Star Chart

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've decided to follow my friends who reward their kids good behaviour with a star chart.

Have just printed a graph out labelled Monday thru to Sunday and will award myself a star on each day that I exercise.

I'm going to put it on my bedroom door next to an old skinny photo and a recent fat photo.

Here's hoping that it does great things for my motivation!
  • That's a GREAT idea! Everyone needs to do what it takes to get it done~WTG!!! Did you make a rewards chart too?NON food one?Gotta reward yourself for all the hard work!!!
  • Thats a great idea! I put stickers in my journal when I have a good day, but didnt think about making a actual chart!! I think I might have to do that too!!
  • star chart
    I have a wall calendar up next to my bed and everytime I workout, I put a sticker up. It's very rewarding to see all those days filled up with stickers. To me, it's an eyesore to see a "hole" during the week, so I try to keep it as filled up as possible. This keeps me very motivated.
  • i actually tried that a while back. It didn't work for me, but I hope it works for you!!
  • Just got back from Wallmart and I got some cute stickers....I will give this a try starting today....
  • I got my first star!!!!! I walked 2.11 miles yesterday. How about you?
  • Another star to be earned today ... the damn chart is staring at me each time I leave my bedroom so I'm keen to get lots of stars happening!
  • I got my star for yesterday!
  • Way to go unicorn! I got my star last night and will be earning another tonight!
  • I think I'm going to do it like the points challenge. I'll get those tiny little stars or smiley faces and I'll do one for calories, one for exercise, one for water, and one for protein. I'm excited, I can't wait to go get a new calendar and some stickers!
  • Well I did not get my star for last night. We got a pool for the kids and I did alot of walk and pulling and tuging on the pool so I was so give out by the time it came to my walk time I could not do it. Tonight for sure!!! I may get some swiming in too.Wooooohoooo!!
  • Another Star
    Well I'm sure that all the work you did with the pool would have burned a few calories!

I only just made it to the gym last night. I really didn't want to go and with a sore knee I had a good excuse not to. I was actually in my car about to drive home when I turned around and went to the gym and did 30 minutes cycling Man, I was so glad I went!

The star chart is working really well for me because I hate the way it looks if I don't get to put a star on. Thinking about a star-less day on my chart was what got me there so that's gotta be a good thing.

Keep up the good work y'all!!

• The pool is still not up!!! I think we need to start over but I hate to let all that water go!!!! No star for me but I did get some of a workout trying to get it to stay up....lol
  • Well, I skipped the gym yesterday because I had other plans but I've got my gear in the car and I plan to go today. Now this is a big thing for me because I NEVER go to the gym on a Friday! I always think that because it's the start of the weekend I should go home and relax but my star chart is not as colourful as I'd like it to be and I need to earn myself another star!

Keep going ladies ... we're all doing well!