the same amount of Points since points are based mostly on calories. There are peanut butter wannabes out there now that have way fewer calories (about half, I think), but I've heard they don't really taste like peanut butter alone, though it's still not bad on a sandwich--haven't found any to try myself as of yet.

I LOVE reduced-fat peanut butter, but if I have it in the house, I will literally eat the entire jar in a day or 2. I now use natural peanut butter, not because I like it (I mean, it tastes like peanuts and nothing else since that's the only ingredient whereas regular pb's have salt and sugar and whatnot), but because natural peanut butter is the only kind with 0 trans fats (check the labels--even if it says 0 trans fats in the nutrition info, I can almost guarantee it's got something "hydrogenated" in there, which means it's got trans fat).

I also don't like chocolate chips--sorry, but semi-sweet just seems like an oxymoron to me--give me ALL sweet, baby! Actually, I just don't care much for chocolate in general. But I've had a variation of this resipe I've found on these boards in the past that is also very yummy:
    spread 1T natural peanut butter on a whole-wheat tortilla (I use La Tortilla Factory, the small ones) and then wrap a whole banana in the tortilla and zap it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I've also sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg on it before rolling--it's yummy both ways.
  • I put 14 in a bag and then freeze them all! Take one bag out the night before, only I do it so my teenagers don't find them and devour the bag!

"being fat and attractive are not mutually exclusive", can be taken many way - we can't be jealous of other peoples achievements if we're here to support each other. I took a GIANT step back and gained 5lbs; those that have taken off the weight and been persistent and look so beautiful is what keeps me going. You have to be happy with all of your own little successes.
  • Yes...we do. We are all doing a great job! This is a lifelong change and for some people it's just going to take alittle longer.
  • Thats sounds great! I'll try that tomorrow. I can keep the chocolate chips in the house, cause i really dont like them plain...weird, ill buy chocolate candy and i can eat a whole bag, but i dont like chocolate chips plain?? lol weird. Especially the semisweet kind --- I hate those plain, but melted they are delicious. I have strange tastes i guess. :P

Alicia