Clothing size changes...

• So far I have lost 24 pounds, but I have only gone down one clothing size! Is that normal? I started out in an 18, and after the first 8 lbs I was already in a 16. I bought a pair of 14 jeans, the next size down, thinking I would be there soon, but I'm not even close! It was SO disappointing. About how many lbs of loss have you guys noticed between sizes?
  • What size 14 did you buy? Did you buy -- W -- or regular... I find that makes a difference, and it certainly matters where you are loosing the weight. For example my rear end seems to drop a huge portion of the weight before the rest of my body shows the changes. How are your measurements? Suttle or drastic? It might take you another 5 - 10 to be able to get into them, but there's nothing wrong with that. Congrats on your loss!!
  • Lets see , I have lost 38 pounds so far , I started at a 24 and then moved to a 22 and then a comfortable 20 .. NON STRECTH JEANS!! and now my 20's are loose on me and I can wear some 18's now ... I do however have that pair of 16's waiting for me
  • are you exercising a lot?? I find when I exercise more that my sizes go down even if my poundage doesn't. fat weighs more and all that... USUALLY I've dropped a size for every 15 pounds I lost. I went from a 22 to a 10/12.

keep one pair of your super fat jeans, that's one thing I didn't do that I'm kicking myself for now. when I see 22's at the store now it is unbelievable to me that I ever fit in them.

keep on truckin', you'll be soarin' past those 16's, 14's and 12's in no time!!

Lacey
  • I lost all my weight from hips and legs first. I started in a size 20 at 234 lbs. and didn't buy anything new until size 12's at 185 lbs. Size 10 at 170's. Size 8 at 165, now at 150 wear a 4-6 in misses or 5-7 in jr. miss. Goal is 5 more lbs. , not trying to go down any in size, would just like my tummy to get a little smaller, it is my problem area , and the last place to really be losing the weight.
  • I started at 237 more of a size 20 but refused to buy any more pants so I was a tight tight 18. Now I can finally get my butt into a size 16 and I can still wear 18s. I have lost 25 pounds.
  • I bought the regular fit-they just won't freaking zip! Even if I could manage to get them on, I wouldn't be able to breathe. I am exercising, probably not as much as I should, but any exercise is more than what I was doing before. I have noticed that my belly is smaller (I had 3 c-sections, so NOTHING is gonna totally remedy that) as in, even in jeans that fit perfect I used to have to have a shirt long enough to cover my pooch, because it's disgusting! Now, my clothes seem to fit "smoother", but my hip measurement hasn't budged since I started this.
  • Oh rebel- tell me about it. I have had 3 c sections also. all within 3 1/2 years and my kids were 10, 11 and 12 pounds. So I know just what you're talking about. I'm trying to find a way to afford a tummy tuck by the time I'm done. because I think that pouch will only get worse! ahh
  • Losing 145 lbs has dropped me 7 sizes -- so that's about 21 lbs a size.