I made the best dinner last week!

• Okay, so I hardly ever cook. My husband usually always cooks dinner, he's a fantastic chef. I can make baked goods galore, but never really learned how to cook regular meals, besides the easy stuff.
    So, last week I took it upon myself to come up with a dinner from "scratch" as my DH was going to be at work late. So this is what I did:

I cooked whole wheat pasta. Then I steamed some fresh eggplant, chopped up some canned artichoke hearts and jarred red peppers. I mixed the veggies together with some minced garlic. Then I mixed that in with the pasta. I tried it and it was a little bland. So then, I added some of the Wegman's Fat Free Parmesan Italian salad dressing that I love. Guess what, it turned out FANTASTIC!! My DH thought it was delicious. I was so proud of myself!! I ate it for dinner 2 nights and lunch 2 days. Yay!!

So, I'm making it again this week, except I'm going to use fresh steamed baby portabella mushrooms, diced tomatoes and artichoke hearts (I LOVE artichoke hearts!!)

So, I guess I just wanted to share that with you all!!
  • Wow way to go!! For someone who doesn't cook (or does), that sounds impressive!
  • Yum, love this idea. I've been looking for pasta options lately ... thanks
  • Oooh...I made it again this week. This time, I used baby portabella mushrooms (steamed from fresh), diced tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts and minced garlic. It was even BETTER this week. I'm so happy!! LOL
  • Vegetable-Pasta Recipe
    Quote: I cooked whole wheat pasta. Then I steamed some fresh eggplant, chopped up some canned artichoke hearts and jarred red peppers. I mixed the veggies together with some minced garlic. Then I mixed that in with the pasta. I tried it and it was a little bland. So then, I added some of the Wegman's Fat Free Parmesan Italian salad dressing that I love.
    I made this today, except instead of w-w pasta I used a rice/lentil pilaf mix from the co-op, and I couldn't find Wegman's but I found a parmesan-pesto dressing. Then I had some extra parmesan/romano cheese mix that I tossed in, and it was a fabulous and satisfying dinner. I, too, have leftovers for lunch. Thanks for the recipe!