Chicks in Control Profiles!!

You're on Page 15 of 20
Go to
  • I've been here a month and haven't done this yet!
    First name (if you want to tell): Alexandra
    Meaning of user name: It's my motto in this whole weight loss journey of mine
    Geographical location: Phoenix, AZ
    Marital Status: Married
    Children/Ages: Someday
    Pets: Four cats, two gerbils, and a dog
    Hobbies/Interests: Singing, reading, playing around on the internet, nature hikes
    Height: 5'9
    Eye/Hair Color: Blue/brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most recently, January 2010. Overall...10 years?
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: See my ticker!
    Problem: Binge eating, liking to eat more than I like to be skinny, hating to exercise
    Plan/Way: Weight Watchers, and forcing myself to exercise
    Favorite exercise: Wii Fit, walking/hiking
    Favorite movies: The Birdcage, Reduced Shakespeare Company, Little Miss Sunshine
    Favorite books/plays: Jane Eyre, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Eyre Affair
    Favorite Quote(s): " I don't think I have one
    Favorite People (dead and living): My family and friends
    People I can’t stand: Obnoxious people, or mean people
    Places you’ve been: In the US- Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Hawaii, Florida. In Canada, Vancouver BC and Victoria
    Places you want to visit: Europe

Pivot’s questions
    01. What is your favorite word? Consernation
    02. What is your least favorite word? Anything I consistantly can't spell
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music
    04. What turns you off? Being forced to do something
    05. What is your favorite curse word? Don't have one
    06. What sound or noise do you love? Voices of loved ones
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? Any of those obnoxious little soudns people make just to be annoying
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Journalist
    09. What profession would you not like to do? Politician
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Congrats, you can stay!
  • First name (if you want to tell): Elizabeth
    Meaning of user name: My nickname, plus the year I graduate college
    Geographical location: Champaign, IL
    Marital Status: Almost-engaged
    Children/Ages: Someday
    Pets: Two dogs (a Japanese Chin [Zoe] and a Boston Terrier [Apollo])
    Hobbies/Interests: running, singing, studying religions and cultures, traveling, cooking
    Height: 5'6
    Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 27th, 2009
    Problem: Binge eating, overeating
    Plan/Way: 1300 (or so) calories a day, running
    Favorite exercise: RUNNING
    Favorite movies: My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Lovely Bones
    Favorite books/plays: The Lovely Bones
    Favorite Quote(s): To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
    Favorite People (dead and living): My mom & my boyfriend
    People I can’t stand: Fake people
    Places you’ve been: Almost every state east of the Mississippi and a few west of it, Greece, Ukraine, Russia.
    Places you want to visit: I want to go back to Ukraine and Russia

Pivot’s questions
    01. What is your favorite word? Oy
    02. What is your least favorite word? Nip (I don't know why, I hate that word though)
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Orthodox hymns and iconography
    04. What turns you off? deadlines
    05. What is your favorite curse word? fudge! (even worse than the real f word, lol...)
    06. What sound or noise do you love? music, especially the aforementioned AND of course 80s power ballads =)))
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? GUM CHEWING. omg......
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? personal trainer.
    09. What profession would you not like to do? janitor. i hate cleaning!
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Well it was a longshot, but you made it!"
  • First name (if you want to tell): Christina
    Meaning of user name: My nickname is Chickie, I've had it since I was a baby and it's stuck with me ever since, I just added the Miss for fun
    Geographical location: Northern California
    Children/Ages: 2 (a boy-3 and a girl-15 mos.)
    Pets: 0
    Hobbies/Interests: I love cake decorating, painting and listening to music..playing with my kids, spending time with my family
    Height: 5'1
    Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 17,2009
    Problem: Binge eating, overeating
    Plan/Way: 1500 calories a day/ clean eating/ excercising 5 days a week at least
    Favorite exercise: running, spinning
    Favorite movies: way too many to list, I love 80's movies!
    Favorite books/plays: Love in the Time of Cholera
    Favorite Quote(s): Well done is better than well said
    Favorite People (dead and living): My parents, my siblings, my husband and my kids, Frida Kahlo
    People I can’t stand: arrogant people or fake people
    Places you’ve been: Las Vegas, mexico, all over California.
    Places you want to visit: France,Italy, New York
    Pivot’s questions
    01. What is your favorite word? eloquently
    02. What is your least favorite word? fat
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? music, depending on the genre, music can have many different effects on me.
    What turns you off? liars!
    05. What is your favorite curse word? motherfu**er
    06. What sound or noise do you love? my kids laughing
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? loud people cussing or talking nasty in public, or people being mean to their kids.
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? a cake decorator!
    09. What profession would you not like to do? anything to do with cleaning! lol
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Welcome! I'm so glad to see you, you did a good job."
  • First name (if you want to tell): Hannah
    Meaning of user name: Love the band dropkick murphys. Also related to my namesake.
    Geographical location: Beijing, China
    Marital Status:Single, never married
    Children/Ages: None
    Pets: Back home at my parents' house I've got two kitties, Sparky and Chilli
    Hobbies/Interests: Languages, travel, cultural exploration, reading, writing, sci-fi, beauty/fashion, extreme sports
    Height: 5'5'
    Eye/Hair Color: Green/brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oy, this one? Well, I've been *trying* to lose weight since I was 11 haha. But I've been here and working on my new healthy diet since 1 March 2010
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 77kg/77kg/65kg
    Problem: EDNOS purging kind
    Plan/Way of Eating: Calorie counting, healthy foods (fruit and veg), avoiding fast foods/sweets
    Favorite exercise: Running, biking, snowboarding
    Favorite movies: The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars (origional) Trilogy, Baseskateball, Kong Fu Hustle, Truly Madly Deeply, Running With Scissors, Blood Diamond, The Secretary, Donnie Darko
    Favorite books/plays: The Bell Jar, Cell, The Shining, Clockwork Orange, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Harry Potter (*blush*), The Importance of Being Ernest, Dorian Grey
    Music: Dropkick Murphys, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anti-flag, Thrice, Sex Pistols, The Jam, The Clash, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Sum 41, The Offspring, Blondie
    Favorite Quote(s): "It doesn't matter how slow you go, just as long as you never stop"/"The end of the world to a caterpillar is to the master the beginning of a butterfly."/"If you only do what you know you can, you never do very much"/"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."
    Favorite People (dead and living): Johnny Depp, John Lennon, George Orwell, Homer Simpson (I KNOW he's not a real person, but he makes me smile haha), Winston Churchill, My best friends (d'awww look at me go ;0), Whoever invented vitasoy
    People I can’t stand: Tony Blaire, Gordon Brown, George Bush, Dick Cheney, Paris Hilton, Anne Coulter, Tom Cruise, Madonna, and a whole boatload of other people I've probably forgotten to mention haha
    Places you’ve been: Erm...the US (many places ), Senegal, China, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lichtenstein, Austria, Holland, Mexico, er...oh, Canada
    Places you want to visit: South Africa, Kenya, Thailand, Taiwan, Cambodia, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Spain, ALL of south America, Australia, New Zealand
    Pivot’s questions (don’t think too long, answer as fast as you can)
    01. What is your favorite word? Munch
    02. What is your least favorite word? c*nt
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Enthusiasm
    04. What turns you off? Elitism
    05. What is your favorite curse word? Frikkin frik!
    06. What sound or noise do you love? That noise that the wind makes blowing through the trees
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? Nails on a chalk board
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Spaaaace Cowboyyyy
    09. What profession would you not like to do? waste management
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You were right. It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you do the right thing and treat all living things with respect. Your sister is safe with me. You can see her now.
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: Er...nah
  • First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer
    Meaning of user name: I have collected pigs since I was little and always called them "woobies"
    Geographical location: Springboro, OH
    Marital Status: Single, never married, currently in a committed relationship
    Children/Ages: Dogs, puppies and more dogs!
    Pets: Howard and Abby, the jack russell terriers, Jake the fish, Tonka the St Bernard, Tinkerbell the Newfy/Lab mix, Lucy and Ethel, the children of Tonk and Tink, Nellie the wiener dog and Cassie, the in-law's lab.
    Hobbies/Interests: paper crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, gardening, reading
    Height: 5'74"
    Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Everyday, but this time, April 11, 2010
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 260/260/145
    Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating
    Plan/Way of Eating: WW
    Favorite exercise: napping. Oh wait, you're serious. biking
    Favorite movies: Pretty Woman, The Shawshank Redemption, Field of Dreams, Halloween
    Favorite books/plays:
    Music: Country mostly, pop, classic rock, anything but rap and metal
    Favorite Quote(s): "If nothing ever changed, there wouldn't be butterflies"
    Places you’ve been: Alaska, florida, North Carolina - Love the Outer Banks
    Places you want to visit: EVERYWHERE. I'd love to travel

Any other tidbits you would like to share: Nope
  • First name (if you want to tell): Salvina
    Meaning of user name: just a phrase i like
    Geographical location: Seattle, WA
    Marital Status: living with the boyfriend
    Children/Ages: no kiddies for me yet
    Pets: my boyfriend..kidding!
    Hobbies/Interests: writing, photography, the universe, astrology, food, spending time with friends and family, music
    Height: 5'4"
    Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hopefully this will be my last start date...april 7, 2010
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 251/243/140
    Problem: food addiction, binge eating, compulsive eating
    Plan/Way of Eating: portion control, non-process foods, the plan my nutritionist gave me
    Favorite exercise: belly dancing, yoga, walking
    Favorite movies: american beauty, stardust, gangs of new york, the godfather series
    Favorite books/plays: memoirs of a geisha, the fortunate pilgrim, daniel deronda, a heartbreaking work of staggering genius
    Music: everything from metallica mary j blige, trance, dnb, whatever sounds good to my ears
    Favorite Quote(s): the only people for me are the mad ones; the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time; the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
    - Jack Kerouac
    Favorite People (dead and living): my parents, my boyfriend, and people who live their lives everyday according to their rules and what they want to achieve.
    Places you’ve been: all of the US, germany, italy, sicily
    Places you want to visit: india, japan, turkey, nepal, australia, everywhere quite frankly.
    01. What is your favorite word? like
    02. What is your least favorite word? moist (eew)
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? insight and motivation
    04. What turns you off? close mindedness
    05. What is your favorite curse word? dammit
    06. What sound or noise do you love? sirens (i'm from brooklyn)
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? my cell phone
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? journalist
    09. What profession would you not like to do? anything in finance, i'm not good with numbers

Any other tidbits you would like to share: my mom tells me i'm a storm in a teacup
  • First name (if you want to tell): Jane
    Meaning of user name: inverted mish-mash of my initials
    Geographical location: Halifax, VA
    Marital Status: married for 36 years
    Children/Ages: daughter 32, son 28, daughter 25, grandchildren 12, 4, 2, 2, and 2
    Pets: Cats - Mo'Toes, Missy, and Miyu; Dogs - Sambo, Toby, and Zoe
    Hobbies/Interests: Internet research, reading, music, movies, poetry
    Height: 5'5"
    Eye/Hair Color: Green/brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? Uh, 9-1-10
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 275/275/175
    Problem: food addiction; compulsive eating; injury, lipolymphedema, and arthritis affecting exercise
    Plan/Way of Eating: www(dot)FoodAddictsAnonymous(dot)org
    Favorite exercise: recumbent bike, swimming, walking, Nautilus machines
    Favorite movies: Love Actually, The Cider House Rules, Henry V, the Harry Potter movies
    Favorite books/plays: Harry Potter; the Tao te Ching; Charms for the Easy Life, everything from Eckhart Tolle, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Taylor Caldwell, and Anne Tyler
    Music: Bruce Hornsby, Rob Thomas, John Mayer, Annie Lennox, James Taylor, Dido, the Eagles, Sting, Keith Urban, Bela Fleck, Allison Krauss, Ian Anderson, Dougie McLean, Sara Evans, R.E.M. I like music.
    Favorite Quote(s): Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one. - E. B. White
    Favorite People (dead and living): my husband, children, and grandchildren, my friends in Maryland and Minnesota, Vivian and Mike, Ruby Gettinger, Mary Oliver, J. K. Rowling
    People I Can't Stand: George W. Bush, Simon Cowell, that affected woman on the Nutri-System commercial
    Places you’ve been: Southern California, NYC, Philadelphia, Dallas, all over the South
    Places you want to visit: the UK
    01. What is your favorite word? beetle
    02. What is your least favorite word? Can't say it here. It's gross.
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? intelligence
    04. What turns you off? sneakiness
    05. What is your favorite curse word? f***
    06. What sound or noise do you love? my singing Husky dogs
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? the whining of other people's children
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? therapist
    09. What profession would you not like to do? anything that has to be done outside in the heat

Any other tidbits you would like to share: Happy to be getting back on track!
  • First name (if you want to tell): Natalie
    Meaning of user name: I don't really know. Hahaha (:
    Geographical location: Dallas, TX
    Marital Status: Single
    Children/Ages: None but I love kids so much!
    Pets: Cat: Prissy, Dog: Ginger, Fish: BJ
    Hobbies/Interests: Singing, movies, celebrity gossip, Disney, shopping (well, right now I'm "browsing")
    Height: 5'7''
    Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh gosh... It's been an up and down battle for so long, but I started losing weight from my highest point ever around January 2009.
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 197/183.5/135
    Problem: Eating when I'm bored (which is pretty much all the time)
    Plan/Way of Eating: Cut down how much I eat and calorie counting
    Favorite exercise: Speed walking, swimming, dancing
    Favorite movies: Mean Girls and Anything Disney, pretty much.
    Favorite books/plays: Prep, Harry Potter, The Dollhouse People
    Music: Too many to count, but my absolute favorites to dance to and be stupid to are Paramore, Katy Perry, and Lady GaGa. My favorite artist is A Fine Frenzy.
    Favorite Quote(s): "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
    Favorite People (dead and living): My sisters and my best friend
    People I can’t stand: every stupid person that's ever existed.
    Places you’ve been: Sadly, nowhere out of the U.S. but I've been to many states!
    Places you want to visit: Paris, New York, Kenya, and Germany
    01. What is your favorite word? Beautiful
    02. What is your least favorite word? Chunky
    04. What turns you off? arrogance
    05. What is your favorite curse word? ... does crap count?
    06. What sound or noise do you love? clicking heels. hahaha
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? people chewing. It drives me insane.
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Well, I'd love to be a singer.
    09. What profession would you not like to do? There are many
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Good job.
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: Not really. Haha
  • First name: Fam
    Meaning of user name: Basically it's a reference to my pale skin
    Geographical location: Oslo, Norway
    Pets: One pug, Gossip, one Persian, Pumpkin and 11 tarantulas
    Hobbies/Interests:body mods, tarantulas, make-up I also love criminology, and read like a madwoman
    Height: 5'5''
    Eye/Hair Color: blue/ginger
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well, my ED journey started in 2000. My healthy weightloss journey starts today!
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 220/220/100
    Problem: My diagnosis is atypical anorexia
    Plan/Way of Eating: Restricting and purging
    Favorite exercise: Boxing
    Favorite movies: he nightmare before christmas, the Hannibal triology, lord of the rings, girl interrupted, sleepy hollow. I am a Tim Burton fanatic, so basically everything he's ever made!
    Favorite books/plays: Mostly educational books, with three exceptions; The Harry Potter books(all my tarantulas have names from these books), The lord of the rings, girl,interrupted
    Music: Oh, this is a toughy! I love so many things, it would take ages!
    Favorite Quote: "I don't care if it hurts, I want to have control. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul"
    Favorite People (dead and living): Tim Burton, Christina Ricci, Freddy Mercury, my mother, Johnny Depp, Danny Elfman, Joe Stiles
    Places you’ve been: England, Ireland, Turkey, Denmark, Italy, Latvia,Hungary,Sweden, Finland
    Places you want to visit: No place in particular
    Pivot’s questions
    01. What is your favorite word? titanium
    02. What is your least favorite word? fatso
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Intelligence
    04. What turns you off? Stupidity
    05. What is your favorite curse word? Arsehat
    06. What sound or noise do you love? My pug snoring
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? children crying
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Criminologist
    09. What profession would you not like to do? An office job
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Yes, we do have Lucky Strike!
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: Not really..
  • First name: B.
    Meaning of user name: um...i really like green tea
    Geographical location: Baltimore, Maryland, Hon.
    Marital Status: Long term boy friend.
    Children/Ages: nope
    Pets: 2 cats
    Hobbies/Interests:Jewelry, ceramics, early music, renaissance fests, yoga, cell phones, Law, politics, activism
    Height: 4"11"
    Eye/Hair Color: gray/ what ever I chose at that moment (currently blond)
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? 9/05/10

Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 162/157/120
    Problem: BULIMIC ( yuck )
    Plan/Way of Eating: healthy eating choices and calorie counting woohooo!
    Favorite exercise: pilates
    Favorite movies: Bullworth, Hellboy, Star Wars
    Favorite books/plays: Anything by Flannery O'conner
    Music: Rodrigo y Gabriella is my new fave
    Favorite Quote: "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man"
    Favorite People (dead and living): President Clinton, Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi, Bobby Kennedy, etc
    Places you’ve been: a whole bunch.
    Places you want to visit: the void.
    Pivot’s questions
    01. What is your favorite word? aluminum (but said all english like)
    02. What is your least favorite word? ****
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? confidence, not arrogance
    04. What turns you off? Stupidity
    05. What is your favorite curse word? ****tard
    06. What sound or noise do you love? my boyfriend sleeping
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? screaming
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teaching
    09. What profession would you not like to do? Soldier.
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? There is no god so this question is moot.
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: I'm really allergic to peaches.
  • First name (if you want to tell): Prefer not to
    Meaning of user name: nothing really
    Geographical location: Ohio
    Marital Status: Single, in a serious relationship
    Pets: miniature pinscher
    Hobbies/Interests: spanish, linguistics, autism
    Height: 54''
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 24, 2010
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 190/186/140
    Problem: Emotional/Boredom eater
    Plan/Way of Eating Calorie counting, whole foods
    Favorite exercise: strenghth training
    Favorite movies: Lord of the rings
    Favorite books/plays: same as above
    Places you want to visit: Spain, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, England
    01. What is your favorite word? junction
    02. What is your least favorite word? hairy
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? hope
    04. What turns you off? intolerance
    05. What is your favorite curse word? bloody
    06. What sound or noise do you love? ticking clocks
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? children
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? special education teacher
    09. What profession would you not like to do? anything requiring travel
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? you are forgiven
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: No
  • First name (if you want to tell): -Marina
    Meaning of user name: usam - when I was trying to get a Green Card I called myself usam for USA Marina
    Geographical location: Ohio
    Marital Status:Married 6 years been with my hubby 15
    Children/Ages: Girl 5 , Boy 2
    Pets: a pet fish named sushi
    Hobbies/Interestsravel, cultural exploration, cooking, international cuisine, beauty/fashion
    Height: 5'0'
    Eye/Hair Color: Brown
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I was 15
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: Skip
    Problem: All sorts of beinging, restricting, orthorexia
    Plan/Way of Eating: Calorie counting, healthy foods (fruit and veg), avoiding fast foods/sweets
    Favorite exercise: High impact aerobics
    Favorite movies: The Count of Monte Christo, Sex in the City
    Favorite books/plays: Eat, Pray, Love
    Music: All kids especially Greek
    Favorite Quote(s): What goes around comes around
    Favorite People (dead and living): My family,
    People I can’t stand: Jessica Simpson, Kate Gosselin
    Places you’ve been:South Africa, Italy, England, France, Greece, Cyprus, Dubai, Canada
    Places you want to visit: Russia and Spain
    01. What is your favorite word? Love
    02. What is your least favorite word? c*nt
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Faith
    04. What turns you off? Ignorance
    05. What is your favorite curse word? Crap
    06. What sound or noise do you love? Children laughing
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? Chewing with your mouth open
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Doctor
    09. What profession would you not like to do? President of the USA
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome to Heaven now go pig out!
  • First name (if you want to tell): Leesha
    Meaning of user name: My nickname in high school and college
    Geographical location: West Texas
    Marital Status: Married for 10 years
    Children/Ages: DD/3
    Pets: 100+ pound Golden retriever named Moose and 1 cat named Wyatt-5 fish and 2 snails
    Hobbies/Interests: Water sports, reading, hunting, gardening, and puzzles
    Height: 5' 4"
    Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2008
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 285/240/130
    Problem: Binge eating/compulsive overeating
    Plan/Way of Eating: Eating a high percentage of raw foods and eliminating processed flour and sugar
    Favorite exercise Jogging on the treadmill
    Favorite movies: Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Bourne Supremecy Series
    Favorite books/plays: I just love to read period and usually read young adult literature so that I can talk about the "in" books with my students
    Music: I am a parrothead!

People I can’t stand: Rude people, conceited people, and most politicians (these days)
    Places you’ve been: All over the U.S. and Mexico, Tahiti, Hawaii, Canada
    Places you want to visit: Italy, Germany, Austria, England, Japan, Bahamas
    01. What is your favorite word? Scrumptious
    02. What is your least favorite word? Taking the Lords name in vain
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Curiosity
    04. What turns you off? Greed
    05. What is your favorite curse word? dang it
    06. What sound or noise do you love? My daughter laughing at her daddy
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? My daughter crying in pain
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Greenhousing
    09. What profession would you not like to do? Lawyer
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your family is waiting for you.
    Any other tidbits you would like to share: Love reading everyone else's Bios! They are inspirational, make me laugh, cry, and just feel good.

• First name (if you want to tell): Ania
    Meaning of user name: Ms./Mrs. Ania
    Geographical location: Illinois
    Marital Status: Married - 4 wonderful years
    Children/Ages: 3 Fur Babies, 1 Dog, 2 Cats
    Pets: See Children
    Hobbies/Interests: Traveling the world, reading, cooking, learning, etc.
    Height: Despite thinking I was 5' 4" for years, the doctor recently confirmed that I've grown an inch.
    Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Seems like forever
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 150
    Problem: Bingeing, guilt trips, and bulimia in the past
    Plan/Way of Eating: Calorie counting, eating healthy mostly unprocessed foods, avoiding sweets, but not feeling deprived
    Favorite exercise: Ick! I'm not an exercise fan, but I do love walking my dog in the forest preserve and being surrounded by all the nature sights, sounds, and smells
    Favorite movies: The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Favorite books/plays: Hmmm, I'm too much of a reader to list just one
    Music: Pretty much everything, except for death metal and such
    Favorite Quote(s): Bear with me as this is translated from Polish, but it goes something like, "The turkey was contemplating Sunday, and the chopped his head off Saturday." Morbid I know, but when applied to day to day life quite true.
    Favorite People (dead and living): Immediate family
    People I can’t stand: Fake people and mean people.
    Places you’ve been: Germany, Greece, Poland, Caribbean, Canada
    Places you want to visit: EVERYWHERE!
    01. What is your favorite word? Fochy (Polish for something along the lines of attitude - I just love the sound of it)
    02. What is your least favorite word? Not a word but a phrase, "It is what it is." Drives me crazy when people say it because it's such a meaningless waste of words.
    04. What turns you off? Ignorance
    05. What is your favorite curse word? Unfortunately, the F word. What can I say, my husband is a former sailor
    06. What sound or noise do you love? Rain
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? Bubblegum popping
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Travel writer
    09. What profession would you not like to do? Gynecologist
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome Ania follow me all of your family and friends are waiting for you.
  • First name (if you want to tell): Laura
    Meaning of user name: Krampus is the Austro-Bavarian "evil Santa," to oversimplify. He punishes the bad kids!
    Geographical location: Fukuoka, Japan
    Marital Status: 4 year relationship, no plans for marriage
    Pets: None
    Hobbies/Interests: Music, fashion, cities, outdoor recreation, CLUBBING, concerts, singing, hedonism and life in general
    Height: 5'4/163 cm
    Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (Round 2) March 2010
    Starting Weight/Present/Goal Weight: 155/134/120
    Problem: Eating ever slightly too much
    Plan To Lose: "Eat less, move more"
    Favorite exercise: Running, walking, dancing
    Favorite movies: Blade Runner, Forrest Gump, Gladiator
    Favorite books/plays: Moby-Dick, A Clockwork Orange, The Painted Bird
    Music: All over the place. Some favorites - New Order, Kraftwerk, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, The Cure, Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows, Rachid Taha, 2raumswohnung, Fettes Brot, Perfume, Capsule...
    Favorite Quote(s): "I have to make everything funny, otherwise it's all so sad." -Moon Unit Zappa
    Favorite People (dead and living): My parents, my boyfriend, my best friends
    People I can’t stand: Too many to list...conservative talking heads are up there.
    Places you’ve been: A bunch. Favorites are Berlin, Paris, Osaka, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, and all over America!
    Places you want to visit: Seoul, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Oslo, Stockholm, Prague, Rio de Janeiro, Montreal
    01. What is your favorite word? Prickle
    02. What is your least favorite word? Snack
    03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A complicated past.
    04. What turns you off? Bigotry.
    05. What is your favorite curse word? ****!
    06. What sound or noise do you love? Quiet traffic. Reassures me I'm not alone in the world!
    07. What sound or noise do you hate? Babies crying is up there.
    08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Travel writer/nightclub reviewer.
    09. What profession would you not like to do? Driving the septic truck. Smells like **** on earth.
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Irrashaimaseeeee!" (Japanese storekeepers/restauranteurs yell this at customers entering the store)